jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This.

Although, DJT did urge them to take on the task of doing so. ATF needs power stripped away, they shouldn’t be able to make those decisions imo.

That's not true. Trump didn't just urge them. He signed a memo directing the DOJ to propose regulations to ban them. We went through this **** the last time ardent Trumpers refused to believe Trump could possibly do such a thing. He did. But it's okay. You can still like Trump even when he's tarnished.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It was a memorandum to DOJ instructing them to ban bump stocks. The result of that was the ATF's actions. Trump ordered it.

That's kind of an EO through a different turn of words.

The executive ordered them to ban them.

I'd still much rather fight a rule change that doesn't have solid footing rather than congressional legislation.
    It's much easier to argue autocratic impropriety than it is for elected representatives passing legislation with a majority of congress.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Looks like doxing prevention. In fact, that's what Twitter says it is.

OTOH, the butthead who won't remove the addresses is just being a dick.

“Twitter has now responded back to me to say that you can delete the photo and the tweet and repost it after you black out their address. Well, I’m not doing that because I have permission, and they have no right to ask me to do that.”

Well, they do have a right to make policies around stuff. Of course we'd like to see those policies enforced uniformly, which often they aren't. Lot's of blue-checks have doxxed people and Twitter was fine with that. However. This guy is indeed being a dick. It looks an awful lot like falling on his sword after making sure people are watching.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's kind of an EO through a different turn of words.

The executive ordered them to ban them.

I'd still much rather fight a rule change that doesn't have solid footing rather than congressional legislation.
    It's much easier to argue autocratic impropriety than it is for elected representatives passing legislation with a majority of congress.

Yeah. It's an order directed to someone in government by the President. It just doesn't show up on the list of official executive orders. It doesn't have an EO number. But still the President ordered it. And we weren't in any big danger of legislation. Unless you think Trump would be so inept that he'd sign the legislation even if they could get it through the House and Senate, both controlled by Republicans.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Posted this last night. Was hoping trump would comment about it, but nothing yet. Now there saying his account was hacked. Ya, of course it was. If it was hacked, and that’s a big if, what info did the hacker see? Seems the fbi should be investigating this and pulling all their messages... but fbi lost all its credibility
    C-SPAN issued a statement though: https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1314598620658831360

Ej5kdgxWsAE_pz4

The devious hacker must have hacked Scaramucci's Twitter too, to get him to respond.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    More ballot shenanigans? https://apnews.com/article/election...ng-2020-ohio-d665e60e4b15a3898901e1767e6fa449

"COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Nearly 50,000 voters received incorrect absentee ballots in the county that is home to Ohio’s capital, elections officials said Friday as they promised corrected ballots would be mailed within 72 hours.

With about 240,000 ballots mailed, that meant one in five voters received a wrong ballot. The error happened Saturday afternoon when someone changed a setting on a machine that places absentee ballots into mailing envelopes, Franklin County elections officials said Thursday.

Some ballots had an incorrect congressional race, while others had the correct information but were sent to voters in a different precinct. The Franklin County Elections Board said 49,669 voters received incorrect ballots out of 237,498 that were mailed. . .

The elections board said multiple checks are in place to ensure only one voter can cast a ballot, including rejecting any replacement ballots if someone went ahead and voted in person."

So, around 21% of the ballots for this area were incorrect.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    More ballot shenanigans? https://apnews.com/article/election...ng-2020-ohio-d665e60e4b15a3898901e1767e6fa449

"COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Nearly 50,000 voters received incorrect absentee ballots in the county that is home to Ohio’s capital, elections officials said Friday as they promised corrected ballots would be mailed within 72 hours.

With about 240,000 ballots mailed, that meant one in five voters received a wrong ballot. The error happened Saturday afternoon when someone changed a setting on a machine that places absentee ballots into mailing envelopes, Franklin County elections officials said Thursday.

Some ballots had an incorrect congressional race, while others had the correct information but were sent to voters in a different precinct. The Franklin County Elections Board said 49,669 voters received incorrect ballots out of 237,498 that were mailed. . .

The elections board said multiple checks are in place to ensure only one voter can cast a ballot, including rejecting any replacement ballots if someone went ahead and voted in person."

So, around 21% of the ballots for this area were incorrect.

Apparently they had the Buckeyes football team distribute the ballots.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    That's not true. Trump didn't just urge them. He signed a memo directing the DOJ to propose regulations to ban them. We went through this **** the last time ardent Trumpers refused to believe Trump could possibly do such a thing. He did. But it's okay. You can still like Trump even when he's tarnished.

Do you have a link to the memorandum? I dont recall that. I remember Trump saying "We should take a look at them," or something similar, but do not recall a memorandum directing the ATF to reclassify them.

I'm truly just asking, because I dont recall that, but I most definitely could be wrong. Not trying to stir up any ****

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    [video=youtube;JH-kfLyySNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH-kfLyySNw[/video]

Keith Olbermann thinks Trump is a terrorist who must be "expunged"and "devoured", and he wants the following people to be prosecuted, convicted, and removed from society:
    - Trump
    - Pence
    - Barr
    - Lee
    - Hannity
    - Gulianni
    - ACB
    - Rittenhouse
    - any Trump supporters (also referred to as MAGAts - get it, maggots)

Of course, there is no actual crime that they are being accused of.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Putin also said he’d like to work with Joe Biden, and that the Democrats remind him of the old communist party. So before anyone goes “see! I told you,” and I get in trouble for pointing out the obvious. Putin obviously thinks people willing to believe that are idiots, and I imagine he thinks most Americans actually are idiots because he’s the smartest working political mind on the planet, and if he actually did want Biden to win, there no way in hell he’d compare them to the old communist party. He understands the power of that word in America.
    Richard Spenser, while not Putin, probably has the same motives. And I fully expect Biden to disavow him when he’s asked by reporters.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    LOL, Right. If he said trump the left would have shot their wad, but since it’s joe.... “it’s cool, just Putin’s political genius at work”

Unlike the membership here who think they know how to do it, Putin actually knows how to play 3D Chess. I can’t image how good he must be at Dabo.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Putin also said he’d like to work with Joe Biden, and that the Democrats remind him of the old communist party. So before anyone goes “see! I told you,” and I get in trouble for pointing out the obvious. Putin obviously thinks people willing to believe that are idiots, and I imagine he thinks most Americans actually are idiots because he’s the smartest working political mind on the planet, and if he actually did want Biden to win, there no way in hell he’d compare them to the old communist party. He understands the power of that word in America.
    Richard Spenser, while not Putin, probably has the same motives. And I fully expect Biden to disavow him when he’s asked by reporters.

Haven’t you heard? Disavowing isn’t good enough. Trump has disavowed and denounced white supremacists literally dozens of times and it’s still a Democrat talking point that he won’t disavow white supremacy....

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    What this really boils down to is that what Archbishop Vigano has recently said is completely correct.
    You can pick the fly specks out of the political pepper til the cows come home but the right thing to do is to resist evil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom