• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    [h=1]Amistad Project argues in new report that Electoral College deadlines are not set in stone[/h]The Amistad Project of the non-partisan Thomas More Society released a white paper on Friday making the case that current Electoral College deadlines are arbitrary and not set in stone, contrary to what most news outlets have reported.

The white paper says that these deadlines — Dec. 8 for disputes to be resolved and Electors to be determined, and Dec. 14 for the Electoral College to meet in person and vote in their respective states — are a "direct impediment to states' obligations to investigate disputed elections."

According to the Amistad Project press release, the paper examines the history of Electoral College deadlines, which "are not only elements of a 72-year old federal statute with zero Constitutional basis, but are also actively preventing the states from fulfilling their constitutional — and ethical — obligation to hold free and fair elections. Experts believe that the primary basis for these dates was to provide enough time to affect the presidential transition of power, a concern which is fully obsolete in the age of internet and air travel."

https://justthenews.com/government/...eport-electoral-college-deadlines-are-not-set

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Interesting. So companies have data retention policies but governments have data deletion policies

I think they are doing the Hillary Clinton thing. Regardless of whether a court order is on the way or already issued, they wipe the memory, shrug, say "all gone" and when you object on legal grounds they ask "WTF are you going to do about it?"

Until we answer "Prison, for a very, very long time," and actually follow through with it, this will be standard operating procedure.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think they are doing the Hillary Clinton thing. Regardless of whether a court order is on the way or already issued, they wipe the memory, shrug, say "all gone" and when you object on legal grounds they ask "WTF are you going to do about it?"

Until we answer "Prison, for a very, very long time," and actually follow through with it, this will be standard operating procedure.

I want to know how this applies?

Every
    officer of election
    shall retain and preserve, for a period of twenty-two months from the date of any general, special, or primary election of which candidates for the office of President,
    Vice President
    , presidential elector, Member of the
    Senate
    , Member of the
    House of Representatives
    , or Resident Commissioner from the Commonwealth of Puerto
    Rico
    are voted for, all records and papers which come into his possession relating to any application, registration, payment of poll tax, or other act requisite to voting in such election, except that, when required by law, such records and papers may be delivered to another
    officer of election
    and except that, if a State or the Commonwealth of Puerto
    Rico
    designates a custodian to retain and preserve these records and papers at a specified place, then such records and papers may be deposited with such custodian, and the duty to retain and preserve any record or paper so deposited shall devolve upon such custodian. Any
    officer of election
    or custodian who willfully fails to comply with this section shall be fined not more than $1,000 or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/52/20701

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Oh sure. Sidney is a light in the shining city upon the hill.

Several legal experts said Powell may be uniquely vulnerable to sanction because of the number of errors in her filings -- some of them egregious. Some of the most troubling, they said, surfaced in an election challenge she brought in federal court in Wisconsin earlier this week.

In the case, Powell asked a Wisconsin judge to order the release of 48 hours of security camera footage from the TCF Center -- but the facility is actually in Michigan.

Even Joe Bridge Builder, Chris Christie, called her "a national embarassment".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh sure. Sidney is a light in the shining city upon the hill.

Even Joe Bridge Builder, Chris Christie, called her "a national embarassment".

Sorry, errors in her court filings still don't rise to the level of a sitting president spying on the other party's campaign, fabricating fake dossiers, obtaining illegal warrants, destroying cell phones, wiping private servers of 10's of thousands of classified or sensitive emails (also illegal). Sanctioning her or Trump's legal team for trying to get to the bottom of what happened in this election is beyond the pale. They should allow for discovery, and then allow the evidence to be presented in court with the appropriate subpoenas, etc.. If it fails at that point, so be it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    When the dust finally settles one thing that will be interesting to watch is the media's response to biden. Are they going to fact check him in real time during his State of the Unions etc. like they did Trump? I don't think it will be a love fest like with obama but I bet the change in the mood of the newsroom will be very evident. Probably the worst thing that could have happened to them is for Trump to lose (good for conservative media though), what are the late night 'comedians' going to talk about or SNL lol.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Over 45 cases....some filed as high as state supreme courts....and they all lack the basic support necessary for a judge to want to initiate a deeper dive....not to mention spelling errors, jurisdiction errors, and witnesses that testify to such things as "the room was too warm".

Gimme a break. If this is the best the legal profession can offer, then we ought to start that "lawyers at the bottom of the ocean" pile.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Over 45 cases....some filed as high as state supreme courts....and they all lack the basic support necessary for a judge to want to initiate a deeper dive....not to mention spelling errors, jurisdiction errors, and witnesses that testify to such things as "the room was too warm".

Gimme a break. If this is the best the legal profession can offer, then we ought to start that "lawyers at the bottom of the ocean" pile.
    Then what's the harm in letting these go to court? If as they say, the evidence is so flimsy that the defense will be a slam dunk, then let's see it. I'm as frustrated as any with all these promises of evidence to be presented that never come to light. I say let them come to light. Just dismissing them out of hand because the social media fact checkers say so doesn't seem prudent. These judges could have ended this one way or another before now. Hear the cases. Call their hands or fold.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    When the dust finally settles one thing that will be interesting to watch is the media's response to biden. Are they going to fact check him in real time during his State of the Unions etc. like they did Trump? I don't think it will be a love fest like with obama but I bet the change in the mood of the newsroom will be very evident. Probably the worst thing that could have happened to them is for Trump to lose (good for conservative media though), what are the late night 'comedians' going to talk about or SNL lol.

Doubtful. On reported retweeted something Biden said with the comment, "It will be nice knowing the President is lying every time he talks."

Except for the blood libel regarding his wife's death, plagiarized speeches, 'gonna put y'all back in chains', sure, I guess.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I want to know how this applies?

Every
    officer of election
    shall retain and preserve, for a period of twenty-two months from the date of any general, special, or primary election of which candidates for the office of President,
    Vice President
    , presidential elector, Member of the
    Senate
    , Member of the
    House of Representatives
    , or Resident Commissioner from the Commonwealth of Puerto
    Rico
    are voted for, all records and papers which come into his possession relating to any application, registration, payment of poll tax, or other act requisite to voting in such election, except that, when required by law, such records and papers may be delivered to another
    officer of election
    and except that, if a State or the Commonwealth of Puerto
    Rico
    designates a custodian to retain and preserve these records and papers at a specified place, then such records and papers may be deposited with such custodian, and the duty to retain and preserve any record or paper so deposited shall devolve upon such custodian. Any
    officer of election
    or custodian who willfully fails to comply with this section shall be fined not more than $1,000 or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/52/20701

My point is that they will continue disregarding the law, destroying evidence, and saying "**** you" when called out for it until we start either imprisoning them or executing them for doing so.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Google some combination of "UBS dominion china" and see what you get, or who Dominion's apparent owner is.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Then what's the harm in letting these go to court? If as they say, the evidence is so flimsy that the defense will be a slam dunk, then let's see it. I'm as frustrated as any with all these promises of evidence to be presented that never come to light. I say let them come to light. Just dismissing them out of hand because the social media fact checkers say so doesn't seem prudent. These judges could have ended this one way or another before now. Hear the cases. Call their hands or fold.

The harm is what it is doing to the reputation of the process whereby we elect people to represent us in government. It is an attack on one of the foundations of our country. That's why.

Would you mind if someone attempted to sue you continuously for some alleged vice which you don't have, but want a judge to allow them to go into your personal life and depose you and your friends, business associates and acquaintances with no proof that you have such vice or have demonstrated a defect of character associated therewith? Of course not.

Why would we then allow someone to undertake an effort to pull down our country to satisfy an inflated ego? That's where you lose me.

Trump lost. Republicans are afraid to admit it because they fear his wrath. The rest of the world isn't afraid of him.

He lost. Jan 20, if he doesn't leave the White House, he'll be frogmarched out by the Secret Service. Trust me on that one.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I find a lot of this rather funny. The same side who for the past 4 years cried Russia, Russia, Russia and did everything they could to de-legitimize the Trump Presidency is getting just a taste of what they dished out and they don't like it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom