Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So you're saying legislators of one party have been fighting against the leader of another party? And a people of one political persuasion possess animosity toward the President who's of a different political persuasion?

Gee, you don't say.

Not just animosity. Active resistance, as in Mueller, then impeachment, both of which were based on nothing but "not my president" BS.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So you're saying legislators of one party have been fighting against the leader of another party? And a people of one political persuasion possess animosity toward the President who's of a different political persuasion?

Gee, you don't say.

No, he was saying your original "point" that it is a small percentage is ****ing bogus.

Also, you forgot about the entirety of the media in the bag as well.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not just animosity. Active resistance, as in Mueller, then impeachment, both of which were based on nothing but "not my president" BS.

Impeachments for bogus charges? Active resistance?

The more you try to show the current Democrats are different, the more you show they're the same as everyone else - roughly going all the way back to Jefferson.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not sure how he'd accomplish them.

I have to say that Trump has done or tried to do more of his agenda than any president I ever voted for. If he gets both houses of congress they will get some things done.

This is the most pivotal elections in recent history and one of a few all time. I know what a couple of you will post, if you disagree you lack understanding of what is going on in our country, and the world for that matter.

In 2016 Trump took full on the media and the democrat party. In 2017-18 he took on the republican party and dozens retired, including the speaker of the house. In what life have we ever seen a speaker of the house retire? It is finally Trumps party.

So just what are the stakes?

I believe if Trump wins the house will be republican and the senate will stay republican they will work to advance the posted policies and laws. We have a chance at nationwide carry from that scenario. Trump and McConnell will continue to appoint judges that will get us back some to a more textual court system from top to bottom.

I Biden wins dems will get the house too. If you thought they went radical with Obama, wait till you see this show. Obama was at least in charge and wanted to be reelected. Joe is not in charge and the power will just find another vessel to replace joe with later, he is just a stand in. The left has come unhinged and unhindered by law, propriety, and precedent as evidenced by their actions through covid and the riots. This will be the most radical administration ever and American norms will be shattered by these lefitists/Marxists

The difference between the choices is stark...

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have to say that Trump has done or tried to do more of his agenda than any president I ever voted for. If he gets both houses of congress they will get some things done.

He had that - and really squandered it, IMHO.

And Obama got Obamacare. Regardless of what you think of it, I'd argue that it was a bigger accomplishment compared to what Trump has done.

This is the most pivotal elections in recent history and one of a few all time. I know what a couple of you will post, if you disagree you lack understanding of what is going on in our country, and the world for that matter.

Looks like you cleaned it up, but it still sounds acidulous; and makes me think you're young.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Would you disagree, Bug?

What does Trump have on his list that trumps it?

He got a tax cut, but didn't get his follow on spending cuts... and... well, I'll let others list his "greatest hits" so far.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    He had that - and really squandered it, IMHO.

In simple platitudes he may have had it but in reality he did not. From a post I did yesterday. The first two years Trump had to battle the old RINO's then the dems the last two years.

WASHINGTON — More than two dozen former Republican members of Congress, including former Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona, endorsed Joe Biden for president Monday, shortly before the Republican National Convention.

The reason Nancy has the gavel is because over 30 RINO's just could not legislate the platform they always promised their voters, so they retired. Just could not secure the border and pass real immigration reform. They were beholden to the Koch brothers who were really on the other side of those issues, though you would never have known it then, the truth has come out. (Trump outed them and several others.)

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...-congressmen-endorse-biden-ahead-rnc-n1237826

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Would you disagree, Bug?

He got a tax cut, but didn't get his follow on spending cuts... and... well, I'll let others list his "greatest hits" so far.

What benefit did Obamacare bring to the people who worked and paid taxes and played by the rules? And no, I don't consider worse coverage at higher rates and larger deductibles to qualify as a 'benefit' to the people that still had to pay for it. I think that people who wanted health care should have gotten it the same way everyone else did, by seeking, training for and working toward a job that had good benefits as well as higher pay

You cannot teach people to value hard work and integrity while simultaneously giving those who don't get with the program the same or better benefits. Like they say, safety net not safety hammock

An alternative path might have been to encourage more employers to offer decent health care by making changes to make it more affordable, not forcing them to cover birth control or sex changes or mental health intervention. All of that just drove up costs for everybody. It is not a right and should always be tied to gainful employment, not just handed out to everybody like cookies

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Would you disagree, Bug?

I don't know. What legislation did Trump get passed when he had both the House and Senate under Republican control that was bigger than Obamacare? He didn't say better.

The tax changes are the biggest one I can think of, and I would say Obamacare was bigger than that. Is there something I am forgetting?

To me Trumps biggest accomplishments are in 3 areas none of which are legislative.

The border and the focus he put on the border and the drive to build a wall.

Trade, he is working to get better deals for Americans.

He has been prolific and good at selecting judges that will impact for a long time.

If the measure of a great president is massive legislation without regard to quality Obama wins hands down. I don't like massive legislation from any president...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If we're only talking about the 'bigness' of the policy, KLB, rather than any benefits it brought the US, then stabbing Israel in the back and allowing the funding of the Iranian ballistic missile programs, nuclear weapons program and support for destabilizing other ME countries via pallets of cash and the lifting of sanctions certainly would be 'bigger' (in terms of repercussions) than Obamacare

And how come converting the US to the largest fossil fuel energy exporter in the world gets no love? You guys 'green' - with envy?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In simple platitudes he may have had it but in reality he did not. From a post I did yesterday. The first two years Trump had to battle the old RINO's then the dems the last two years.

WASHINGTON — More than two dozen former Republican members of Congress, including former Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona, endorsed Joe Biden for president Monday, shortly before the Republican National Convention.

The reason Nancy has the gavel is because over 30 RINO's just could not legislate the platform they always promised their voters, so they retired. Just could not secure the border and pass real immigration reform. They were beholden to the Koch brothers who were really on the other side of those issues, though you would never have known it then, the truth has come out. (Trump outed them and several others.)

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...-congressmen-endorse-biden-ahead-rnc-n1237826

How much fine print and couching of your statement do you want?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If we're only talking about the 'bigness' of the policy, KLB, rather than any benefits it brought the US, then stabbing Israel in the back and allowing the funding of the Iranian ballistic missile programs, nuclear weapons program and support for destabilizing other ME countries via pallets of cash and the lifting of sanctions certainly would be 'bigger' (in terms of repercussions) than Obamacare

Yes, we absolutely are!

Quit trying to move the goalpost, Bug.

And how come converting the US to the largest fossil fuel energy exporter in the world gets no love? You guys 'green' - with envy?
    See, that's not so hard, is it?

Trump got us to be a fossil fuel exporter. Or, you can say Trump instituted massive tariffs.
    Both big things he accomplished from his agenda.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom