• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just read that a 269-269 tie has a marginally higher chance this cycle than most other recent ones. The scenario would have Biden flipping MI and WI (which seems plausible) and AZ (which I believe is within the MOE right now). Assuming no faithless electors in the EC, then the decision gets made by the House, based on state delegations. So, 26 state delegations would decide.

Republicans have 26 state delegations.

But, it would be the new House that makes the decision. So, those races become more interesting.

Yeah, its still a <5% chance of happening, but would totally be a 2020 thing. At this point, would anything really surprise us?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Pelosi floating the "no debates" trial balloon is not surprising.

That Biden is willing to debate Trump reveals how out of touch with reality he is. He's going to get thrashed.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Pelosi floating the "no debates" trial balloon is not surprising.

That Biden is willing to debate Trump reveals how out of touch with reality he is. He's going to get thrashed.
    If Kamala is giving the rebuttal to the RNC they may consider sending her to the debates. That way, if Trump objects, they can try to shift the narrative from Biden to Trump being scared of Kamala.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t know. Whereas the protesters certainly took their cues, I don’t think the rioters are under control of the Democrats. It’s kinda become a self feeding monster.

I think Democrats use the rioters for a purpose, but the rioters likely don't care as much about democrats. They have a revolution to win. If Democrats go along with them, fine, but I think they'd happily call democrats nazis too if they stopped going along with them.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think Democrats use the rioters for a purpose, but the rioters likely don't care as much about democrats. They have a revolution to win. If Democrats go along with them, fine, but I think they'd happily call democrats nazis too if they stopped going along with them.

Protests are useful for political purposes. Riots, not so much.

It has been said here by others that there are legitimate grievances that need to be addressed. I don't think anyone would feel that a business on fire is the way to accentuate the point.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Protests are useful for political purposes. Riots, not so much.

It has been said here by others that there are legitimate grievances that need to be addressed. I don't think anyone would feel that a business on fire is the way to accentuate the point.

Yeah, I've never understood that reasoning. "Police are racist! Let's go burn and loot some private businesses!"

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm wondering what's going to happen when one one of these affected municipalities goes full RJ Daley on groups like BLM/Antifa, etc. Many democrats blamed the loss of the election on Chicago.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008