• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Now you are back to my proposal of last week.

Candidate 1 has 2,minutes to ask a question or make an allegation. Mike off

Candidate 2 has 3 minutes to respond. Mike off

Candidate 2,has 2 minutes to ask a question or make an allegation. Mike off

Candidate 1 has 3 minutes to respond. Mike off

There would be 18 exchanges in 90 minutes. Candidates must demonstrate management skill of their time and control of emotions. They would be allowed to say what they want and choose how to frame questions and allegations.

For instance Trump could ask about packing the court all of his times if he wanted and Biden could answer he likes the way the girl in the front row smells all of his times. Detractors would say "but we didn't get I sight into issues", are we getting that now? Are those exchanges not enlightening? If this format were adopted all down the line we could see progression of candidates...

I would certainly watch that.

I'm not sure it would do anything to change my mind, though. I think I'd probably just use it as an opportunity to reinforce my preexisting views on these two candidates. My decision isn't based on the perceived upsides of my chosen candidate, but rather the the perceived downsides of the incumbent candidate. A debate is little more than entertainment to me, at least at this point.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would certainly watch that.

I'm not sure it would do anything to change my mind, though. I think I'd probably just use it as an opportunity to reinforce my preexisting views on these two candidates. My decision isn't based on the perceived upsides of my chosen candidate, but rather the the perceived downsides of the incumbent candidate. A debate is little more than entertainment to me, at least at this point.
    Sounds like your choice doesn't factor in anything about the challenger in this election (Biden) Only your disfavor with the incumbent. (Trump)

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like your choice doesn't factor in anything about the challenger in this election (Biden) Only your disfavor with the incumbent. (Trump)

I would say that is mostly true. It isn't that I'm not aware of Biden's negatives...it's that I see -on balance- more negative with another Trump term.

I have a rather poor view of the federal government overall. I think we have enough government to meet the needs of the citizenry without it, and where a collection of state government falls short, I really don't think we need the current federal largess to bridge the gap. I have a hard time seeing the good that Trump brings...those of that were on INGO in the Obama administration may remember that I had a hard time seeing the good that he supposedly brought as well. I have a hard time seeing the good in large government, in general.

I know that may seem inconsistent coming from someone voting for Biden, unless you consider things from a position of damage control...when each party only brings its worst it makes sense to limit the amount of time that any particular group can do damage to my liberty.

Trump has completely worn out the republican's welcome for me.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would say that is mostly true. It isn't that I'm not aware of Biden's negatives...it's that I see -on balance- more negative with another Trump term.

I have a rather poor view of the federal government overall. I think we have enough government to meet the needs of the citizenry without it, and where a collection of state government falls short, I really don't think we need the current federal largess to bridge the gap. I have a hard time seeing the good that Trump brings...those of that were on INGO in the Obama administration may remember that I had a hard time seeing the good that he supposedly brought as well. I have a hard time seeing the good in large government, in general.

I know that may seem inconsistent coming from someone voting for Biden, unless you consider things from a position of damage control...when each party only brings its worst it makes sense to limit the amount of time that any particular group can do damage to my liberty.

Trump has completely worn out the republican's welcome for me.
    I appreciate that response. I would just like to ask if it was always about not voting for Trump no matter who the opposing Democrat candidate was? It seems like your mind was already made up before this election primary campaign even began and it didn’t matter.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    If a different RNC candidate had been elected president last time there still would not be a choice except to vote against the greater evil. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who call evil good and good evil.
    Hey, wasn't that in some old book?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I appreciate that response. I would just like to ask if it was always about not voting for Trump no matter who the opposing Democrat candidate was? It seems like your mind was already made up before this election primary campaign even began and it didn’t matter.

In typical PaulF fashion I don't have a straight answer to that question.

I was opposed to Trump from the very beginning, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for Clinton. The same would have been true this election...I still would not have been able to pull the lever for her. I would have to sit this one out again, or throw my vote away on JoJo.

I don't share much in common with republicans ideologically. I'm pro-gun, but more as a side-effect of my driving value: individual liberty. Stuffing the courts full of Heritage Foundation-approved judges MIGHT work out for our 2A rights, but it might also mean a bunch of Citizens United-type decisions that only favor the Crony status quo, so that doesn't read as much of a positive in my book.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    In typical PaulF fashion I don't have a straight answer to that question.

I was opposed to Trump from the very beginning, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for Clinton. The same would have been true this election...I still would not have been able to pull the lever for her. I would have to sit this one out again, or throw my vote away on JoJo.

I don't share much in common with republicans ideologically. I'm pro-gun, but more as a side-effect of my driving value: individual liberty. Stuffing the courts full of Heritage Foundation-approved judges MIGHT work out for our 2A rights, but it might also mean a bunch of Citizens United-type decisions that only favor the Crony status quo, so that doesn't read as much of a positive in my book.

If you compare Hillary's 2016 platform to Biden's 2020 platform, Biden is significantly more radical.

You may think that's hyperbole, but go look and compare. It's flat out true.

A lot of folks on INGO simply refuse to take the candidate at their word on their platform and project their own desires onto said candidate.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Just another "divisive" post where I'm expecting Nazi references in response...

From an e-mail I received:

That moment when someone says, “I can’t believe you would vote for Trump”

I simply reply “I’m not voting for Trump.”

I’m voting for the First Amendment and freedom of speech.

I’m voting for the Second Amendment and my right to defend my life and my family.

I’m voting for the next Supreme Court Justice(s) to protect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I’m voting for the continued growth of my retirement investments and the stock market.

I’m voting for an end to America’s involvement in foreign conflicts.

I’m voting for the Electoral College & the Republic we live in.

I’m voting for the Police to be respected once again and to ensure Law & Order.

I’m voting for the continued appointment of Federal Judges who respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I’m voting for our jobs to remain in America and not be outsourced all over again to China, Mexico and other foreign countries.

I’m voting for secure borders and legal immigration.

I’m voting for the Military & the Veterans who fought for this Country to give the American people their freedoms.

I’m voting for the unborn babies that have a right to live.

I’m voting for continued peace progress in the middle east.

I’m voting to fight against human/child trafficking.

I’m voting for Freedom of Religion.

I’m voting for the American Flag that is disrespected by the “mob.”

I’m voting for the right to speak my opinion & not be censored.

I’m not just voting for one person, I’m voting for the future of my Country.

I’m voting for my children and my grandchildren to ensure their freedoms and their future.

What are you voting for?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don’t think that’s what I’m getting when I vote for Trump. What I think I’m voting for is not bat****opia. The world progressives like Joe Biden propose is exactly what California is. A place that people flee, because it’s an unlivable state. It’s obviously bat****opia. I want no part of that. So I’ll vote for the wannabe ***** grabber over the wannabe kid ****er. The latter, though the former isn’t all that great, is obviously worse.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I'll have to disagree with Jamil in part. Voting for all of the above. A Trump administration IMO is the closest one that represents all of that. I'm not voting based on a twitter sideshow.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don’t think that’s what I’m getting when I vote for Trump. What I think I’m voting for is not bat****opia. The world progressives like Joe Biden propose is exactly what California is. A place that people flee, because it’s an unlivable state. It’s obviously bat****opia. I want no part of that. So I’ll vote for the wannabe ***** grabber over the wannabe kid ****er. The latter, though the former isn’t all that great, is obviously worse.
    Just to clarify what I disagree with here and that's your first line. IMO I feel that a Trump administration is the closest one that represents all of the reasons that are important to me that were outlined in the email that Phase2 re-posted. Other than that I do agree with your reasoning as well so I guess in that respect my vote is twofold in favor of Trump.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I am now to be called The Foszoe to distinguish myself.

4i8j9v.jpg

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Unlike the membership here who think they know how to do it, Putin actually knows how to play 3D Chess. I can’t image how good he must be at Dabo.

Well, Putin certainly knows how to rile up the American left. If there's anything a Russian Communist knows how to use, it's the useful idiots.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom