Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm stocking up extra for the election and inviting both sons to stay for a few days, if President Trump wins I think it's going to be worse than the MLK assassination. I remember those riots as a young man, random killings by emotional people and destruction. In 2020 lots of people will be wound unbelievably tight by election night and when they don't get what they want the negative energy will sweep over the country. Things will quite down in time, just like 1968, but you don't want to be one of those people that are caught outside.

I remember the news interviewing a black man who had killed his white neighbor that he knew in a fit of negative emotion. He wasn't really lucid, just kept crying and saying that they had killed his King. This from something that came as a complete surprise as opposed to weeks of intense frenzied stories from media bringing people to a raw emotional edge.

Protect your own and don't be a statistic.
    That’s kinda the same sort of negative emotion Liam Neeson described. He was canceled for it. I kinda think violent rioters won’t.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Why do you limit it to just "if Trump wins"?

I don't think the riots will stop if Biden wins, but the people whipped up to a sharp edge won't have anything to go hysterical over all at once. 1968 was bad, but other than the long corrosion from Vietnam there was nothing even remotely close to the wild frenzy social media and big media are pushing today. Nixon wasn't popular but I think voters saw him as some sort of end to the trouble, particularly after the Democratic convention.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That’s kinda the same sort of negative emotion Liam Neeson described. He was canceled for it. I kinda think violent rioters won’t.

You see it in small scale sometimes after athletic events, a release of sorts. By the election night big/social media will have pushed the rhetoric to the absolute wall, the President will be the left's equivalent to the antichrist. When he wins, that release will be bad and since I can't have any affect on it, I'll just make sure my loved ones are safely out of harms way for a few days. It's pretty easy when you live as remote as we do.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    d67359679d25172b7b6678f96b075971.png

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've heard that one before, with George Bush 1 saying "read my lips". It would have been funnier if Joe had his VP promise this like George senior.;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Rasmussen remains a curiosity to me. Their polling certainly runs contrarian to most other polls. And, it is consistently contrarian, so it is likely something systemic in how they do it. Which is fine. Being a contrarian voice can be healthy for a system. (Ask me how I know.) ;)

Ultimately, though, it looks like they agree with me. This is still pretty much Trump's race to lose.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Balanced, as noted by Jetta, by the birthers on the right.

The phenomenon, or even the rhetoric, is not particularly new. There's just an added intensity with the pandemic and BLM issues.

Balanced?

[Insert channeling of Inigo Montoya here]

The two may be comparably fringe in terms of ideology, but in terms of magnitude (number of adherents) and frenzy (actions to which their beliefs agitate them to commit), they are not in any way balanced. There aren't very many birthers, and they are easily avoided if you know how to ignore them on Twitter and Facebook (which is just about the only place you might run into them in numbers).

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Rasmussen remains a curiosity to me. Their polling certainly runs contrarian to most other polls. And, it is consistently contrarian, so it is likely something systemic in how they do it. Which is fine. Being a contrarian voice can be healthy for a system. (Ask me how I know.) ;)

Ultimately, though, it looks like they agree with me. This is still pretty much Trump's race to lose.

It was 48 biden - 44 trump last week before the dem convention. FYI

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    In actual election info, Biden leads Trump by 8 in Michigan, 7 in Wisconsin, 6 in Pennsylvania, and Ohio is a tie. (fivethirtyeight.com)

We're certainly in uncharted territory in terms of measuring any virtual bumps from virtual conventions.

But who knows, the same storm front that rolled in 2016 might strike again.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you're intelligent enough to know how much stock to put in those, or just about any other, polls. Anyone who actually believes those numbers probably still believes the Muh Russia conspiracy was real. Trump tied in Ohio? Seriously? What do the fraudsters, er, pollsters, think that people are smoking, to believe that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom