Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Biden has been a mess since around Obama's second term.

I'd take a strong bet on something medically significant happening to him during that time. Likely a stroke that accelerated his mental decline.
    I've read stories of secret service seeing him on the floor with screaming migraines.

Is it true that Obama said something to the effect that Joe ****s everything up?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Is it true that Obama said something to the effect that Joe ****s everything up?

4de52t.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    [video=youtube_share;fDKUB7I-5fY]http://youtu.be/fDKUB7I-5fY[/video]

“I don’t remember life BT!”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Michael Moore again is warning dems that they are missing the boat and Trump can win and his voters are energized and ready to make a statement to the world...

Add to that Willie Brown who said if dems do not denounce the violence repubs would exploit it to win elections...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Add to that Willie Brown who said if dems do not denounce the violence repubs would exploit it to win elections...
    The real newsworthy thing there for democrat voters is that the Democrat politicians actually won’t denounce violence until it polls poorly. Sad that it should take a focus group to tell Democrats that violent rioting and looting is bad.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It seems media organizations are conditioning the public for a very dangerous election outcome.
    One news outfit is already claiming Trump will get a 42 state landslide, then months later after the mail in votes are counted, the election will flip to Biden winning.

Are they trying to start a civil war? Because that's how you start one. Especially with all the rioting and murders that have taken place already, and likely the bloodbath of campaigning we're about to endure.

This mail in voting **** is too dangerous for the country to survive.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This mail in voting **** is too dangerous for the country to survive.

^^^ And that's a conditioned response put in place by Trump.

Or its not and we can start from a belief that people reach their own conclusions about things.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Or its not and we can start from a belief that people reach their own conclusions about things.

I kinda think that the people who think mail in voting is more prone to cheating have always though it was more prone to cheating. It could be done in a way that is safer, but a lot of states aren't doing that. But then most of those states don't matter because they were never voting red anyway.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Last edited:

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    There's a bunch of ways to do voting securely And remotely. The danger this time isn't the logistics of it -- it doesn't matter who wins if it's below a ~7% spread or something, the other side is going to claim illegitimacy. That, plus the unemployment/wfp rate plus a bunch of major metros being on fire is a bad mix, period.

I think we'll get through it.

Our system has proven shockingly resilient over time. I still don't think this compares to Kennedy/King/Kennedy or the unrest in 92 or, for that matter, the potential for unrest post RR/Waco or the Bonus Army or the spate of bombings in the 60s by SDS/PR Independence/Weathermen or the Civil War or the Pullman massacre or or or... But it sure as *** doesn't feel good at the moment.

I kinda think that the people who think mail in voting is more prone to cheating have always though it was more prone to cheating. It could be done in a way that is safer, but a lot of states aren't doing that. But then most of those states don't matter because they were never voting red anyway.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Do you believe an election with 2 different results is safe during this time in our history?
    Measuring my words carefully, as usual, this election is as safe as any other since you and I have been alive.

There has always been graft in elections, even in the US. No election has been pristine. But, both parties know how to catch each other (for the most part) so game theory keeps everything more or less netting out the way it should.

The fake scenario that you're suddenly trumpeting is no different than a close election decided by absentee ballots. There isn't 2 results. There's 1 result after all the votes are cast.

And conditioned by Trump? Get over yourself.
    P.S. Mr Pretentious, that prediction came from a democrat funded polling group.
    Well, Mr. Ad Hom, there's been no bigger cheerleader in chief about the "dangers" of mail in voting than Trump. Except for those footnote elections that he wants his email list to use mail in votes.

This whole mail in voting contrivance is wearing thin. It is a shiny distraction that Trump keeps directing his base toward.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I have NEVER liked mail in voting. I like the dip the finger in indelible ink when one votes on Election Day and that is the end of it.

The civilized voting we have done in my lifetime is dead because the civility of that bygone time is dead. We live in an era when over a stupid game fans are happy their chosen ones cheated to win for them. Civility is dead, just look in the streets, and there is no trust among those the democrats have divided up. If you believe Trump started this your analysis is so wrong it is unfathomable...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Most Trump voters didn't give 2 ****s about mail in voting in 2016. The only reason they care now is that Trump told them to.

And yet, the process hasn't changed since then.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Most Trump voters didn't give 2 ****s about mail in voting in 2016. The only reason they care now is that Trump told them to.

You really need to fix your attitude.

Nobody gave 2 ****s about ABSENTEE voting. I don't recall willy nilly mail in voting ever being a thing in my entire lifetime.

I've seen the headlines out of china, threatening to stuff such an election with millions of fraudulent votes solely to sow discord.

Our health advisors all say voting in person is perfectly safe. Why would anyone still be parroting the DNC narrative of requiring mail in voting unless they're a tool for the DNC?

And that's ignoring what I've watched with my own eyes occur during these riots. Where the post office became a victim of the rioters, destroying and looting the mail, joy riding mail trucks around before burning them, and ruining the infrastructure for such a process. If you don't think targeted attacks will be a thing if mail in voting is allowed, I don't think you're thinking clearly.

I even saved a picture since I know some people would refuse to believe such a thing.
    7Wrx0Sb.png

MFy5Nal.png

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

:scratch: I don't recall mail-in voting being a thing in 2016. Absentee voting was. I voted early that way. I'll prolly do it again this time. If anyone was talking about mail-in voting (ballots are mass mailed to residents) I'm pretty sure I'd say **** that. Not secure.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Another problem I see, Indiana requires the ballots to be delivered by election day. Illinois and some other states only require the ballots be postmarked by election day. In Illinois that gives them time to print more ballots if necessary. Jim.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You really need to fix your attitude.

Nobody gave 2 ****s about ABSENTEE voting. I don't recall willy nilly mail in voting ever being a thing in my entire lifetime.

I've seen the headlines out of china, threatening to stuff such an election with millions of fraudulent votes solely to sow discord.

:scratch: I don't recall mail-in voting being a thing in 2016. Absentee voting was. I voted early that way. I'll prolly do it again this time. If anyone was talking about mail-in voting (ballots are mass mailed to residents) I'm pretty sure I'd say **** that. Not secure.

Wait.

Do you guys think that people can vote without registering to vote?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You think they can’t?
    You’ve never heard of fraudulent voting?
    Cats and dogs getting ballots?

No. Not a ballot. And not voting - absentee or otherwise. I believe an application to REGISTER to vote, but that's not really the same thing, is it?

To have this conversation, we need to understand the process.

(And yes, there's some fraudulent voting - I've witnessed suspicious anomalies myself. But, both sides know how to do it, how to catch it, and it is not on the scale being portrayed.)

The process starts with a human being registering to vote based on an address in a precinct. Any questions about that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom