The 9mm sucks. Man shot 21 times still alive.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That's my main EDC:rockwoot:

I like big and heavy but I can see how it could put off some.

It pains me to say it, but thats the one I shoot best. It's why it's the one I have out at home. Just too darn big for me to carry though. I also have the service sized one. But for some reason, I have never taken to shooting it as well as the others.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone want to go visit the graves of dead World War II soldiers and tell them that 9mm is an effective anemic round?

I wouldn't want to call it ineffective by any means. In the example you stated, it was probably " ball " ammo used. With the more modern ammo now days, the effectiveness would even be greater.

But saying that, those who just prefer a larger caliber do share a commonality with those who pick and choose the so called " latest and greatest" self defense ammo out there. All they are guilty of is just wanting to have what they feel is the best option for them. It doesn't mean they are saying a particular caliber is not effective...

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Personally I shoot the best with my 22lr handgun, and worst with my 44mag. I wouldn't want either because they are at the far ends of the spectrum. I had to go with the most powerful handgun that the weakest link (wife) could handle. Not trying to insult her, but she's not going to hit squat with a 45 as much as I wish she could.

Good idea. It's just exactly the way I'd do it today.:rockwoot:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Anyone want to go visit the graves of dead World War II soldiers and tell them that 9mm is an effective anemic round?

You mischaracterize the argument. Everyone knows a 9mm can get the job done. There are just several much better options. I do consider it marginal though.

Jack's .22 argument works here too. Do you want to tell anyone who has been killed by a .22lr that it isn't a wise choice for a defensive caliber? Would you advocate .22lr rifle as a primary choice based solely on the fact that it has killed before? Most people have a line where they will only consider calibers of at least a certain size and power. For many 9mm falls below that line.

bladehunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    9mm sucks

I agree with the earlier post. Any volunteers for my HK P7? I bet one shot, 3 max if you are in shape and run fast.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    When I fire my 9mm, it makes a loud bang, recoils pretty good, leaves nice holes in the target, and rips the hell out of the dirt behind it. I don't think anyone would be too crazy about taking a shot from it.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    There where cases during Vietnam, of our Soldiers unloading full mags of .45 into VC. The VC would finally drop dead at the Soldiers feet. Now yes a lot of them where doped up on opium. Still goes to show, that even 8 shots of .45 point blank range is not a guarantee. There are a lot of factors. That's why you train to shoot center mass. Then you have a better chance of hitting vital organs. You do not shoot to wound, you shoot to stop the threat. Yes shooting paper, and shooting a real life threat is much different. However, you have to have the mindset of me or them! So carry what you are comfortable with. What you shoot the most accurately with. Rather if it's a .380, or a .45. A gun you can not hit **** with is useless, no matter if it's a .44 mag.

:D:popcorn:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I agree with the earlier post. Any volunteers for my HK P7? I bet one shot, 3 max if you are in shape and run fast.

:n00b: Yes, because the fact that people generally dislike being shot proves the effectiveness on 9mm.

When I fire my 9mm, it makes a loud bang, recoils pretty good, leaves nice holes in the target, and rips the hell out of the dirt behind it. I don't think anyone would be too crazy about taking a shot from it.

I'm not too crazy about being shot by a potato cannon but I wouldn't trust one for self defense. The same is true for your scenario.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    Read the second article, the one pathologist said the human body can actually survive many bullet wounds. Also I did not see them mention drugs. If he was jacked up on some ****. Especially heroin which is a pain killer. Then the body is not going to react, as if the system was clean of foreign substances. If you think that 9mm sucks. Take your chances then, and volunteer to be shot 21 times. My :twocents:

Thats exactly what I was thinking , I bet he was higher than a kite on something. I wouldn't want someone shooting at me with anything.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    9mm is my goto round for self defense guns. I have .357, .38, .380 and .45 which are strictly used for range shooting only. All 3 of my current carry guns are in 9mm as will be any future ones as well.

hoosiervette

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Isn't a 380 basicly a short 38 caliber or not?

Not in new Yonkers! It's the guns fault!

Not a fan of the 9mm in anything, just not enough knock down power. But isn't the 380 basicly a short 38?

Not an expert in anything but switch between a 45 caliiber stainless Colt combat commander and S&W Sigma 40 caliber, like the 14+1 round capacity of this one, with an extra clip give me all the ammo :shoot: you should need for about any circumstances :yesway:

Bill :patriot:

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I am sure if they recovered them in him, they were hollow points. FMJ would most likely zip through him and since this isn't 1930 I am pretty sure there isn't a law enforcement agency that still issues FMJ or ball ammo to officers. FMJ's or ball ammo is more for targets and military.

Top Bottom