Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    voting_software.png

As one who knows a thing or two about software development (yes, I've seen a thing or two), this pretty well captures it.

for the full experience (complete with hover text commentary): https://m.xkcd.com/2030/

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Yes, really. All you need to do is keep the filled out ballots on file and secure after they are scanned for whatever prescribed time the law says. My precinct uses the scantron "fill in the circle" sheet.

It is anonymous, not connected to any network nor able to be remotely modified by keyboard.

What do we have against simple paper ballot voting? It makes no sense.

You sound like someone who would install any app onto your phone without questioning if it's malicious or not. I am a techie at heart, but I absolutely hate that everything now requires some special "app" to do what can easily be done from a browser and I refuse install apps that don't come pre-installed on my phone because I cannot vet them. I use a browser for everything.

That's so 20th century. :):

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Jeez. That’s right. Would have beat “Tank” anyway. He was a putz and America knew it. But wasn’t that Willie Horton? Willie Brown is a California bat **** crazy far left politician. Anyway the press liked to claim it was the Willie Horton attack ads that Bush used as a dog whistle. No. It was the tank. Dukakis unwittingly revealed what a putz be was.

Yes... I meant Willie Horton.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I had hopes for him, but alas he was not a match for the deep state. There are two DOJ investigations and he declined to tell the American people about them until after the election. Good riddance.

Exactly, you know the democrats would've capitalized on that and back in 2016 they did. I think Republicans actually prefer to be the minority party then they don't have to actually produce. They are the most comfortable when they can rail against the democrats and sound so conservative I think it shocks them when they win and don't know what to do with it. The democrats on the other hand are not afraid to take action as detrimental as it is. I think the democrats are going to move with a sense of urgency as they know their time may be limited with the gaffe master in charge.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Exactly, you know the democrats would've capitalized on that and back in 2016 they did. I think Republicans actually prefer to be the minority party then they don't have to actually produce. They are the most comfortable when they can rail against the democrats and sound so conservative I think it shocks them when they win and don't know what to do with it. The democrats on the other hand are not afraid to take action as detrimental as it is. I think the democrats are going to move with a sense of urgency as they know their time may be limited with the gaffe master in charge.

What's the rush when you can flip any election in your favor?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

I believe you're right.

When Trump won I wrote all of my reps and begged them not to squander the opportunity... and then? They squandered the opportunity.

They should have left the government shut down from 1/2018 until right now if they had to. Cowards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom