• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Perhaps when you've had a chance to clear your mind of the 40+ odd lawsuits that you touted over the last 5 weeks that have all failed and think about what it might mean to the economy if a general strike was called. It doesn't take much to block major roadways (if any of you remember the trucker slowdown during the Carter administration over the 55mph limit). Food supplies start running lean in less than a month. Momma is out of toilet paper again. No school for the kids, online or otherwise. Checks don't get cut by government agencies.

I wouldn't laugh. A general strike is serious business.

Oh no, I may have to dig into my pantry for a year or 2.

That's so much worse than having my property confiscated.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Perhaps when you've had a chance to clear your mind of the 40+ odd lawsuits that you touted over the last 5 weeks that have all failed and think about what it might mean to the economy if a general strike was called. It doesn't take much to block major roadways (if any of you remember the trucker slowdown during the Carter administration over the 55mph limit). Food supplies start running lean in less than a month. Momma is out of toilet paper again. No school for the kids, online or otherwise. Checks don't get cut by government agencies.

So basically back to where we were 6 months ago. Are you implying that because of this possibility we should just ignore all the allegations of what occurred in this election for the sake of comfort? All this because Orange Man tweets bad things? So very sad for you.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not one bit nervous. I'm frustrated by the hijinks and likely illegal activity of Trump interfering with elections and possible sedition. But no, I'm not nervous.

If SCOTUS rules in a manner that changes the election to Trump, Venezuela will look like a girl scout cookie sale in comparison to what happens here. And there needn't be violence. A general strike would be phase 1, methinks.

So, rule of law only applies when things go your way. Why am I not surprised

Not sure how a general strike would be effective when prosecuted by people who don't really do much. Will BLM refuse to riot until Trump steps down? Will I have to make my own coffee at home (like I already do) because my barista is throwing a hissy? The censors at twitter and facebook will refuse to suppress conservative thought and ideas?

Bring it

Chewie

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

So back to where we were 6 months ago? Are you implying that we should ignore all the allegations of fraud in this election to be comfortable? Because the bad orange man tweets mean things? If this is how you feel I have a sad for you (not that you care, I know you dont).

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

You mean 'workers of the world, unite'? Don't you need, you know, actual workers? I don't think waiting for Pelosiclaus to give you $1200 and stiff your landlord counts as work

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So basically back to where we were 6 months ago. Are you implying that because of this possibility we should just ignore all the allegations of what occurred in this election for the sake of comfort? All this because Orange Man tweets bad things? So very sad for you.

I'm saying that the republicans have had 5 or 6 weeks to file lawsuits based on HARD evidence of fraud. Through court cases and recounts, they have not been able to establish that significant fraud occurred. Not in any case. NONE. Almost 50 cases (some count it as over 50). No hard evidence. Affidavits filed have been generally from the fringe crazies or people who didn't bother to attend training or assumed what they saw had to be wrong. And the right wing media stirred up the base. Just look at how IngoMike has reported with glee on almost every case. Yet each case, when held to the standards of a court, have failed.

As to Trump. He made phone calls. Responsible parties were on the other side of those calls. His twitter record corroborates what those parties heard.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's what the bolsheviks said too.

Actually they didn’t. The Bolsheviks were more focused on the massive wealth gap between the classes rather than holding a perception of being the victim of tyranny at the hands of the Russian nobility.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So back to where we were 6 months ago? Are you implying that we should ignore all the allegations of fraud in this election to be comfortable? Because the bad orange man tweets mean things? If this is how you feel I have a sad for you (not that you care, I know you dont).

No, don’t ignore the allegations... make them, and provide proof. The longer we wait, the more likely we are to ignore it. In the words of the old Wendy’s lady, “where’s the beef?”

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You mean 'workers of the world, unite'? Don't you need, you know, actual workers? I don't think waiting for Pelosiclaus to give you $1200 and stiff your landlord counts as work

You can be as glib as you like. You like math and data. Go for it.

Stop the logistics and people run out of fuel to drive their vehicles. Stop the vehicles and people stop eating. Stop the checks and they can't afford to eat anyway.

Chewie

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I'm saying that the republicans have had 5 or 6 weeks to file lawsuits based on HARD evidence of fraud. Through court cases and recounts, they have not been able to establish that significant fraud occurred. Not in any case. NONE. Almost 50 cases (some count it as over 50). No hard evidence. Affidavits filed have been generally from the fringe crazies or people who didn't bother to attend training or assumed what they saw had to be wrong. And the right wing media stirred up the base. Just look at how IngoMike has reported with glee on almost every case. Yet each case, when held to the standards of a court, have failed.

As to Trump. He made phone calls. Responsible parties were on the other side of those calls. His twitter record corroborates what those parties heard.

And I can theorize on many reasons for the evidence not appearing. I'll even throw in Bit Bleach just for fun!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And I can theorize on many reasons for the evidence not appearing. I'll even throw in Bit Bleach just for fun!

You can theorize to your heart's content. No evidence representing definitive proof was presented. That's a fact. You are welcome to your own theories but not to your own facts.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    You can theorize to your heart's content. No evidence representing definitive proof was presented. That's a fact. You are welcome to your own theories but not to your own facts.

Did you think the same thing when we were all discussing russian collusion?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Bug: I'm sure the Colonel has much more to say than just this short summary and the summary isn't worth responding to.

I still believe that Joe Biden will be installed as president on Jan 20 and there isn't any need to game scenarios of an apocalypse.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom