Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Putin also said he’d like to work with Joe Biden, and that the Democrats remind him of the old communist party. So before anyone goes “see! I told you,” and I get in trouble for pointing out the obvious. Putin obviously thinks people willing to believe that are idiots, and I imagine he thinks most Americans actually are idiots because he’s the smartest working political mind on the planet, and if he actually did want Biden to win, there no way in hell he’d compare them to the old communist party. He understands the power of that word in America.
    Richard Spenser, while not Putin, probably has the same motives. And I fully expect Biden to disavow him when he’s asked by reporters.
    Did you read the article?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Putin also said he’d like to work with Joe Biden, and that the Democrats remind him of the old communist party. So before anyone goes “see! I told you,” and I get in trouble for pointing out the obvious. Putin obviously thinks people willing to believe that are idiots, and I imagine he thinks most Americans actually are idiots because he’s the smartest working political mind on the planet, and if he actually did want Biden to win, there no way in hell he’d compare them to the old communist party. He understands the power of that word in America.
    Richard Spenser, while not Putin, probably has the same motives. And I fully expect Biden to disavow him when he’s asked by reporters.

Remove your tinfoil hat. Richard Spencer is mad that Trump is working to assist minorities, and not assist white people. He's mad that Trump openly denounced white nationalism.
    Biden promotes a lot of campaign goals that appeal to the white supremacists. Especially based on his historical record. Abortion is a rather big deal to white supremacists, it may not be for the same reason as democrats support it, but they support it none the less.

You seem to not realize that a large amount of people see a lot of these handout deals for what they actually are, a way to control and oppress minorities.

Just because people you don't like support the same candidate as you do, does not mean they are in it for nefarious reasons.

Unlike the membership here who think they know how to do it, Putin actually knows how to play 3D Chess. I can’t image how good he must be at Dabo.

I'd have agreed awhile back, but Putin has been in power for too long and has become lazy. He sits back and laughs as his comments are weaponized to foment division in the US, he laughs at the riots, he laughs at BLM, and he simply eggs on what democrats started.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Is this because Trump wasn't going to dance to their tune when they changed the format to remote, without consulting the campaigns?
    This. It seems that the commission chose to cancel the debate because Trump would'nt capitulate to their format change which Biden favored.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    This. It seems that the commission chose to cancel the debate because Trump would'nt capitulate to their format change which Biden favored.
    Why should Trump, or any politician, step into a debate where the moderator is clearly biased, and the format has been changed to give your opponent the advantage?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

It makes complete sense. Why wouldn't a white supremacist support the party with a large subset of supporters actively pushing and advocating for a return to segregation?

What this really boils down to is that what Archbishop Vigano has recently said is completely correct.
    You can pick the fly specks out of the political pepper til the cows come home but the right thing to do is to resist evil.

Ephesians 6:12 - "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's been interesting watching big/social media devolve into one of those demons of the past that they have railed against for a long time, like watching Dan Rather devolve into Nixon only on a grand scale. Where is a new Joe Welch when we need him?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Biden still dodging the question on packing SCOTUS, and seeming to forget which state he is in

[video=youtube;qhUf7YFOm7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhUf7YFOm7s[/video]

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Ephesians 6:12 - "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Yes indeed. There must be a Prince of DC just like there's a Prince of Persia.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The moderator for the 3rd debate has deactivated her Twitter :):

Ej7GDYpWsAEiX9m

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Mr. Biden was just asked by a reporter about packing the court.
    His reply, that the voters don't deserve to know.

A lot of commentary out there.
    I grabbed a video that mostly sticks to just a video of the quote.

[video=youtube_share;ueO2KwKhPHk]https://youtu.be/ueO2KwKhPHk[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Keith Olbermann thinks Pres. Trump, and his supporters should be prosecuted and removed from society.
    Well, that doesn't exactly convince me to give up my guns.

[video=youtube_share;vHCeKtEzkkQ]https://youtu.be/vHCeKtEzkkQ[/video]

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    How does one get to be chosen as a debate moderator? If these three were truly the least biased, and most objective choices, then we need a better system. Right now I'd be in favor of the VP and potential VP asking the questions. At least then we should have a level playing field in terms of bias. Or have a moderator ask each candidate questions the other candidate has prepared.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How does one get to be chosen as a debate moderator? If these three were truly the least biased, and most objective choices, then we need a better system. Right now I'd be in favor of the VP and potential VP asking the questions. At least then we should have a level playing field in terms of bias. Or have a moderator ask each candidate questions the other candidate has prepared.
    Oh, they could ask each other questions. Now that would be entertaining

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh, they could ask each other questions. Now that would be entertaining

Now you are back to my proposal of last week.

Candidate 1 has 2,minutes to ask a question or make an allegation. Mike off

Candidate 2 has 3 minutes to respond. Mike off

Candidate 2,has 2 minutes to ask a question or make an allegation. Mike off

Candidate 1 has 3 minutes to respond. Mike off

There would be 18 exchanges in 90 minutes. Candidates must demonstrate management skill of their time and control of emotions. They would be allowed to say what they want and choose how to frame questions and allegations.

For instance Trump could ask about packing the court all of his times if he wanted and Biden could answer he likes the way the girl in the front row smells all of his times. Detractors would say "but we didn't get I sight into issues", are we getting that now? Are those exchanges not enlightening? If this format were adopted all down the line we could see progression of candidates...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom