The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't think "we guys" are the ones with their hair on fire. That would be the folks claiming that the feds (read Trump) dropped the ball, when by all appearances it seems that ball got dropped by the locals. Reminds me of the folks that are blaming Trump for Flint, MI's water problem (despite the fact that the problem has/had existed well before Trump was even in the picture).

I agree. Trump didn't drop the ball. He is mostly in charge of his own optics, but I don't blame anyone for leftover water sitting unused in a Puerto Rican field. Some here think otherwise.

Flint government, specifically, and Michigan in general is a crying shame. A beautiful state except for the people who run it. BUT, please don't ask me to pay for your screwups.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    and...

images

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Beto O'Rourke Just Demonstrated How To Lose An Election In Texas
    Beto O’Rourke Just Showed Everyone How To Lose An Election In Texas

O’Rourke, who’s not shy about swearing on the campaign trail, added, “I have no idea how that polls and I should give a **** what the NRA thinks about it.”
    He might as well have said he doesn’t give a **** what Texans think about it.

Keep in mind this is Texas, where firearm purchases increased 137 percent between 2000 and 2016 and where people are generally passionate about their AR-15s. Slamming the National Rifle Association and denouncing AR-15s might get you peals of applause at a CNN town hall (or a SXSW panel) but it doesn’t play as well in the Lone Star State.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    NYT opinion piece suggesting that SCOTUS needs term limits.

That's a terrible idea.

The "will of the people" is the reason for lifetime appointments - to counterbalance the mercurial and capricious nature of that "will."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    NYT opinion piece suggesting that SCOTUS needs term limits.

That's a terrible idea.

The "will of the people" is the reason for lifetime appointments - to counterbalance the mercurial and capricious nature of that "will."
    Eh. Just wait until a Democrat nominates a commie. David Lionhardt will then be praising the system.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The cynic in me sees the seeds being planted in case the Republicans retain the House & Senate;
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45572871 - US judge allows e-voting despite hack fears

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45526335 - Four ways US mid-terms are undemocratic

From the second link: "When combined with the difficulty some - particularly the poor, the elderly and minority communities - have with getting proper government identification, the impact can be substantial."

:bs: If I'm not mistaken, in Indiana you can get a government-issued photo id at little or no cost whatsoever - so scratch the poor off that list. To my knowledge, no minority has ever been turned away from the BMV for being a minority - so scratch the minorities off that list. There are charitable organizations that will provide transportation to the elderly, not only for running errands (like going to the BMV) but also to get to the polls - so scratch the elderly off that list. I think that covers all the BS excuses that requiring something to vote that is required for dozens of other everyday transactions (writing a check, renting a movie, buying a pack of smokes, etc.) is somehow suppressing the vote. If people are too lazy, then they're too lazy. Can't legislate that away.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I think it is apparent the democraps don't want voter IDs because that would get in the way of voting fraud - like using dead persons info for voting. They are just playing the race card to fight voter ID because they always play the race card - like whenever they don't have any legitimate objection.

It was funny to see all the white people that buy into that democrap BS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom