The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I think you would have nothing to worry about. You know your field well. Ben would probably have to learn about your field, which he would do, and then you agree on everything.

I don't know. I just have a feeling we'd mix it up over hydraulic vs mechanical cam pulls or something and I'd end up crying by the time he was done.:crying:

The people I've seen him debate should be crying, but they rarely have anything resembling shame so they just sit there looking dumb.:n00b:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know. I just have a feeling we'd mix it up over hydraulic vs mechanical cam pulls or something and I'd end up crying by the time he was done.:crying:

The people I've seen him debate should be crying, but they rarely have anything resembling shame so they just sit there looking dumb.:n00b:

Watching Shapiro taking down people in his talks is always must-see tv.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I am an injection mold maker/designer/CNC programmer with over 20 years experience and I would NOT debate Ben Shapiro about injection molds, for $10K.

The damage he'd do to my professional credibility and psyche can't be quantified with $$$.:laugh:

So, you are afraid of being catcalled?

8iDCz4t.jpg

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    The Boston Globe [CNN Link] is organizing 100 or so newspapers to write editorials condemning President Trump and his treatment of the media on August 16th.

So basically, a bunch of generally Democrat journalists are going to write about 100 editorials attacking Trump. How exactly is that different from any other Thursday in the last 18 months?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Anyone wonder if Sessions will have Omarosa arrested for violating espionage act? She recorded a conversation in the situation room on her personal device and released it. That's a huge no-no.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Anyone wonder if Sessions will have Omarosa arrested for violating espionage act? She recorded a conversation in the situation room on her personal device and released it. That's a huge no-no.
    Doubt it, I'm not sure it even applies to this circumstance. Since Kelly appears to have been using it to cover for Human Resources negotiations/threats rather than the National Security purpose it is designed for, I'm really skeptical that the administration wants this anywhere near a courtroom much less that there was a violation.

Plus, I would be really curious who leaked the "questionable" details about her being carried out etc.

I would be unsurprised to see a civil defamation suit to force some uncomfortable discovery.

When you hire crazy...

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Boston Globe [CNN Link] is organizing 100 or so newspapers to write editorials condemning President Trump and his treatment of the media on August 16th.

So basically, a bunch of generally Democrat journalists are going to write about 100 editorials attacking Trump. How exactly is that different from any other Thursday in the last 18 months?

FWIW, I suppose it is that this time they are openly coordinating their efforts instead of coincidentally being on the same page.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    FWIW, I suppose it is that this time they are openly coordinating their efforts instead of coincidentally being on the same page.

As much as we label things, I think Phase2 is a bit presumptive. Sure we have the traditional "to and fro" concerning Republicans and Democrats, but we should be clear that the president isn't what one would traditionally be associated with "good" Republican policies. I think it's fair to say that he's created something a fair bit different. And as such, it's also presumptive to say that the newspapers running the editorials about his attack on the press are being spurred on mostly by Democrats. There seems to be a fair bit of opposition to his statements concerning the press from a wide variety of outlets.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was watching Omarosa being interviewed on NBC (whom one would think would be a sympathetic ear), and even Savanna Guthrie seemed incredulous at her claims. She almost sounds like the female equivalent of Alex Jones. "There are some reports that say... " "I have heard that there is a recording of him using the N word..." "Is General Kelly actually running the country?" Not a shred of anything to corroborate her claims. Just claims and hearsay. If she has proof of ANY of it, she should show it, or hush.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    As much as we label things, I think Phase2 is a bit presumptive. Sure we have the traditional "to and fro" concerning Republicans and Democrats, but we should be clear that the president isn't what one would traditionally be associated with "good" Republican policies. I think it's fair to say that he's created something a fair bit different. And as such, it's also presumptive to say that the newspapers running the editorials about his attack on the press are being spurred on mostly by Democrats. There seems to be a fair bit of opposition to his statements concerning the press from a wide variety of outlets.

Nothing presumptive about it. I'm just following the words and actions of the press. I believe it is the documented 90% anti-Trump news and the openly avowed "resistance" as declared so many times by media members that has created something a fair bit different. As for "wide variety of outlets", I know you mean overwhelmingly leftist and never-Trumpers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom