The 9mm sucks. Man shot 21 times still alive.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The 21 hits of 50 shots someone mentioned as being bad shooting or words to that effect yet it is much higher hit ratio than the national average of police shootings which 15%. The 21 hits of 50 shots is 42% hits.

So sad but true. It is a difficult task indeed though to fire back well when one is being fired upon.

Terry

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How is this relevant? I think there's an active thread here right now about felons with guns and shooting. Several posts in there with hardly any rebuttal about how once they've served their time they should have their guns back like any one else.

I haven't seen the thread you make mention of, but I will have to look for it.

IMO, there is a big difference between someone making (1) mistake and doing whats needed to make things right than a person who has a pattern of not learning from their mistakes. It's relevant because it will probably be the deciding factor I would use to determine if I would stand with them on their quest to have their rights restored or not.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    What blows my mind is when I read the article and saw the picture of the guy. The caption reads "Shooting victim". How in the heck is this guy a victim? If anything it should say something to the effect of dumbarse that shot at cops.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Back in the day I used to have a magazine article on my wall that I often looked at before going on duty. It had six brief stories, three on each page opposite one another. The three on the left were about people taking multiple hits and surviving. One guy took five hits to the body with a .44 and one hit to the hand and still managed to drive himself to the hospital. The three stories on the right were about people who took minor injuries, panicked and lost their lives. The one of those that I recall most was a guy who was hit in the crook of his elbow with a .22, panicked, went into shock and bled to death.

I can personally recall seeing a big, muscular guy shot dead by a single round from a .380 and also seeing an elderly man shot several times in the chest by a .380. The elderly guy was in the process of choking the shooter when we arrived.

I would say its shot placement first and mental attitude a close second.

I agree about the mental attitude, or fight for survival. It was always preached to us, as part of our LE training. If you give up mentally, your body will shut down. No matter if it's from being shot, or fighting a disease. Not saying that mental attitude will always keep someone alive, but it is important. I also believe though, that when your time is up, there is nothing you can do about it.

Last edited:

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I tell all my friends that give me a hard time for having 9mm and 380 " While you guys sit there and argue caliber, I'll do some shooting. " The guy shot in this case was not a victim.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The 21 hits of 50 shots someone mentioned as being bad shooting or words to that effect yet it is much higher hit ratio than the national average of police shootings which 15%. The 21 hits of 50 shots is 42% hits.

So sad but true. It is a difficult task indeed though to fire back well when one is being fired upon.

Terry

yep there was a lot of very poor shooting going on there. but we see that a lot with police shootings as you mentioned. lack of training? lack of mental preparedness? i think its both. when i pull that trigger, I know where my rounds are gonna impact, and if i dont, then i dont pull the trigger in a self defense situation. i wish more people/officers would remember that every bullet WILL impact somewhere and is potentialy fatal or destructive. If 50 rounds were fired on one man then i think thats very **** poor police work. If i fired even a full magazine in self defense, i would be ridiculed and flamed by the media.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I haven't seen the thread you make mention of, but I will have to look for it.

IMO, there is a big difference between someone making (1) mistake and doing whats needed to make things right than a person who has a pattern of not learning from their mistakes. It's relevant because it will probably be the deciding factor I would use to determine if I would stand with them on their quest to have their rights restored or not.

It's not relevant at all until you know it. As a police officer entering a private residence full of people, party, and fight, then there's one man shot and another holding a gun he doesn't know who has a felonie and who doesn't or who was pointing a gun at who before they were shot.

That felons with guns topic comes up about ever month or so here. Felons with guns, can I get a permit with a felon, felons with black powder guns, blah blah blah

Here's a few from just the first search attempt...
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...1004-class_d_felony_will_it_stop_an_ltch.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...1004-class_d_felony_will_it_stop_an_ltch.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/the_2nd_amendment/76008-felons_rights.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/54802-felony_question.html
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upsho...rlem-man-survives-being-shot-21-times-by-nypd

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I'll bet a guy shot in the head with a 22, is just as dead as the guy who got shot
    with a 45.
    He would be much nicer looking for the funeral to!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I'll bet a guy shot in the head with a 22, is just as dead as the guy who got shot
    with a 45.
    He would be much nicer looking for the funeral to!

If he's dead then he is.

Have you ever shot anything bigger than a squirrel in the head with a 22?

Any human being with a gun is not some one I'd want to be shooting in the head with a 22 by choice even if I had the dead nutz drop on him from behind. Even if he only had a 22 also, I don't want to get shot with a 22 either.

If a guy had his 22 out in his hand and started shooting people I wouldn't hesitate to draw a 45 from my pocket and test this theory though. People think the fastest draw, first shot is most important.

I think the last shot is the money shot. I want to shoot the last shot in any gun fight, even better if it happens to be the first but last is best.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    His daughter was beat up by her boyfriend. She went to her father's home and her boyfriend followed her there. Dad met him at the door and the boyfriend shot him several times. Dad came out grabbed the boyfriend and had him down in the flower bed when we showed up.

Officially my hero. Give this man a medal.

dooleydclown

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Somewhere between Indy and Carmel
    Why the police in my home town carried shotguns in the front seat of all cars.
    12 gauge at fairly close range is not going to require 50rounds to stop about anyone. But this happened in New York City! We all know how the mayor (who shall remain unnamed I don't want to give him any publicity. :twocents:

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    His daughter was beat up by her boyfriend. She went to her father's home and her boyfriend followed her there. Dad met him at the door and the boyfriend shot him several times. Dad came out grabbed the boyfriend and had him down in the flower bed when we showed up.

Yes, this old man is my hero also. I have two daughters as well as a wife, I only hope in the event of trouble that I could act as honorable. Take the hits and still try to plant him in the flower bed!!!! :rockwoot::rockwoot:Except I hope that I can just :draw:.

Top Bottom