The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nothing presumptive about it. I'm just following the words and actions of the press. I believe it is the documented 90% anti-Trump news and the openly avowed "resistance" as declared so many times by media members that has created something a fair bit different. As for "wide variety of outlets", I know you mean overwhelmingly leftist and never-Trumpers.

The presumption is that the opposition is generally Democrats. There's nothing presented that supports that claim, other than the mere fact that they oppose a president that has an "R" following his name. As I mentioned, I don't consider the president a Republican. Further, it is fairly obvious nowadays, that if one doesn't support the president, or dare to criticize his statements or actions, his supporters are all to willing to label them "leftists" or "never Trumpers."

The president's statements, regarding the media, should be condemned by media outlets of all flavors, as one shouldn't be exactly trusting of a government that attacks the free media by calling it the "enemy of the people." Such statements sound quite a bit a something a budding dictator would say.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I was watching Omarosa being interviewed on NBC (whom one would think would be a sympathetic ear), and even Savanna Guthrie seemed incredulous at her claims. She almost sounds like the female equivalent of Alex Jones. "There are some reports that say... " "I have heard that there is a recording of him using the N word..." "Is General Kelly actually running the country?" Not a shred of anything to corroborate her claims. Just claims and hearsay. If she has proof of ANY of it, she should show it, or hush.

Hasnt she been this way since the apprentice? So, I'm wondering why this is so shocking to many now. The better question to ask, is why did the president hire her in the first place, given her well know proclivities.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Are we really under the delusion that major media is not almost all hard dem progressives?

[video=youtube;W8qcccZy03s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8qcccZy03s[/video]

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hasnt she been this way since the apprentice? So, I'm wondering why this is so shocking to many now. The better question to ask, is why did the president hire her in the first place, given her well know proclivities.
    Yes. I despised her. When I first found out she was working for Trump in I think the campaign capacity and then the administration I said WTF?
    Although the access she had to anything sensitive was very limited.
    I would be more interested to know how much access she had to the president after he became president.
    Shes always been out for only herself.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I'd never heard of her until just recently. I never watched a single episode of The Apprentice. If that IS how she was then yeah, I wonder why she was hired.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I am an injection mold maker/designer/CNC programmer with over 20 years experience and I would NOT debate Ben Shapiro about injection molds, for $10K.

The damage he'd do to my professional credibility and psyche can't be quantified with $$$.:laugh:

What kind of CNC? I do HAAS mills, Okuma lathes, Doosan lathe, a wire edm, and last year started running Swiss turns. Do all programming at the control, unless it is 3D work that I have to use cam to draw and program.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The presumption is that the opposition is generally Democrats. There's nothing presented that supports that claim, other than the mere fact that they oppose a president that has an "R" following his name. As I mentioned, I don't consider the president a Republican. Further, it is fairly obvious nowadays, that if one doesn't support the president, or dare to criticize his statements or actions, his supporters are all to willing to label them "leftists" or "never Trumpers."

I will disagree with you here. I have criticized the president a number of times, here on INGO and other platforms, without ever being accused of anything by his supporters, so I don't think it is obvious at all.

The president's statements, regarding the media, should be condemned by media outlets of all flavors, as one shouldn't be exactly trusting of a government that attacks the free media by calling it the "enemy of the people." Such statements sound quite a bit a something a budding dictator would say.

I agree with you that the president shouldn't use inflammatory rhetoric like "enemy of the people" to describe the press, no argument there at all. However, it does raise two points I would like to make.

I wish the media would spend at least a little bit of time asking themselves why so many people agree with that rhetoric? I would think at some point they might ask themselves whether the current environment is a reflection of how well they have been doing their job, but they don't seem to get it.

My other point is that the hyperbolic rhetoric of the opposition makes it harder for someone like me to criticize the president as much as I probably would otherwise. I am always faced with deciding whether I want to bother with being on the same side as people that are always slinging around "treason", "fascist", etc. Even in this instance, I am stuck with being on the same side as "budding dictator." It's easier for me to just stay out of it, let the hyperbolic deal with each other.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Hmmm. Go with the Kut call, or with what this guy says

https://nypost.com/2017/10/21/the-other-half-of-america-that-the-liberal-media-doesnt-cover/
    Former NPR CEO opens up about liberal media bias

Ahh, he's only the former president of NPR. Probably doesn't know what he's talking about, right?

Funny how the same folks who believed in a "vast right-wing conspiracy" can take 90% cumulative negative coverage and see no bias at all - and let's face it, those exhibiting the bias are never going to admit it so statistics are about all we have to work with

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    The leftist Demo bias in the media is so pervasive that it boggles the mind that anyone would question it. The TDS infected folks are just insane. I can’t even begin to offer a criticism of Trump with the hate filled bias that’s out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    The leftist Demo bias in the media is so pervasive that it boggles the mind that anyone would question it. The TDS infected folks are just insane. I can’t even begin to offer a criticism of Trump with the hate filled bias that’s out there.

There are plenty of things he can be criticized for without buying any of the MSM hysteria. For example, his hiring of Omarosa into his campaign and White House...

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    There are plenty of things he can be criticized for without buying any of the MSM hysteria. For example, his hiring of Omarosa into his campaign and White House...

I’m sure there are. And I’m sure the Trump-haters will make all of those criticisms many times over. No reason for me to pike on.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Hard to say. She was then, and apparently is now too. She is a goober. I was shocked he hired her. Trump saw something in her he liked and kept trying to mentor her. Kinda like a kid killing his dad for the inheritance

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    It is absolutely hilarious that anyone could be so far removed from reality to question the massive left bias of the mainstream media,
    I agree the MSM has a significant left bias, but acting like anyone who disagrees is ridiculous is just a sure fire way to confirm in them their belief.

Do we care about changing hearts and minds or have we committed to strife?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree the MSM has a significant left bias, but acting like anyone who disagrees is ridiculous is just a sure fire way to confirm in them their belief.

Do we care about changing hearts and minds or have we committed to strife?

It seems to me that you will find very few of the president's supporters, who are willing to take him to task over some of his major missteps. It's typically confined to "I don't like his tweets," of "he's crass." Helsinki was an embarrassment. North Korea even more so. For all that we've given away, and the raising of the profiles of traditional enemies, we got what?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It seems to me that you will find very few of the president's supporters, who are willing to take him to task over some of his major missteps. It's typically confined to "I don't like his tweets," of "he's crass." Helsinki was an embarrassment. North Korea even more so. For all that we've given away, and the raising of the profiles of traditional enemies, we got what?
    I havent had anything major to criticize him over.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Well, we’ve started getting back remains of Korean War dead. Seems like a good start to me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom