The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    In other news, it appears the DOJ was illicitly using Hillary's foreign agent who claimed to be in contact with the FSB, even after he had been fired.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/articl...e-dojs-bruce-ohr-would-insert-himself-ongoing

Will Mueller investigate the DOJ's potential collusion?

It still fascinates me the Special Prosecutor apparently has no interest investigating a presidential campaign paying a foreign national to reach out to Russian intelligence for assistance...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In other news, it appears the DOJ was illicitly using Hillary's foreign agent who claimed to be in contact with the FSB, even after he had been fired.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/articl...e-dojs-bruce-ohr-would-insert-himself-ongoing

It still fascinates me the Special Prosecutor apparently has no interest investigating a presidential campaign paying a foreign national to reach out to Russian intelligence for assistance...

Yesss. IIRC the justification for the Manafort prosecution as well as others are that their crimes were uncovered as part of the Trump investigation. The crimes of the Clinton factions are being uncovered in the same manner, you wouldn't think prosecution would be a jurisdictional or purview problem

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Yesss. IIRC the justification for the Manafort prosecution as well as others are that their crimes were uncovered as part of the Trump investigation. The crimes of the Clinton factions are being uncovered in the same manner, you wouldn't think prosecution would be a jurisdictional or purview problem

Using the FSB for campaign opposition research does seem a little more collusiony than lying on loan apps and filing incomplete tax returns...

The outgoing president's DOJ using that campaigns FSB connection as a source is even more interesting...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Well, we don't know if he has or hasn't.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have even toyed with the idea of polling the suggestion of having shorthand icons we could include in our signatures - perhaps a black star for Trumpers, a red star for never Trump and a green star as for Trump but with reservations. It could probably save a lot of time and finger fatigue

I would suggest a Gold Star for Trumpers instead.

star-graphics-favorite-icon-5pointed-260nw-272760683.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Straw man alert. Your response did not address Kut's quote. Its almost like you didn't read it. Kut's addressing the "opposition" and who they are; the assertion was that it is a construct of the MSM. It isn't.

So, Bug, do YOU consider the media an enemy of the people?

I don't. There is a significant left bias, which is superseded only by the green bias. Bashing Trump draws eyeballs.

But, more importantly, they also get things right sometimes. ("Right" as in "correct.") Blind pigs and acorns, kinda, but to dismiss the MSM on EVERY SINGLE THING is as blind as accepting them on every little thing.
    I consider dishonest/activist journalism an enemy of the people. On both sides. Not all journalists are activists, so I wouldn’t say that the media is the enemy of the people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's a conversation all to itself. The president gave us a figure of 200 remains to be returned. We got back 55. So where did that 200 figure come from? Did North Korea punish us for something, or did the WH just make that number up? Further, HOW do we know exactly who those remains belong to? We got 55 sets, and ONE dog tag. For all we know, North Korea has stuffed those boxes with gulag victims, kindnapees, soldiers from either side, or whomever. I'm not exactly one to believe North Korea to be an honest broker, and I'm completely without confidence in this administration calling it out (indicating naivety).

I wouldn’t call it naivety. It’s a show by a showman.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't disagree with you at all. My point goes to how to respond to it.

Reponding to it with: "The glorious uncriticizable Donald shall continue to kick all you stupid asses forever and ever amen, because you are deranged idiots. " sets us up for a return of the favor down the road.

Conversely, acknowledging when he ACTUALLY screws up actually takes the wind out of the MSM's histrionics.

Finger pointing and mocking are a poor substitute for an actual rational discussion. For whatever reason, it seems to me like a bunch of people think that because the MSM gave up on any sort of integrity, that makes it OK to do the same thing back.
    Well, not to mention it encourages Trump to continue saying/doing stupid ****. Make the praise/condemnation conditional. Instread, it appears that many of the ardent trumpers react to legitimate criticism of Trump as TDS. If you criticize Trump at all it’s like you **** on him.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's just so hard to find the truth these days. When the DOJ, FBI and all the intelligence services seem to be actively operating against the elected President we have a crisis on our hands. With the MSM actively supporting this group it becomes impossible to get to the truth of what's going on. It is disheartening and even more so when intelligent people turn a blind eye to it.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Well, not to mention it encourages Trump to continue saying/doing stupid ****. Make the praise/condemnation conditional. Instread, it appears that many of the ardent trumpers react to legitimate criticism of Trump as TDS. If you criticize Trump at all it’s like you **** on him.

Actually, consider that it may be enough that the media, Dems and ANTIFA are all extremely vocal over everything and nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Actually, consider that it may be enough that the media, Dems and ANTIFA are all extremely vocal over everything and nothing.

Yes. They are. But maybe if we could openly call aout trump when he does stupid stuff, instead of forcing cheezy excuses, like, “it’s all part of his master plan” Trump would at least adjust his behavior a little. But excusing all that is like a positive feedback loop for him. It just encourages him to do more of it. Of course the media has been extremely unfair to him. But that shouldn’t provide shadows for him to continue the legitimately dumb stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom