• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It will gain traction if SCOTUS has the collective nads to carry out their Constitutional duties. Is SCOTUS not duty bound to ensure that Constitutional election procedures were followed and provide Constitutional remedy if they were not? Taking into account that Republican controlled legislatures favor Trump should not factor into the decision making process This is a Constitutional issue before the court.

The basis of the Texas suit, from my understanding, is that the states in question used the pandemic to expand things like mail-in voting. My prediction: SCOTUS won’t have the “nads,” and never moves to hear the case.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    SCOTUS has given the defendant states until 3:00pm Thursday to respond to the Texas Et al...

The basis of the Texas suit, from my understanding, is that the states in question used the pandemic to expand things like mail-in voting. My prediction: SCOTUS won’t have the “nads,” and never moves to hear the case.

Did you read the above post? It is being heard...

I have heard but not confirmed that the vote was 6-3.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Before everyone gets overly excited, and aside from the factual errors in the plea, there were a number of states that modified their voting procedures in 2020 to accomodate the pandemic.

https://ballotpedia.org/Changes_to_..._to_the_coronavirus_(COVID-19)_pandemic,_2020

In addition, SCOTUS has previously declined to rule (in 3 or 4 cases) wrt the state of No Carolina on similar voting modifications.

My sense is that, much like Pennsylvania, SCOTUS will deny the request for injunction on Thursday or Friday. That will put a stake into the heart of this attempt to subrogate the will of the voters to the ridiculous assertions of a disgruntled loser.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Isn't that cute, what a sweet rendering of un-f*****g-constitutional. Nothing on Gods green earth stopped them from doing it right, oh yes, a republican legislature.

Your prediction reeks of desperation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Isn't that cute, what a sweet rendering of un-f*****g-constitutional. Nothing on Gods green earth stopped them from doing it right, oh yes, a republican legislature.

Your prediction ion reeks of desperation.

Desperation? From me? Not sure if srs? And I’m honestly not sure what portion of the Constitution that the “un” part comes into play in this instance.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Before everyone gets overly excited, and aside from the factual errors in the plea, there were a number of states that modified their voting procedures in 2020 to accomodate the pandemic.

https://ballotpedia.org/Changes_to_..._to_the_coronavirus_(COVID-19)_pandemic,_2020

In addition, SCOTUS has previously declined to rule (in 3 or 4 cases) wrt the state of No Carolina on similar voting modifications.

My sense is that, much like Pennsylvania, SCOTUS will deny the request for injunction on Thursday or Friday. That will put a stake into the heart of this attempt to subrogate the will of the voters to the ridiculous assertions of a disgruntled loser.

Then the constitution is dead. It means nothing, if it doesn't mean what it says. Bleeding hearts be damned.

If other states did it, then declare the election void and send it to the house...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Desperation? From me? Not sure if srs? And I’m honestly not sure what portion of the Constitution that the “un” part comes into play in this instance.

Only legislatures can set state voting procedures constitutionally, not governors, election officials, etc. take signature matching in GA, SS changed it.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Then the constitution is dead. It means nothing, if it doesn't mean what it says. Bleeding hearts be damned.

If other states did it, then declare the election void and send it to the house...

Puhleeeze. Your tiny violin is squeeking and it hurts my ears.

Texas likely doesn't have standing to raise these claims. Texas has no say in how another state chooses its electors. Texas waited too long to sue. If it had problems with the electors selection process, it should have filed suit earlier. To wait until after the results were in (and certified in all cases except for the state of WI), seeks to subrogate the will of the voters to some other party(ies).

Additionally, many other states modified their voting procedures as a result of the pandemic. Many of them are red states. In fact, most of them are red states. Texas is basically asking the court to invalidate the votes of the lion's share of the citizenry.

I don't expect more than a one sentence denial from SCOTUS.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Mike, I love ya, but the Constitution was dead before you or I were born.

Only legislatures can set state voting procedures constitutionally, not governors, election officials, etc. take signature matching in GA, SS changed it.

Any government official, of any type, can do anything, and as long as the courts turn their head the other way, it not only becomes constitutional and legal...it becomes standard procedure.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm not one bit nervous. I'm frustrated by the hijinks and likely illegal activity of Trump interfering with elections and possible sedition. But no, I'm not nervous.

If SCOTUS rules in a manner that changes the election to Trump, Venezuela will look like a girl scout cookie sale in comparison to what happens here. And there needn't be violence. A general strike would be phase 1, methinks.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm not one bit nervous. I'm frustrated by the hijinks and likely illegal activity of Trump interfering with elections and possible sedition. But no, I'm not nervous.

If SCOTUS rules in a manner that changes the election to Trump, Venezuela will look like a girl scout cookie sale in comparison to what happens here. And there needn't be violence. A general strike would be phase 1, methinks.

LMAFO!!! The democrats that don't work are gonna strike!

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

With all the election shenanigans, we apparently already are like Venezuela. Congrats to the dems for bringing us to this point.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

Of course we all agree that Trump and the R's are the only ones who were interfering in the elections. Purple implied!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Perhaps when you've had a chance to clear your mind of the 40+ odd lawsuits that you touted over the last 5 weeks that have all failed and think about what it might mean to the economy if a general strike was called. It doesn't take much to block major roadways (if any of you remember the trucker slowdown during the Carter administration over the 55mph limit). Food supplies start running lean in less than a month. Momma is out of toilet paper again. No school for the kids, online or otherwise. Checks don't get cut by government agencies.

I wouldn't laugh. A general strike is serious business.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Perhaps when you've had a chance to clear your mind of the 40+ odd lawsuits that you touted over the last 5 weeks that have all failed and think about what it might mean to the economy if a general strike was called. It doesn't take much to block major roadways (if any of you remember the trucker slowdown during the Carter administration over the 55mph limit). Food supplies start running lean in less than a month. Momma is out of toilet paper again. No school for the kids, online or otherwise. Checks don't get cut by government agencies.

I wouldn't laugh. A general strike is serious business.

Aren't these commie tactics?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom