• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Perhaps she carries an illegal switchblade.....

Question? Let's say Freddie lived and had his day in court. Would you convict? Would you be so forward thinking to even believe the arrest was ridiculous? Anybody may answer this question.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Question? Let's say Freddie lived and had his day in court. Would you convict? Would you be so forward thinking to even believe the arrest was ridiculous? Anybody may answer this question.
    Perhaps he may have provided evidence we don't already know. As it stands what did the officers do wrong?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Perhaps he may have provided evidence we don't already know. As it stands what did the officers do wrong?

That depends on how far down the freedom rabbit hole we'd like to burrow. I have no issue with the chase and detainment. I do have issue with the charging. Running away when you see police isn't a crime. Suspicious, yes, but not a crime. I can accept that in the interest of public safety, stop is ok, only for the purposes of preventing an imminent criminal act, against persons or property. However, there should be limitations on the scope of that stop, given that it is most certainly a "seizure." IMO charging a person for "banned" item or substance, when the basis of the stop lacks criminal behavior exceeds the bounds of what is reasonable. Seize the item/substance, make note of the offender, and make your case another day, when the 4th Amendment supports you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Law firm cash registers are ringing, wonder what the settlement will be this time.

It's the gift that keeps on giving. Payout to the family for wrongful death. Payout to the police officers who were wrongfully charged.

That depends on how far down the freedom rabbit hole we'd like to burrow. I have no issue with the chase and detainment. I do have issue with the charging. Running away when you see police isn't a crime. Suspicious, yes, but not a crime. I can accept that in the interest of public safety, stop is ok, only for the purposes of preventing an imminent criminal act, against persons or property. However, there should be limitations on the scope of that stop, given that it is most certainly a "seizure." IMO charging a person for "banned" item or substance, when the basis of the stop lacks criminal behavior exceeds the bounds of what is reasonable. Seize the item/substance, make note of the offender, and make your case another day, when the 4th Amendment supports you.

I'm not a lawyer and I'm not going to argue whether Grey should have been charged. I've seen some lawyers say either way depending on which side they're on.

Maybe the cops shouldn't have charged him. Maybe the prosecutor shouldn't have charged the officers with murder. Sounds like at the very least, Baltimore has issues, such as falsely charging people with stuff. I've never been to Baltimore, only passed through. Seems like a **** hole best avoided.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It's looking like Mosby was a fool to bring charges. it;s looking more and more like she and the liberal media tried to lynch mob them. She is/was a fool.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It's looking like Mosby was a fool to bring charges. it;s looking more and more like she and the liberal media tried to lynch mob them. She is/was a fool.

To anyone paying attention, it looked that way from the very beginning.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well, when your world-view is, "All police are racist murderers," you bring charges.
    I don't believe the prosecutor thinks that. I believe it was more a matter of pandering to the idiots demanding "justice". The mob wanted a hanging and they tried to give them one.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don't believe the prosecutor thinks that. I believe it was more a matter of pandering to the idiots demanding "justice". The mob wanted a hanging and they tried to give them one.

and failed in an epic manner on the National stage.

Top Bottom