• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Same here. I'd more than happily pay $20-$25 for a 550 bulk pack.

Was not long ago these were $15. I can remember $10 and I am not that old.

Soon as Hillary announces her official white house run the whole craze will start again.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Was not long ago these were $15. I can remember $10 and I am not that old.

Soon as Hillary announces her official white house run the whole craze will start again.
    I don't think her election would have much impact on the gun industry. The recovery from Newtown is still under way. Crazed lunatics shooting people is sadly becoming common place. With each shooting there are the usual whiney little *****es pining for gun control but no serious legislation is happening. But even if there were a serious chance that legislation could pass, I doubt it would affect the .22lr market. It's hard to panic buy something when it's not on the shelves. At most it might convince hornadylnl to let loose some of his vast reserves on the market. :)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    LNL shows a picture of something like 30000 rounds that he has stockpiled. Definitely not a vast reserve and by no means a lifetime supply.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    How about $8.88 back in the mid 90's. That's when I bought this one, and around 100 more like it. What ammo shortage?

Looks like it is time for someone to dust off a few boxes and get a table at the local gun show.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Looks like it is time for someone to dust off a few boxes and get a table at the local gun show.

It's most certainly a thought. However, then I would have to pay more to replace it. I'd rather just shoot it up. That's more satisfying. Especially when it only cost me a penny and a half a round to do it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    It's most certainly a thought. However, then I would have to pay more to replace it. I'd rather just shoot it up. That's more satisfying. Especially when it only cost me a penny and a half a round to do it.

Sir if you go out and shoot up 50000 rounds then I salute you. Good man. It is the people who accumulate a bunch of ammo and then do not use it that I find interesting. I suppose if life as we know it ends then they will have the last laugh. Now I will admit to keeping a brick of good CCI ammo in the safe in case of emergencies but otherwise my plan is to enjoy my ammo with family and friends.

Just added up. I have sent over 900 rounds of 45 acp downrange in the last month. Not that much 22 though.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Sir if you go out and shoot up 50000 rounds then I salute you. Good man.

I will if I can live long enough. If I don't my wife can enjoy what fills the cigar box after the fire sale. Either way I'm not going to worry about it. Also, I bought all of it when it was sitting on pallets, or on a end cap at most every Walmart and Tractor Supply in the country for that price. Had I told someone then I was going to keep it until I could sell it for $60.00 a box, they would have laughed at me. Then talked all the way home in the car, about how idiots who think like that shouldn't own guns. :laugh:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have noticed some small price drops, and more availablitly here in Indy. And I even scored 3 boxes of Stingers a couple of weeks ago at my local Wal-Mart. I do not make a habit of looking for it, but we were there shopping anyway, I got lucky. They have a 3 box limit in place, I bought my 3 and they still had at least 6 boxes left. Just good timing on my part for once.

rcam1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    chillin in my hammoc
    i was at the Walmart in Camby the other day and they had 1 box of .22 333 count for 16.99 i think, i passed on it and let the guy behind me get it, probably should have bought it, and noticed they are selling guns now.

rcam1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    chillin in my hammoc
    You haven't done any shooting in four years? That sucks.

i also got into archery a few years ago and it is cheaper, still love my guns but enjoy the technical aspects of archery a lot, currently working on a new reloading bench and trying to build my first AR and looking into reloading for that in the next year hopefully.
    dropped my membership at Indy Fish & Game because i couldn't afford to carry the membership there and the archery club as well with ammo prices and all, but as others have said it is starting to calm down some but slowly.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I haven't personally shot any 22 LR for over a year and a half. Mainly 9mm and some 38 Special. And that was just to stay proficient with my two main carry pieces. Haven't shot my AR in over a year. One income only goes so far when one has a hungry teenage boy.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I haven't personally shot any 22 LR for over a year and a half. Mainly 9mm and some 38 Special. And that was just to stay proficient with my two main carry pieces. Haven't shot my AR in over a year. One income only goes so far when one has a hungry teenage boy.
    Shoot food with the AR to feed the teen! WIN! WIN!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I paid $0.048 per round for the last two 22LR purchases I've made, adding 1250 rounds to my supply. Not sure what you guys are talking about...

Top Bottom