• Status
    Not open for further replies.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to OakRiver again.
    Thank you. For all our sparring, I do believe in being fair. For that video, I don't see anything furtive or suspicious, so I can't ascribe ill intent.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Thank you. For all our sparring, I do believe in being fair. For that video, I don't see anything furtive or suspicious, so I can't ascribe ill intent.

What part of ballot processing requires the handler to mark on the ballot? That's my concern. It appears to be a ScanTron ballot. There is literally nothing for the handler to mark in ink on the ballot as part of reading/processing it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What part of ballot processing requires the handler to mark on the ballot? That's my concern. It appears to be a ScanTron ballot. There is literally nothing for the handler to mark in ink on the ballot as part of reading/processing it.
    The posted article has an explanation for it.

Zelaya explained incoming ballots are opened and processed by bipartisan teams of election judges representing each party who sit across from each other at folding banquet tables so they may monitor and check each other’s work.

Tasks include checking ballots for valid signatures, readability and unauthorized marks.

"When the canvassers are processing thousands and thousands of mail-in ballots and they notice that a voter used pencil or light colored pen, and they didn't fill in this circles completely -- we want to ensure that our scanning equipment records the full intent of the voter," Zelaya said. "So filling in the circles with a black ballpoint pen is standard operating procedures at the Montgomery County Board of Elections."

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The posted article has an explanation for it.

Zelaya explained incoming ballots are opened and processed by bipartisan teams of election judges representing each party who sit across from each other at folding banquet tables so they may monitor and check each other’s work.

Tasks include checking ballots for valid signatures, readability and unauthorized marks.

"When the canvassers are processing thousands and thousands of mail-in ballots and they notice that a voter used pencil or light colored pen, and they didn't fill in this circles completely -- we want to ensure that our scanning equipment records the full intent of the voter," Zelaya said. "So filling in the circles with a black ballpoint pen is standard operating procedures at the Montgomery County Board of Elections."

So, where was the bipartisan counterpart sitting across from this election judge?

Edited to add: I am not at all familiar with "helping" a voted ballot. This is on the order of controversy of the infamous "hanging chads" in Florida in 2000. In my experience, a voted ballot is considered exactly as it is voted. If it was incorrectly completed, it is what it is.

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    So, where was the bipartisan counterpart sitting across from this election judge?

Edited to add: I am not at all familiar with "helping" a voted ballot. This is on the order of controversy of the infamous "hanging chads" in Florida in 2000. In my experience, a voted ballot is considered exactly as it is voted. If it was incorrectly completed, it is what it is.

Correct.

"we want to ensure that our scanning equipment records the full intent of the voter," Zelaya said"

This here is bull****

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Maybe the Maryland laws do. That was the Board of Elections spokesperson speaking. The Republicans don't have an issue with it either.
    Montgomery County's BOE President James Shalleck, a Republican, said the sharing of the video was someone who took legitimate ballot canvassing and made false claims on social media that it shows fraud, spreading "potentially intentional misinformation."
    So I guess you can choose to ignore them and believe it is fraud if you want. I think I will just choose to believe they people responsible for running the election there.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Maybe the Maryland laws do. That was the Board of Elections spokesperson speaking. The Republicans don't have an issue with it either.

So I guess you can choose to ignore them and believe it is fraud if you want. I think I will just choose to believe they people responsible for running the election there.

I'm not claiming fraud - just to be clear.

Having said that, it's Maryland. The GOP pretty much have their heads up their asses in the People's Republic of Maryland.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Rasmussen: Trump Approval Among Likely Black Voters Jumps to 46% After Debate

Trump started the week with a 24% approval rate with likely black voters. By Friday the same poll jumped to 46%.

I guess his message during the debate is resonating with the black community after all.

Been planning all day to add this to the wonderful thread.

It is amazing what we can know today compared to just twenty years ago. Immediately following the comments in the debate Google lit up with searches on super predators and fracking. Anyone doing the search is not going to like the truth...

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Been planning all day to add this to the wonderful thread.

It is amazing what we can know today compared to just twenty years ago. Immediately following the comments in the debate Google litbupbwith searches on super predators and fracking. Anyone doing the search is not going to like the truth...
    iPhone?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hey, litbupbwith is my go-to Scrabble word. Kill shot. They never see it coming.

Good to know.

I thought he was trying to say “lit up with.” iPhone’s “keyboard” sucks. They keep shrinking it down to make room for stupid **** I don’t use. So it’s a pretty common thing for me to hit the b button instead of the spacebar.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom