• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    If it sits right with you is irrelevant. If it sits right with the Constitution, well, SCOTUS says it does so again your take is irrelevant in deciding the legality of the officers' actions. You are reading into the decision to imply an action in a low crime area is different. Totality of the circumstances and all that.

So, no. His rights were not violated. You believe the law should be different, but that's not the same thing. Just like your allegations they arrested him for a made up crime. No, the crime is on the books. PC exists for the arrest and RS exists for the initial stop by the law.

As I recall Freddy was well known to the officers in the area. Seems to me his prior status counts (or should) more than WHERE he is when he runs. Like, I don't care if the dude is in church. If I know his rap sheet and he runs upon seeing me...I'm chasing him no matter where we are.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    As I recall Freddy was well known to the officers in the area. Seems to me his prior status counts (or should) more than WHERE he is when he runs. Like, I don't care if the dude is in church. If I know his rap sheet and he runs upon seeing me...I'm chasing him no matter where we are.

Dat's RACIST! lol use purple as needed.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Speeding.... contrary to law, enforcement discretion allowed.
    Drunk in public.... contrary (used to be) to law, enforcement discretion allowed.
    Making eye contact with police and running.... not contrary to law, enforcement.... uhhhhh.... for what?

Oh... being compelled to stop for something NOT contrary to law, finding an "illegal" item afterwards (fruit from a poisonous tree) and then enforcing. No bueno....
    Was he not already known to one or more off the officers as a previous criminal? If true, that could mean RS existed to chase. Look man, I don't know how you patrol your ghettos in Carmel but I guess it gets done differently everywhere else. I would NEVER advocate violating the Constitution, but if you work in a crap hole you will learn that you need to travel VERY close to the line if you ever want to make a difference. Maybe the van driver will be found guilty of something, but the witch hunt going on for the rest is laughable. It's rotten with politics. As a police officer, I will NEVER understand looting and rioting the very community I live in. In fact, that is the very thing I train to contain.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Mean streets of Carmel are different, I guess. Case law is irrelevant and common sense that a known criminal bolts at sight of law enforcement is worth investigating is storm trooper tactics.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Mean streets of Carmel are different, I guess. Case law is irrelevant and common sense that a known criminal bolts at sight of law enforcement is worth investigating is storm trooper tactics.
    But should'nt known criminals that bolt at the sight of law enforcement have constitutional rights to not be chased just like everyone else?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I thought that once you're in police custody, they are completely responsible of your safety.
    They are to protect you from yourself, others, and environmental hazards. Is that not so?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I'm allowing for professional courtesy, guys, but if you really want to travel down this road, you've met the right guy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Was he not already known to one or more off the officers as a previous criminal? If true, that could mean RS existed to chase. Look man, I don't know how you patrol your ghettos in Carmel but I guess it gets done differently everywhere else. I would NEVER advocate violating the Constitution, but if you work in a crap hole you will learn that you need to travel VERY close to the line if you ever want to make a difference. Maybe the van driver will be found guilty of something, but the witch hunt going on for the rest is laughable. It's rotten with politics. As a police officer, I will NEVER understand looting and rioting the very community I live in. In fact, that is the very thing I train to contain.

Chip has said that, but I haven't been able to confirm it myself.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Obviously. He'll you've already called me a racist.

No, I called you the type of person that would want to live in Carmel if what you believed is true, is indeed true. You may interpret that anyway you want. In other words, don't make generalizations about strangers, unless you want the same done to you.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm allowing for professional courtesy, guys, but if you really want to travel down this road, you've met the right guy.

You've accused officers of enforcing a "fictional crime" when the crime is on the books, implied RS didn't exist even though case law supports it, and bring "stormtroop" into it when we disagree with you...now professional courtesy is going to enter the thread?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You've accused officers of enforcing a "fictional crime" when the crime is on the books, implied RS didn't exist even though case law supports it, and bring "stormtroop" into it when we disagree with you...now professional courtesy is going to enter the thread?

Bro, you can talk all you want about me, how I do the job, work effort, whatever, that's no skin. But when you besmirch the men and women I work with, that's going to hit a nerve. The professional courtesy I'm extending goes to you and your agency, and any other officers that are members here. So I'm asking you sincerely, take the high road.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ronda-rousey-needs-plastic-surgery-on-her-face-after-brutal-knock-out-kick-714629.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Bro, you can talk all you want about me, how I do the job, work effort, whatever, that's no skin. But when you besmirch the men and women I work with, that's going to hit a nerve. The professional courtesy I'm extending goes to you and your agency, and any other officers that are members here. So I'm asking you sincerely, take the high road.

Does it apply to Baltimore PD? Professional courtesy would be waiting for all the facts, which you've admitted to not having, before railing on other officers for violating rights, making up crimes, etc. "Stormtroop"?

That's ok in your book but what I said crossed some line for you? What exactly did I say that besmirched your co-workers? Let's compare what ever you took so great offense to and some of your quotes here.

You want high road? Answer my first question. Did PC exist for the arrest?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Does it apply to Baltimore PD? Professional courtesy would be waiting for all the facts, which you've admitted to not having, before railing on other officers for violating rights, making up crimes, etc. "Stormtroop"?

That's ok in your book but what I said crossed some line for you? What exactly did I say that besmirched your co-workers? Let's compare what ever you took so great offense to and some of your quotes here.

You want high road? Answer my first question. Did PC exist for the arrest?

BBI, we routinely talk about other departments here, do we not? We make statements about how they do the job, their training, or what they know. At least amongst us officers, we do not do the same concerning agencies we come into contact with.
    And no, the PC did not exist for the arrest. It was a ******** arrest.

Top Bottom