• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And SCOTUS put the Texas and Louisiana case on the docket. This is far from over.

This is all pretty simple to me, did they change election procedures without legislative approval?

Yes or no?

Does the Constitution say the legislature makes changes in election procedures?

Hint, it does.

So then all the whining will begin, you can't throw out votes...

[video=youtube;RRWyx6kAZ6g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRWyx6kAZ6g[/video]

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Act 77 in Pennsylvania was illegal from what I read online. Deep research, not done by me, stated that changing of the voter law there required it to be posted in newspapers, and then added to a voter ballot in a future election as to if it would be adopted. None of which happened. It was passed by their house, and made law, without abiding by Pennsylvania constitutional law. I'll dig deeper and see if I can quote chapter and verse....

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

In summary the Texas case is outcome determinative which means if SCOTUS rules in favor of Texas then the legislators of the other States named in the suit will determine the outcome by picking the electors which is the Constitutional remedy.

It will be up to SCOTUS to determine if election procedures in the States named in the Texas suit (Pa, Ga, Mi, and Wi) were unconstitutional.

Last edited:

nightgaunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Rural St Joe County
    Act 77 in Pennsylvania was illegal from what I read online. Deep research, not done by me, stated that changing of the voter law there required it to be posted in newspapers, and then added to a voter ballot in a future election as to if it would be adopted. None of which happened. It was passed by their house, and made law, without abiding by Pennsylvania constitutional law. I'll dig deeper and see if I can quote chapter and verse....
    Anyone who wanted to challenge Act 77 had over a year (passed into law 10/31/2019). Bipartisan agreement.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No time limit, can still be challenged by a wider array of plaintiffs now due to demonstrable harm. Seems like just about any voter would have standing now, whereas before wouldn't the legislature have had to challenge it?

Edit: And act 77 set a deadline for vote acceptance of 8pm on election day. That was illegally modified to extend without the approval of the legislature and that is what is being challenged, but you knew that

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Biden holds the office of president elect, he earned the office by showing up and the media pronounced him their president elect. Next time he should campaign for the office of President, but it takes a real campaign to win that.

Biden will be dead or deemed incompetent before he ever sees another election.

In inaugurated, you can count on Commie Harris in the executive position within 2 years.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

How confident are you that this gains enough traction to do anything significant? I think the outlook is dim, for one main reason. The very thing Texas is doing can be done by the Democrats. If Texas is able to get those elections voided, then I’d expect the Democrats to employ the exact same tactics to try and throw out Trump states, and create an endless series of contested elections. I’m sure that isn’t lost on the Supreme Court, nor that ALL the states being contested by Texas having Republican governors, and Republican controlled legislatures.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How confident are you that this gains enough traction to do anything significant? I think the outlook is dim, for one main reason. The very thing Texas is doing can be done by the Democrats. If Texas is able to get those elections voided, then I’d expect the Democrats to employ the exact same tactics to try and throw out Trump states, and create an endless series of contested elections. I’m sure that isn’t lost on the Supreme Court, nor that ALL the states being contested by Texas having Republican governors, and Republican controlled legislatures.

So you're saying Indiana could come into play. :)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania have dem governors. The Costitution has options and sending it to the house is the likely one since there is no way to get to 270 without the states under litigation. I hope, but also think it a strong possibility that that SCOTUS will make a needed precedent that if you cannot run your election constitutionally your votes are at risk. Otherwise what is the remedy for all those injured by the inept and corrupt?

ADD: GA governor and SS are likely dirty and going down, too much smoke not to be fire...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It will gain traction if SCOTUS has the collective nads to carry out their Constitutional duties. Is SCOTUS not duty bound to ensure that Constitutional election procedures were followed and provide Constitutional remedy if they were not? Taking into account that Republican controlled legislatures favor Trump should not factor into the decision making process This is a Constitutional issue before the court.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    And SCOTUS put the Texas and Louisiana case on the docket. This is far from over.

What do you mean they put it on the docket? Are you saying they granted cert? Or just accepted the filing to later decide on if they should grant or deny cert? And do you have a cite?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It will gain traction if SCOTUS has the collective nads to carry out their Constitutional duties. Is SCOTUS not duty bound to ensure that Constitutional election procedures were followed and provide Constitutional remedy if they were not? Taking into account that Republican controlled legislatures favor Trump should not factor into the decision making process This is a Constitutional issue before the court.

I believe this will be Justice Thomas revenge on the left for a lifetime of mistreatment and racism...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What do you mean they put it on the docket? Are you saying they granted cert? Or just accepted the filing to later decide on if they should grant or deny cert? And do you have a cite?

This is not a cert, this requires 5 to put it on the docket for a hearing. We have state vs. state and those go directly to SCOTUS and a 5 justice majority puts it on the docket.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    With the SCOTUS ruling today, PA can go ahead and certify. The only remaining case for PA is the appeal about the PA SC ruling mthat moved the mail-in deadline. But SCOTUS isn’t likely to rule on that case until sometime next year.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    PA is probably going to certify. So for Trumps trick to work he must stop WI, MI, and GA from certifying. Probably at least one of those will. And then Biden has the 270.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

au4f0MA.png

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania have dem governors. The Costitution has options and sending it to the house is the likely one since there is no way to get to 270 without the states under litigation. I hope, but also think it a strong possibility that that SCOTUS will make a needed precedent that if you cannot run your election constitutionally your votes are at risk. Otherwise what is the remedy for all those injured by the inept and corrupt?

ADD: GA governor and SS are likely dirty and going down, too much smoke not to be fire...

Sorry, I was thinking AZ, OH, and GA (gov & leg).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom