The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah, Trump should have been on top of that instead of tweeting.

Oh...wait.... Trump says it was "a great success. Tremendous. Incredible."

[video=youtube_share;dlWG9Yz97E8]http://youtu.be/dlWG9Yz97E8[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If it was Obama, you'd blame him.

Obviously the Fox report is fake news. Trump said it was a total success.

Fine.
    Point to me where I attacked Pres. Obama for acting outside his purview.
    Don't forget to quote me when I defended him for a few things people said that were made up.

Of course, now I have defended Pres. Trump, which I dislike just about the same amount.

Just like defending Pres. Bush when everyone was mad because he didn't jump in on Katrina right away, even though it was supposed to be the responsibility of the Governor to ask for help first, and didn't.
    I guess I must be a Pres. Bush fan then.

Seems to me, it's a case of "my team/your team" syndrome.
    And if I'm not on a team, then I just get shouted at by both team.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, you can join my team. We have no dues, no meetings, no leadership.

The "you" I was referring to above was the "Royal INGO You".

I'm 20 pounds bigger than I'd like to be, but not that big.

The 5 pounds I lost in Intensive Care took a whole week to come back though. And the 15 pounds I lost in the week before that, it's also back.
    But still...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    giphy.gif

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If it was Obama, you'd blame him.

Obviously the Fox report is fake news. Trump said it was a total success.

OK, I posted this elsewhere, lets see how well it flies here.

Alpo decides to contribute to the Make the Monkeys Great Again foundation and gives Mr Monkey a hefty wad of cash.
    Mr Monkey decides to take all of Alpo's cash and blow it on hookers and blow instead of giving it to Mrs. Monkey and the little monkeys.
    Now the little monkeys are starving, and everyone is saying how bad Alpo is for not helping enough, yet Alpo is saying how good he is for his contribution.

So is it an Alpo (.gov) problem, or a Monkey (Corrupt PR) problem? And if your part of the solution runs flawlessly, yet downstream they drop the ball, must you take the hit for the failure of others even though you did your part well and have no control or responsibility on the downstream partners?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    OK, I posted this elsewhere, lets see how well it flies here.

Alpo decides to contribute to the Make the Monkeys Great Again foundation and gives Mr Monkey a hefty wad of cash.
    Mr Monkey decides to take all of Alpo's cash and blow it on hookers and blow instead of giving it to Mrs. Monkey and the little monkeys.
    Now the little monkeys are starving, and everyone is saying how bad Alpo is for not helping enough, yet Alpo is saying how good he is for his contribution.

So is it an Alpo (.gov) problem, or a Monkey (Corrupt PR) problem? And if your part of the solution runs flawlessly, yet downstream they drop the ball, must you take the hit for the failure of others even though you did your part well and have no control or responsibility on the downstream partners?

On one level, Trump declares victory and a yuge success.

On another level, there is water in Ceiba that may have been delivered after the initial crisis is over. Is that a reasonable assumption? Well, there usually is a lag between when a hurricane occurs and when services can be deployed to an island.

One more level down, that area of Puerto Rico gets rain every day in the monsoon season. Lots of rain. 7 to 12 feet of rain. I don't think water was particularly an issue in Vieques. It might have to be boiled, but no one in that area likely died of dehydration.

So, we have a foto of excess water sitting near the Ceiba airport many months after a hurricane. And INGO's hair catches fire.

LOL

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On one level, Trump declares victory and a yuge success.

On another level, there is water in Ceiba that may have been delivered after the initial crisis is over. Is that a reasonable assumption? Well, there usually is a lag between when a hurricane occurs and when services can be deployed to an island.

One more level down, that area of Puerto Rico gets rain every day in the monsoon season. Lots of rain. 7 to 12 feet of rain. I don't think water was particularly an issue in Vieques. It might have to be boiled, but no one in that area likely died of dehydration.

So, we have a foto of excess water sitting near the Ceiba airport many months after a hurricane. And INGO's hair catches fire.

LOL

Point missed. Lots of aid delivered to the island. Yet said aid never made it to the people

And it is more than just water. There were earlier reports of food and other aid that also were not delivered. (though not quite as spectacular)

I'll even reference the preferred liberal media source so you can't claim its "fake news"

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...-rico-relief-goods-sit-undistributed-at-ports

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It happens all over the world unless our folks (military) are willing to get in there and protect the cache and distribute the goods.

So, either you blame the President for the FUBAR situation or you recognize it as a human failing and attempt to minimize it.

How many billions did the CIA throw away in Southwest Asia? We have a trillion dollars spent in that area, 5,000 dead soldiers and you guys get all hair on fire about West Side Story and Aquarina bottles.

Big picture, please.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It happens all over the world unless our folks (military) are willing to get in there and protect the cache and distribute the goods.

So, either you blame the President for the FUBAR situation or you recognize it as a human failing and attempt to minimize it.

How many billions did the CIA throw away in Southeast Asia? We have a trillion dollars spent in that area, 5,000 dead soldiers and you guys get all hair on fire about West Side Story and Aquarina bottles.

Big picture, please.

I don't think "we guys" are the ones with their hair on fire. That would be the folks claiming that the feds (read Trump) dropped the ball, when by all appearances it seems that ball got dropped by the locals. Reminds me of the folks that are blaming Trump for Flint, MI's water problem (despite the fact that the problem has/had existed well before Trump was even in the picture).

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

How many billions did the CIA throw away in Southeast Asia? We have a trillion dollars spent in that area, 5,000 dead soldiers and you guys get all hair on fire about West Side Story and Aquarina bottles.

Big picture, please.

False equivalency.

Twist and dodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom