Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Gun Control isn't a politician, and I don't support it. So, a rather poor example overall.

I get what you are saying, you think I'm making the wrong choice. Through your view I likely am, but please understand that from my view there is no right choice, only choices that limit liberties I hold sacred.

I will be voting for a politician that supports gun control...and so will you. The only difference is you have convinced yourself that yours doesn't.

His record shows otherwise. In unbiased terms, you and I are less free to pursue happiness (in terms of this hobby) than we were eight years ago.

Gun owners actually put up a fight when a Democrat threatens action against guns. When a republican administration takes action against those same people fall all over themselves to explain it away.
    You’ve convinced yourself that they’re equal evils on gun control. They’re far from it.

nightgaunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Rural St Joe County
    China virus wasn’t a secret in June, it was literally during a lockdown. So to say this didn’t come up in June in discussions when agreeing is asinine.

Experts are saying he’s testing negative and cleared, so what has changed? He’s the same health he was when they had the 1st debate... if not, better, because now you don’t have to wonder if he has it. You know he’s had it and it’s gone. Unless, of course, they don’t trust the science and the experts. Which is it?

If Biden wants to debate like normal, it seems they wouldn’t be supporting the commissions decision to change. Seems they would agree with trump and say let’s do it, as was already agreed, in person on the 15th.
    Who stated he is testing negative? Check your source if you have one. But the last time we know he had a negative test was May 21st via a tweet. He even returned to the Oval office despite recommendations from doctors. He broke his own quarantine without testing negative. So much for listening to experts

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Who stated he is testing negative? Check your source if you have one. But the last time we know he had a negative test was May 21st via a tweet. He even returned to the Oval office despite recommendations from doctors. He broke his own quarantine without testing negative. So much for listening to experts
    :rolleyes:

Ok. You’re right. You win. Go to bed.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Because of the behavior of Trump and the Republicans over the last three years - especially in regards to guns.
    LOL. Funny. Democrats are bailing out rioters and cheering them on, but the behavior of trump and republicans.

Oh, and what a gem, I don’t like his policies in regards to guns so I’m going to vote for the guy calling to ban guns.

LMFAO. It’s too late for this ****

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    :scratch:

Ironic isn’t it?

Only if you don't understand irony.

I'll explain.

The first quote was in reference to the idol-level reverence afforded too many modern politicians. In my view all men are flawed, and none are worthy of worship.

The second quote was edited by you to illustrate your grasp of irony...supposedly at my expense...just three posts after accusing me of insulting you.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I'll explain.

Um, please don’t mansplain to me.

Maybe you don’t view it as an insult to imply someone is worshipping a president like a religious God, but to those of us who are religious it’s an insult to not only our faith, but our political beliefs. You aren’t making an argument when you said it, you provided no factual evidence of anything, you just implied that he’s my God.

So maybe you don’t see the irony in accusing someone of performing mental gymnastics to support a candidate, and in the very next comment coming up with 5 excuses that are against your values but still voting for a candidate... but I do.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    LOL. Funny. Democrats are bailing out rioters and cheering them on, but the behavior of trump and republicans.

Oh, and what a gem, I don’t like his policies in regards to guns so I’m going to vote for the guy calling to ban guns.

LMFAO. It’s too late for this ****

Nah...I'm going to throw away my vote on a candidate who gets zero electoral votes, cementing Biden's victory...then when Biden signs an AW ban into law, spend the next 8 years stating "I didn't vote for this."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Gun Control isn't a politician, and I don't support it. So, a rather poor example overall.
    .......I will be voting for a politician that supports gun control...and so will you. The only difference is you have convinced yourself that yours doesn't. ....

Democrats NATIONAL stated platform IS gun control/restriction/removal...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And the same people who will say that Trump called the virus "a hoax" will ignore that he said it was "their hoax", but more than that, they ignore that less than 30 seconds later he announced the creation of a task force to coordinate a response to the pandemic, and promised a robust response. Hardly the actions of someone convinced that they are facing a hoax.

But facts be damned, the narrative must endure.

Even better, at that time, what was Biden and others calling for?
    They said Pres. Trump was jumping at his shadows, there was nothing to do.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Nah...I'm going to throw away my vote on a candidate who gets zero electoral votes, cementing Biden's victory...then when Biden signs an AW ban into law, spend the next 8 years stating "I didn't vote for this."

:yesway:

Most people don’t even know who the 3rd party candidate is. My wife had no idea who it was. I wish 3rd party could gain momentum and break up the 2 party system by adding competition, but it’s a wasted vote and it’ll never happen.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So, this is the next debate moderator tweeting to Anthony scaramucci asking him if he should respond to trump. The debate moderator is asking a democrat if he should respond to the POTUS? If some of you are ok with voting for corruption, fine, don’t expect me to defend you when the time comes.
    Scaramucci posted that tweet on his page with the comment “ignore. He is having a hard enough time. Some more bad stuff about to go down”

Hmmmmm?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I will be voting for a politician that supports gun control.

You don't understand the consequences that extend far beyond Trump. You're playing mental gymnastics out of some narcissistic fantasy that you're better than everyone else.

Yes, both options are not perfect choices. However, one option decides the direction of the supreme court, and all the federal courts in the country. It also plays a gigantic role in determining senate control.

You may get the fight you want, how ever, when you go to challenge that legislation, you will have lost control of the courts and your only option will be the bullet box. Don't go down that path, especially intentionally.

If your bound and determined to go down that path, go do it yourself and don't drag the rest of us down with you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You don't understand the consequences that extend far beyond Trump. You're playing mental gymnastics out of some narcissistic fantasy that you're better than everyone else.

Yes, both options are not perfect choices. However, one option decides the direction of the supreme court, and all the federal courts in the country. It also plays a gigantic role in determining senate control.

You may get the fight you want, how ever, when you go to challenge that legislation, you will have lost control of the courts and your only option will be the bullet box. Don't go down that path, especially intentionally.

If your bound and determined to go down that path, go do it yourself and don't drag the rest of us down with you.

Absolute truth. And a winner.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You’ve convinced yourself that they’re equal evils on gun control. They’re far from it.

I have convinced myself of no such thing.

It would be one thing if republicans were absolutely steadfast in rhetoric and record in their unwavering support for the 2A...but they're not, they're just better than the democrats. Voting R used to be a no-brainer for me. The 2A, their vocal opposition to deficit spending, and their focus on smaller government/individual liberty were large enough upsides for me vote their way, even knowing they stood in direct opposition to some of my other deeply-held personal values.

In today's world republicans stand mostly for endless war, socially activist judges, and unlimited corporate welfare...even so, they would still get my vote if I trusted them with the 2A. However, I'm not going to gamble away values central to my ideology in the name of the 2A alone if the best I can hope for is "better than the democrats".

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

Thank you for talking down to me and assuming I haven't thought through the consequences. I don't hold republicans and their influence in overall high esteem. A republican paradise sounds nothing short of repulsive to me.

I value separation of church and state. I value bodily autonomy. I value free enterprise. I value the absolutely free movement of people and ideas. I value privacy. I value non-aggression. I value open markets...as such, I value unrestricted access to arms...and I also value unrestricted access to drugs.

The republicans share only one of those values with me and their practical record of supporting that value has been spotty.

Republicans began to lose me with the endless foreign wars, unfunded tax cuts, and crony bailouts. Now with Trump and his administrative back-door gun control there really isn't anything left on the republican agenda to overcome the negatives.

I vote for the candidate that more closely represents my world view. This time it means voting for the guy that openly supports gun control. I really wish I had a better choice.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thank you for talking down to me and assuming I haven't thought through the consequences. I don't hold republicans and their influence in overall high esteem. A republican paradise sounds nothing short of repulsive to me.

I value separation of church and state. I value bodily autonomy. I value free enterprise. I value the absolutely free movement of people and ideas. I value privacy. I value non-aggression. I value open markets...as such, I value unrestricted access to arms...and I also value unrestricted access to drugs.

The republicans share only one of those values with me and their practical record of supporting that value has been spotty.

Republicans began to lose me with the endless foreign wars, unfunded tax cuts, and crony bailouts. Now with Trump and his administrative back-door gun control there really isn't anything left on the republican agenda to overcome the negatives.

I vote for the candidate that more closely represents my world view. This time it means voting for the guy that openly supports gun control. I really wish I had a better choice.

And now democrats are the ones who support these things while republicans have started to have a significant shift away from it.

Mitt Romney still represents that era of the GOP. And you know how most of us feel about him.

With the death of McCain, there isn't much support for the endless war machine left within the republican party. Notice how we walked away from a war with Iran, and backed down on Syria?
    With the significant threat of China, there remains just cause to build our military to prevent a hot war. But cause to keep bullying the middle east seems to be dying down as peace deals have replaced intervention.

I don't think the drug argument is going to go any other way than towards more freedom rather than less. The battle was lost long ago when states started legalizing it. It may be some years before it's federally accepted, but it doesn't matter which party is in control for that, the momentum can't be stopped.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom