• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Protests are useful for political purposes. Riots, not so much.

It has been said here by others that there are legitimate grievances that need to be addressed. I don't think anyone would feel that a business on fire is the way to accentuate the point.

Exactly! There’s a discussion to be had for sure. First, what is the problem and is it really a problem? We need to look at statistics, look at cases, and determine if this is an issue and have an honest discussion about it. Second, IF there is a problem, how do we fix it?

I, personally, think the problem is tensions are high in high crime areas, so cops are already on edge, so holding a knife or a gun and resisting arrest is going to end badly. It isn’t a problem with the officers, it’s a problem with the area. Clean up the neighborhood and get the criminals off your streets.

Now if statistics show high amounts of unarmed cooperative blacks are getting shot for no reason by police, we can discuss how to fix that. So far every bad shot I’ve seen, black or white, has ended with the officer in prison. I don’t think there’s a deep rooted nationwide problem... but I’m open for discussion. Country needs more discussing and less burning and screaming.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Have you considered that polling has been manipulative rather than revelatory for longer than just the Trump era? I don't recall polling ever favoring a Republican since Reagan

That’s why we keep records, so we don’t have to rely on recollection.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_polling_for_United_States_presidential_elections

Polls were actually accurate several times. Where they often got it wrong was estimating who would vote. In 2016, the polls underestimated Trump, but they also underestimated Hillary voters by 2%. Amazing that the dead voters would make up a whole 2%!

I suspect that Trump is gonna need probably 60% of the living people’s votes just to overcome the dead voters in 2020.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That’s why we keep records, so we don’t have to rely on recollection.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_polling_for_United_States_presidential_elections

Polls were actually accurate several times. Where they often got it wrong was estimating who would vote. In 2016, the polls underestimated Trump, but they also underestimated Hillary voters by 2%. Amazing that the dead voters would make up a whole 2%!

I suspect that Trump is gonna need probably 60% of the living people’s votes just to overcome the dead voters in 2020.

Without research my response would be that they are looking at final polling just days before the election. The polls leading up are the more manipulative and the final are the "omg, we got to get closer" type of results. They have a bevy excuses for their manipulative polling before the final they use to claim accuracy...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    No, this isn't a satire news site.

5FVxzuO.png

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1300510944880140292

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Biden is a horrible candidate at this point.

He was a horrible candidate before this point. He's been a horrible candidate the whole campaign. Of course he didn't make it all that obvious for a lot of Democrats until he picked Kamalalama.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He was a horrible candidate before this point. He's been a horrible candidate the whole campaign. Of course he didn't make it all that obvious for a lot of Democrats until he picked Kamalalama.

Oh, I meant more "at this point in his career" not like "at this point today."

Up until the vice presidency, I think he still had enough vitality and... acuity, I guess... to be a viable candidate. Both of those tanks appear to be pretty close to empty.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Oh, I meant more "at this point in his career" not like "at this point today."

Up until the vice presidency, I think he still had enough vitality and... acuity, I guess... to be a viable candidate. Both of those tanks appear to be pretty close to empty.

Biden has been a mess since around Obama's second term.

I'd take a strong bet on something medically significant happening to him during that time. Likely a stroke that accelerated his mental decline.
    I've read stories of secret service seeing him on the floor with screaming migraines.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom