• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh, yeah and that whole "mean streets of Carmel," comment set us down this road. Whenever you guys have an officer involved tragedy, we leave our "Mean streets," and patrol your districts so you can mourn. When you guys have special events and need manpower, again we leave our "Mean streets," and lend a hand.
    Let's not be coy, everyone knows what you're implying when you say "mean streets of Carmel." It's a slight that dishonors every guy and gal I work with.... as it questions their abilities, dedication, and willingness to serve.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Bro, you can talk all you want about me, how I do the job, work effort, whatever, that's no skin. But when you besmirch the men and women I work with, that's going to hit a nerve. The professional courtesy I'm extending goes to you and your agency, and any other officers that are members here. So I'm asking you sincerely, take the high road.
    No one is besmirching anyone at CPD. Hell, BBI and myself work with CPD guys on a fairly regular basis working ERG. We've got nothing but good things to say. You are taking this in a direction it was never intended.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Oh, yeah and that whole "mean streets of Carmel," comment set us down this road. Whenever you guys have an officer involved tragedy, we leave our "Mean streets," and patrol your districts so you can mourn. When you guys have special events and need manpower, again we leave our "Mean streets," and lend a hand.
    Let's not be coy, everyone knows what you're implying when you say "mean streets of Carmel." It's a slight that dishonors every guy and gal I work with.... as it questions their abilities, dedication, and willingness to serve.
    Not even close bro.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No one is besmirching anyone at CPD. Hell, BBI and myself work with CPD guys on a fairly regular basis working ERG. We've got nothing but good things to say. You are taking this in a direction it was never intended.

Am I? ....."maybe in the Mean Streets of Carmel." How exactly is one supposed to interpret that when talking about a difference in procedure. I would think they layman, would see that as mocking the job being done, as not as important or necessary.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Then what does it mean?
    I'll be honest here. It means Carmel ISN'T Indy. You have a higher standard of living, lower crime, better image....but if you want to learn how to patrol the ghetto, it ain't there. Nothing wrong with that, it is what it is. That has NOTHING to do with and CPD officer's importance, integrity, work ethic, ect. You are needed up there and we are needed here. We are not better than you and vise versa. It's just different worlds. And that is OK.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    BBI, we routinely talk about other departments here, do we not? We make statements about how they do the job, their training, or what they know. At least amongst us officers, we do not do the same concerning agencies we come into contact with.
    And no, the PC did not exist for the arrest. It was a ******** arrest.

So, even admitting you don't know all the facts you've already decided to MMQB these guys as making a bad arrest? Pshawing the actual law and relevant case law because you don't happen to agree with them? Then you want to talk about professional courtesy? Pass. Now you've got to trump up some righteous indignation by reading so far into a comment to try and put me on the defensive with high road/professional courtesy talk? Pass.

Denny has already summed it up pretty well.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, even admitting you don't know all the facts you've already decided to MMQB these guys as making a bad arrest? Pshawing the actual law and relevant case law because you don't happen to agree with them? Then you want to talk about professional courtesy? Pass. Now you've got to trump up some righteous indignation by reading so far into a comment to try and put me on the defensive with high road/professional courtesy talk? Pass.

Denny has already summed it up pretty well.

Denny did, you didn't. A while back you got bent out of shape over a post of mine, that was very similar to what you did in this thread. So I held you to that standard. Call me crazy, but you're looking like a serious hypocrite right now.

I standby it being a bad arrest, especially from a department well KNOWN for making bogus arrests.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Denny did, you didn't. A while back you got bent out of shape over a post of mine, that was very similar to what you did in this thread. So I held you to that standard. Call me crazy, but you're looking like a serious hypocrite right now.

I standby it being a bad arrest, especially from a department well KNOWN for making bogus arrests.

Nope. I asked a mod if what you posted was within the rules and said if it was I would respond in kind. The mod decided it wasn't, so I didn't. I think we've been over this before then you put me on ignore for awhile. I've not engaged in name calling, I actually never mentioned your department at all, you just read into a comment. How is "mean streets of Carmel" insulting to Carmel PD...or even about the PD?

In the country I live in, running isn't an arrestable offense, when a crime hasn't occurred. Should the officers have chased and detained him? No idea, I wasn't there. But what we do know, is that he shouldn't have been arrested. If you disagree, I'd like you to explain how a guy running is creates enough PC to enact an arrest.

What I've done is answer this. Running at the sight of police in this instance provides a legal justification for chasing and detaining the individual. I don't think you're going to argue you can't legally disarm someone who's fled from you and is then lawfully detained. The city law DOES make that knife illegal. If you don't LIKE it, that's ok, but that doesn't mean it's a bad arrest legally. If you find some insult in providing case law and the city's law, I can't help you.

Now, if the driver caused the detainee's death or not is up to the courts. To charge everyone involved, and with such blatant overcharging, reeks of political prosecution. To blindly throw fellow officers under the bus based on media accounts and an admitted lack of knowledge of the details is not worthy of professional courtesy. If that makes me a hypocrite in your eyes, I'm fine with that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nope. I asked a mod if what you posted was within the rules and said if it was I would respond in kind. The mod decided it wasn't, so I didn't. I think we've been over this before then you put me on ignore for awhile. I've not engaged in name calling, I actually never mentioned your department at all, you just read into a comment. How is "mean streets of Carmel" insulting to Carmel PD...or even about the PD?

What I've done is answer this. Running at the sight of police in this instance provides a legal justification for chasing and detaining the individual. I don't think you're going to argue you can't legally disarm someone who's fled from you and is then lawfully detained. The city law DOES make that knife illegal. If you don't LIKE it, that's ok, but that doesn't mean it's a bad arrest legally. If you find some insult in providing case law and the city's law, I can't help you.

Now, if the driver caused the detainee's death or not is up to the courts. To charge everyone involved, and with such blatant overcharging, reeks of political prosecution. To blindly throw fellow officers under the bus based on media accounts and an admitted lack of knowledge of the details is not worthy of professional courtesy. If that makes me a hypocrite in your eyes, I'm fine with that.

All good in the hood bro. Say whatever you need to. I got you pegged. You most certainly don't have to worry about me extending you any courtesies in the future. We can simply agree to disagree concerning this matter. The kinship you have with those officers, you can keep.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Jackboot fight!!!!

5425fecca9ecd.image.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut, you are looking way to hard for a fight from people you should call brothers. Just saying.

Officers can disagree can we not? I have no problem with anybody that disagrees with me.... I don't go assailing the places that local officers do their jobs. Different agencies do different things, ok I get that, but don't infer that one job is more important than the other or that one particular job is easier than the next. You make a quip about the "Mean streets of Carmel," and you're implying that officers aren't taking the same risks as any other officer. From a non-LEO, meh. But from another officer, is very easy to take exception.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Officers can disagree can we not? I have no problem with anybody that disagrees with me.... I don't go assailing the places that local officers do their jobs. Different agencies do different things, ok I get that, but don't infer that one job is more important than the other or that one particular job is easier than the next. You make a quip about the "Mean streets of Carmel," and you're implying that officers aren't taking the same risks as any other officer. From a non-LEO, meh. But from another officer, is very easy to take exception.
    I was just trying to point out that you are reading to much into it. It was a little slight at worst, nothing at best. You work on a smaller dept. in probably one the richest areas per capita in the the state. Honestly, tell me you can chuckle a little at "the mean streets of Carmel"? Lighten up Francis. :)

Top Bottom