• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Officers can disagree can we not? I have no problem with anybody that disagrees with me.... I don't go assailing the places that local officers do their jobs. Different agencies do different things, ok I get that, but don't infer that one job is more important than the other or that one particular job is easier than the next. You make a quip about the "Mean streets of Carmel," and you're implying that officers aren't taking the same risks as any other officer. From a non-LEO, meh. But from another officer, is very easy to take exception.

[video=youtube;moSFlvxnbgk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk[/video]

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    No, I called you the type of person that would want to live in Carmel if what you believed is true, is indeed true. You may interpret that anyway you want. In other words, don't make generalizations about strangers, unless you want the same done to you.
    No generalizations. Hell I've been in the car during one of y'alls dwb. You can deny all you want but it's been happening for a long time.

Only a blind and deaf man could read your insult as anything but throwing the racist card. Yet here you are acting the innocent and then complaining about you being slighted? Hypocrite much?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No generalizations. Hell I've been in the car during one of y'alls dwb. You can deny all you want but it's been happening for a long time.

Only a blind and deaf man could read your insult as anything but throwing the racist card. Yet here you are acting the innocent and then complaining about you being slighted? Hypocrite much?

Sure you have Bob, sure you have. When you putting the down payment on your mortgage?..... and tell your chauffeur to wear his cap next time to avoid any future issues.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Wait for it....pretty soon "somebody" is going to say, "You're ugly and your Momma dresses you funny!"

Since I didn't say who the "somebody" is, no one can claim I insulted him or her.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Wait for it....pretty soon "somebody" is going to say, "You're ugly and your Momma dresses you funny!"

Since I didn't say who the "somebody" is, no one can claim I insulted him or her.

[Starts INGO pool for over/under on someone creating a "somebody" username]

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You make a quip about the "Mean streets of Carmel," and you're implying that officers aren't taking the same risks as any other officer.

Seems like you're the only one that made that leap.

BTW, if it offends you so mightily, you may want to have a chat with your detectives about what they say at out of agency training. I didn't invent the phrase, I just found it funny.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    On an unrelated note, there is a notion that the knives described by the Baltimore ordinance, and a similar one for New York that also appears to support an inordinate amount of pretextual stops, might be unconstitutional under Heller and its progeny, Caetano. How ironic would that be!

Gravity Knifes Law in New York May Be Unconstitutional

The link is specific to the NY law, but I see no practical difference in application to Baltimore's.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    On an unrelated note, there is a notion that the knives described by the Baltimore ordinance, and a similar one for New York that also appears to support an inordinate amount of pretextual stops, might be unconstitutional under Heller and its progeny, Caetano. How ironic would that be!

Gravity Knifes Law in New York May Be Unconstitutional

The link is specific to the NY law, but I see no practical difference in application to Baltimore's.

Interesting, but generally irrelevant, since it would have no impact on the legality/propriety of the Freddie Gray arrest, specifically with respect to Mosby's utterly novel legal theory presented in the case against Officer Nero.

(That said: I would generally like to see such laws deemed unconstitutional violations of the second amendment.)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting, but generally irrelevant, since it would have no impact on the legality/propriety of the Freddie Gray arrest, specifically with respect to Mosby's utterly novel legal theory presented in the case against Officer Nero.

(That said: I would generally like to see such laws deemed unconstitutional violations of the second amendment.)

Yeah, for appellate geeks, this could get really interesting.

Freddie Gray's family, in the lawsuit for civil rights violation, will likely argue (will likely HAVE to argue) that the knife-ban is unconstitutional. The obvious vulnerability is that it is vague or being enforced improperly. But, to an attorney looking at every angle, this is an avenue that can't be ignored - that the substance of the law is unconstitutional.

So, a civil court would be passing judgment on the constitutionality of a criminal law. Not unheard of, but I think unusual.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I agree. Laws against throwing stars, specific knives, etc. should be repealed. That also doesn't change the way the law actually is.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

I was waiting for...

[video=youtube;cAy4zULKFDU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAy4zULKFDU[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seems like you're the only one that made that leap.

BTW, if it offends you so mightily, you may want to have a chat with your detectives about what they say at out of agency training. I didn't invent the phrase, I just found it funny.

Meh, you can be whatever expert you choose to be, on whatever day. :yesway:

Top Bottom