• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, Putin certainly knows how to rile up the American left. If there's anything a Russian Communist knows how to use, it's the useful idiots.
    This is how he interferes. Pitting party against party without any shots being fired while he sits back and laughs.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Democrat COVID Hysteria BACKFIRES As Dem Voters Are Too Scared To Vote And Mailed Votes Get REJECTED

[video=youtube;pjqFBpWb670]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjqFBpWb670[/video]

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Democrat COVID Hysteria BACKFIRES As Dem Voters Are Too Scared To Vote And Mailed Votes Get REJECTED

[video=youtube;pjqFBpWb670]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjqFBpWb670[/video]

This election will be decided in court...

There's no ****ing way this election goes by normally.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well Jim Acosta, the chief White House [STRIKE]correspondent[/STRIKE] ********** knows a thing or two about sucking.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Plato-vs-Aristotle is very close to the dichotomy proposed by Thomas Sowell in his book, A Conflict of Visions: Ideological Origins of Political Struggles. He presents two distinct views of the nature of humans. The dichotomy is the constrained vs unconstrained vision of human nature. The unconstrained view, sees human nature as very changeable. In short it's kind of like the clean slate theory of psychology where humans' nature is primarily derived from experience, and is thus quite malleable. The constrained view sees human nature as essentially unchanging, or maybe it's better to say, less changeable--we still pass on the traits of our ancestors but new traits evolve over time. The Platonic viewpoint is most comparable with the unconstrained vision, and the Aristotelian view is most comparable with the constrained view.

It is still Trump vs Biden though. That's where the philosophical theories meets the reality of our circumstances. Trump isn't Aristotelian. He's just a pragmatically minded guy who's not particularly well bred. By that I mean he's not high brow. I don't really see any underlying ideology other than his personal temperamental proclivities. He has a sense of law and order, and tends to make him authoritarian. Biden, I don't think is actually all that ideological either. What he most gives a **** about is the power he gets from the side he chose. But he could have chosen the other side to get power from them because they have their chamber-o-commerce establishment Republicans, who's primary goal is to maintain establishment power, and the pecking order that stands in line for their turn to wield it. But it's true enough that both Trump and Biden are the leaders of their Parties, and so many of their supporters are ideological supporters who find the most compatibility with their respective ideologies with those candidates. A Neo Nazi will find some overlap with Republicans. A Neo Marxist will find some overlap with Democrats. Well, these days an extreme overlap with Democrats. So those parties do represent to a fair extent the Platonic/unconstrained view vs the Aristotelian/constrained view. So the article is interesting but not completely informative on the state of politics.

The main reason why it's still Trump vs Biden and not Plato vs Aristotle, is that this election is a referendum on Trump's character. Almost no one is voting FOR Biden. Except maybe Alpo. Everyone else who is checking the Biden box is voting primarily NOT Trump. The middle majority don't really give a **** about Aristotle or Plato or constrained or unconstrained. CNN tells people at airports every day how evil and racist Trump and his supporters are. It's a revolution where ideology isn't at much at stake as power. But CNN retells the story as democracy itself is at stake because Trump will end Democracy on November 4th if he retains office.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Distributing the truth is "BAD"

[video=youtube;ZegrMukB9EE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZegrMukB9EE[/video]

I may be in the minority here, but I kind of understand the context of what Biden was trying to say with this comment. I don't think it was racist and I don't think he was saying black women can only be shelf stockers.

Yes there is a double standard and if Trump had said this the media would try and crucify him. And his supporters, me included, would all sit back and say they were taking the comments out of context. In that vein, I will call out this criticism from conservative media for what it is, nonsense. IMHO it's gotcha media fake outrage, pure and simple.

Yeah, I get the idea that the leftist media set the rules and we're just playing by them, but that's what got is where we are today. There are plenty of legitimate things to criticize Biden for, this is not one of them. I would say the exact same thing about Trump.

I'm just so sick of the inconsistency and the hypocrisy. If we would defend "our guy" if the situation were reversed, we shouldn't attack the "other guy" for it. It's just so silly.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I may be in the minority here, but I kind of understand the context of what Biden was trying to say with this comment. I don't think it was racist and I don't think he was saying black women can only be shelf stockers.

Yes there is a double standard and if Trump had said this the media would try and crucify him. And his supporters, me included, would all sit back and say they were taking the comments out of context. In that vein, I will call out this criticism from conservative media for what it is, nonsense. IMHO it's gotcha media fake outrage, pure and simple.

Yeah, I get the idea that the leftist media set the rules and we're just playing by them, but that's what got is where we are today. There are plenty of legitimate things to criticize Biden for, this is not one of them. I would say the exact same thing about Trump.

I'm just so sick of the inconsistency and the hypocrisy. If we would defend "our guy" if the situation were reversed, we shouldn't attack the "other guy" for it. It's just so silly.

Conservative media exists to get clicks, just like the MSM, unfortunately, this is the standard to get said clicks and one side cannot unilaterally lay down or there would be no conservative media...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

d15d498c06345a8dad51ede946f19819.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom