chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    LOL

And, for the record, Trump is at least 3 times the Keynesian that Obama was.

Well-played, sir.

Though, the reality is that it is the House that drives spending, and Trump is saddled with Pelosi. (I remember what Obama did, fiscally, when he had Pelosi, too. The Stimulus. Cash for Clunkers. Solyndra/green energy boondoggle. ObamaCare.)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm going to go ahead and assume that you're intelligent enough to know how much stock to put in those, or just about any other, polls.
    hahah

Yeah, I posted more on that later. :)

Since 2016, the polls are what they are and then invite credibility discounts. Crystal balls don't actually work to tell the future, and so it is fair to say that presidential candidate polling is truly the crystal ball of speculation. ;)

But, without referring to them, we would just be tossing around WAGs. That gets boring. :D

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Rasmussen remains a curiosity to me. Their polling certainly runs contrarian to most other polls. And, it is consistently contrarian, so it is likely something systemic in how they do it. Which is fine. Being a contrarian voice can be healthy for a system. (Ask me how I know.) ;)

Ultimately, though, it looks like they agree with me. This is still pretty much Trump's race to lose.

Maybe find another likely voter poll would help.

But all elections come down to who votes...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So look for the media to try to stem the riots if they can. Polling and focus groups are showing the crime and drama are boosting Trump in polls. They thought all the mayhem would hurt Trump but are shocked it is hurting the democrats fanning the flames. Much of the media buried their own polls last week because of this.

Zogby had Trump at an all time high this week of 52% approval...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-zogby-poll-trump-at-all-time-high-surging-with-minorities

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So look for the media to try to stem the riots if they can. Polling and focus groups are showing the crime and drama are boosting Trump in polls. They thought all the mayhem would hurt Trump but are shocked it is hurting the democrats fanning the flames. Much of the media buried their own polls last week because of this.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-zogby-poll-trump-at-all-time-high-surging-with-minorities

So is our liberal counterpart accusing Trump and right wing groups of funding and instigating the riots to boost his numbers?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So is our liberal counterpart accusing Trump and right wing groups of funding and instigating the riots to boost his numbers?
    Not yet, but don't give them any ideas...

Oh, I've heard someone say that on a livestream. Definitely left of reality. This is really good. He blamed Trump for the rioting, claiming that Trump is getting the police to instigate violence so that Trump can use that to blame Democrats and win the election. So it wasn't Antifa or BLM that put the pallets of bricks out, it was the police.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have heard the whole thing about how the violence is started by undercover police officers, even heard the brick thing.

Of course, just today when I opened my web browser the first story it recommended for me was all about how the root of our problems is that there aren't any moderate Republicans anymore. It's not hard to figure out why there are people that actually believe it is the right causing all of the violence.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh, I've heard someone say that on a livestream. Definitely left of reality. This is really good. He blamed Trump for the rioting, claiming that Trump is getting the police to instigate violence so that Trump can use that to blame Democrats and win the election. So it wasn't Antifa or BLM that put the pallets of bricks out, it was the police.

Knowing that they have their own outlandish theories actually makes me sleep better at night.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

The riots are the reason I haven’t already stated Biden will win. They are certainly hurting the Democrats with right-leaning moderates who don’t care for Trump.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Next thing you know, they'll be blaming Emmanuel Goldstein, and calling the rioters The Brotherhood.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The riots are the reason I haven’t already stated Biden will win. They are certainly hurting the Democrats with right-leaning moderates who don’t care for Trump.

What are the chances the dems, who were "allowing" the riots in an effort to hurt Trump, have seen the polling on this and will now try to switch to quelling those same riots?

After months of Trump is an authoritarian for wanting to stop the riots, can they switch to "we need to stop these protests and come together"?

I bet you see the swing to this shortly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What are the chances the dems, who were "allowing" the riots in an effort to hurt Trump, have seen the polling on this and will now try to switch to quelling those same riots?

After months of Trump is an authoritarian for wanting to stop the riots, can they switch to "we need to stop these protests and come together"?

I bet you see the swing to this shortly.

I don’t know. Whereas the protesters certainly took their cues, I don’t think the rioters are under control of the Democrats. It’s kinda become a self feeding monster.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I don’t know. Whereas the protesters certainly took their cues, I don’t think the rioters are under control of the Democrats. It’s kinda become a self feeding monster.

Control? - harder to prove, less likely.

Tolerated/condoned? - Most definitely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom