• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ya know, when the president first made the suggestion, I was like "there's no way he would actually try and push this through."

Yep, I was wrong...

In a news conference this afternoon, Donald Trump's chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, announced to the media that the president will host the 2020 G7 Summit — a meeting in which leaders of the seven largest economies on the planet meet to discuss world issues — at Trump National Doral Miami, which the president owns (and profits from).
    https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/...to-trump-national-doral-miami-resort-11295297

Let me guess, I'm the only one who thinks this is shady.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm tepid. Neither hot nor cold. Because I can't find any spare ****s to give about that. There are plenty more important things to think about than that.

Well, sure.

By that metric, the Kurds, Hong Kong, and Russian assassinations abroad don't really matter either. Tepidness abounds. :)

I guess, by way of exploring this particular issue, does it bother you at all that by doing this, our elected leader is subsidizing his personal assets? If it were your local mayor demanding all of the neighborhood associations meet at his restaurant conference center for a big meeting, would that make a difference.

Granted, maybe he's totally paying for the cost of all of it out of his own pocket - doing it all gratis. I really doubt it, but I guess we'll see.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Trump might even lose money holding the G7 conference there. With all the foreign leaders there they will probably have to close parts of the place to other customers for security reasons where they could have been making money on the whole place.

But TDS impaired folks don't need facts to get their panties all wadded.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump might even lose money holding the G7 conference there. With all the foreign leaders there they will probably have to close parts of the place to other customers for security reasons where they could have been making money on the whole place.

But TDS impaired folks don't need facts to get their panties all wadded.

Trump Turnberry emoluments scandal redux in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... (why doesn't he just take $65million from Penguin for 'future considerations' like everybody else does)

It will not (ever) matter if it turns out to be cheaper, bottom line, for the government to hold it there; because a Trump business will have profited :runaway:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Trump Turnberry emoluments scandal redux in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... (why doesn't he just take $65million from Penguin for 'future considerations' like everybody else does)

It will not (ever) matter if it turns out to be cheaper, bottom line, for the government to hold it there; because a Trump business will have profited :runaway:

What if the facility makes less profit having the G7 conference there than they would have made without having it there? Shouldn't the libtards be cheering that and demanding all conferences be held there.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But how many rounds will they be playing? Could still turn out to be a net loss over normal ops (you do know that the golf ain't free with the room, yes)

Edit: And as it's private property, it likely allows more comprehensive control of protesters

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom