• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well I see Trump's paying to recount the votes in Wisconsin was vintage Trump. He spent millions of dollars to find out he lost by even more votes.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I kinda understand the point you're trying to make, but I don't think the necessarily flies. Sure we should have zero tolerance for election fraud. In a perfect world, the discovery of fraud should require another election… in a perfect world. In the practical world, one must tolerate a degree of shenanigans, lest there will never be another presidential election result again. Surely, there isn't anyone here, that believes that from the late 20[SUP]th[/SUP] Century to the present, fraud in presidential elections didn't occur? In the practical world, the best we can do is try to ensure that the fraudulent votes don't change the ultimate outcome of the election.

I see where you’re at as well. And while I agree in practicality, from a conceptual standpoint, being “okay” with a little bit of election fraud is the same as being “okay” with a little bit of pedophilia. If we’re “okay” with the trampling of Constitutional processes...well, in practicality, I guess you’re right. Citizens have been giving up their second amendment rights for decades, why not a free and fair election?

We get the government we deserve.

“A republic, if you can keep it.”

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Brendan Morrow
    Thu, December 3, 2020, 8:45 AM EST

A Florida attorney is reportedly under investigation after trying to register to vote in Georgia ahead of the January runoff election and encouraging other Republicans to change "your address for the next two months" so they can vote in the state as well, WSB-TV reports.

Attorney Bill Price in a Facebook video that has since been deleted was reportedly seen speaking to members of the Bay County GOP in Florida last month, saying "we have to do whatever it takes" to "hold the Senate" and that he's "moving to Georgia" for the January runoff.

"And if that means changing your address for the next two months, so be it," Price says. "I'm doing that. I'm moving to Georgia and I'm gonna fight and I want you all to fight with me."

Price reportedly says in the video he's "moving to my brother's house in Hiram, Georgia and I'm registering to vote." Then, he reportedly tells the Florida Republicans his brother's name and his address, and when a woman asks if they "can truly register at that address," he reportedly responds, "Sure."

Georgia's office of Secretary of State told Fox News that "registering without the intention of permanent residency is a felony," as "only permanent residents are eligible to vote in Georgia." According to Fox, Price says in the video he will "move back to Florida on Jan. 6."

Price told WSB-TV these were just "humorous comments" and that he "did not change my voter registration." But according to the report, he did register to vote using his brother's Georgia address the day after he made the remarks, and he's now under investigation. Price admitted to Fox News that he filled out the voter registration but claimed, "I wanted to see how easy it was to do it. I'm not actually moving to Georgia. I was joking." Read more at WSB-TV.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/9530...-change-address-next-2-months-georgia-runoffs

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That story would have never been printed the attorney had been a Democrat.
    Well. Probably not CNN, but certainly on FNC or some other source willing to publish news critical of Democrats.

Andrew Lang, for example. https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/an...georgia-to-help-democrats-with-senate-runoffs

Early on Hollywood types were encouraging Democrats to move to GA in time to register as well. This is getting insane when people take a “by any means necessary” mindset to problem solving. If anyone out there catches themselves thinking in terms of BAMN, do this:
    1) calm the **** down
    2) consider that you might be full of ****

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well I see Trump's paying to recount the votes in Wisconsin was vintage Trump. He spent millions of dollars to find out he lost by even more votes.

Typically, you have to conduct a recount to canvass the ballots. It is the canvass - not the vote total - that is the purpose of the recount with respect to challenging the election results. The canvass is what allows the challenging of ballots. (See also: "hanging chads")

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    We need a forensic audit of the election.
    Recounts are no more than a Perpetuation of the Fraud.

The recount is the entry point for any sort of forensic audit or other formal challenge of results. So, you are correct that recounts alone are not sufficient; but they are required.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The democrats obfuscation continues, the Michigan SOS has issued instructions to clerks to clear all voting machines of data. UNREAL!!!

This just ahead of of a judge ruling for forensic audits of votes.

The actions of democrats accross the country are not consistent with free, fair, and open elections, this is being shown to all. They are stealing the votes of the people...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The democrats obfuscation continues, the Michigan SOS has issued instructions to clerks to clear all voting machines of data. UNREAL!!!

This just ahead of of a judge ruling for forensic audits of votes.

The actions of democrats accross the country are not consistent with free, fair, and open elections, this is being shown to all. They are stealing the votes of the people...

Cite please.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    An electronic poll book manual issued by the Michigan Bureau of Elections in September 2020 reiterates this information should be deleted unless there is a need to keep it. A state memo from 2015 — when now state Sen. Ruth Johnson, R-Holly, was secretary of state — also notes "all files and programs associated with the installation and use of the (electronic poll book) be deleted no later than seven days after the canvass of the election."

What ruling?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom