• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Yes, soon we will be awash in all the $17 9mm FMJs, and $30 .22 bricks we can handle.

$10 9mm and $15 .22 will never happen again. I hope someone prooves me wrong, but Im not going to hold my breath.

9 MM is already at $13.99 at Cabela's, and they are stocking Federal .22's for $28.00 a brick with boring regularity. You need to get out more.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Yes, soon we will be awash in all the $17 9mm FMJs, and $30 .22 bricks we can handle.

$10 9mm and $15 .22 will never happen again. I hope someone prooves me wrong, but Im not going to hold my breath.

This is essentially what i posted in the other thread about this. The days of me getting a brick of 22 lr at 18.99 at Dicks are gone. I recently have gotten some 9mm reasonably priced (at todays prices that is).

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    The prices will fall soon enough. I simply put the .22 away. I have plenty of ammo for it because I purchased several 500 round bricks when they were $8 per brick. I shot a lot and was looking for a favorite round, so I just purchased several bricks of each type. I figured I would always shoot it up later anyway, this was before the panic / hoarding began. My solution was the same as another poster, I switched to 9mm. I like the 9mm rifle as well as the .22, and get more bang for my buck. Other calibers are showing up in normal supplies, and I expect the .22 will follow. Even if there were an extended circumstance, when the ammo industries see a shortage long enough, they will likely retool to the new long term demand. I will keep my .22 supplies until it returns at normal prices, until then, I really don't care any more. I expect when the price drops and supply returns we will see tons of it for sale by people who finally realize that a ton of it in the garage is not needed for the coming Apocalypse, a .22 is too weak to stake your life on a zombie attack..

tonybia

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    7   1   1
    Apr 24, 2013
    Last week I picked up 5 boxes of Tulammo 9mm for $10.50 each..at Walmart too.. Pretty darn good pricing!!!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I would not hold your breath. With the recent shootings, and election in 2016. Something will happen to create another panic.

I disagree. Even if another "panic" does happen, I think people are panic-weary. You can only stay scared for so long. Eventually when the boogey man doesn't come, you let your adrenaline recover.

Hohn's Fundamental Truth #2: That which cannot go on forever, WILL not go on forever. That's not to say that .22 will be widely available (and cheap) tomorrow or even next week. But all bubbles pop-- eventually.

I suspect it may happen as soon as later this year (Oct-Nov), but may go on until next Summer. It may to until 2017, who knows. But it will end.

Home prices are not at 2007 levels. And Gold is not at $1800 an ounce.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've seen ammo becoming more available and slightly more reasonable. As far as a "crash", I don't see that happening.:twocents:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I agree that most ammo has definitely became easier to find in retail stores compared to last year. Luckily for me, the calibers I need have returned to reasonable prices also. .22lr and .22mag is a totally different story. Both can be found but expect to pay a premium when you do find it. Prices are all over the place for .22. One week ago I saw .22mag for sale at $35 for a box of 50 and last weekend I found it for $18 a box.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    8 Buck .308, it is Russian but . 32 cents a round Federal 5.56 and also name brand brass 9mm for 12 a box - Things are looking up :yesway:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The big O is back onnthe news with talks about something needing to be done. Retail ammo prices will not go down.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    They already have.

Where? You mentioned $13.99 9mm in a previous post. That is 28 cents a round. I paid 30 cents a round for 9mm during the crunch. Not exactly what I would call a trend towards cheaper ammo prices. I suppose it is all relative. It was not that many years ago (2008) that 100 round boxes of WWB were $10. Even more recently (as in 2012) $5/50 Wolf or TulAmmo could be found quite easily. Other then sales/promotion I would expect very little price reduction at the wholesale or retail level. This may not apply to local gun shops who do not buy the quanties or internet gougers selling at artifcially inflated prices.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Where? You mentioned $13.99 9mm in a previous post........ It was not that many years ago (2008) that 100 round boxes of WWB were $10.

True. And it will be again, if not less. 9 MM was all but not available last year. And when it was it was $17.00 a box or more. In another year things will return to below what they were. Remember, most of this ammo that has been purchased in the past year or so has not been shot. It's been hoarded. When the supply returns there will be little demand. This will resort in a huge glut.

The .22 rimfire range at my local club has almost no one there every time I go. There always used to be at least a dozen or more shooters blasting away. Yet during all of this, .22 ammo has been flying off the shelves at any price. Where is it all? All these ammunition hoarders are going to stop buying......For a long time. Then watch the prices drop. All supply with little demand. This was all brought about by political scare tactics. People won't stay scared forever.

Top Bottom