Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So that would mean they took the 2020 estimated population to be 328K, so between 2018 and 2020, the population in Hamilton Co. shrunk?

riiiiiight.

So again... did the entire population of eligible voters come out?

National average is about 60%
    Those civic minded folks in Hamliton (or anywhere) pushed 100% to the polls?

24710.jpg

Congrats! - She's a beaut Clark.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    OK. Let's move to online voting. Time period to vote is XX days leading up to the election, you may change your vote at any time exception election day.

Oh hell no, HELL NO.

There is NO SECRECY or security using anything internet based, especially cell phones/apps.

I am not an IT security pro, but I have been a sysadmin for 20+ years and nothing is truly secure on the network. I have done some pentesting myself and even with my limited knowledge of network security and hacking, I can still gain access to some things I shouldn't be able to (kali linux and it's many pentesting abilities).

In person paper ballot is still the most secure and open method to vote. We need to scrap all this digital voting crap now.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh hell no, HELL NO.

There is NO SECRECY or security using anything internet based, especially cell phones/apps.

I am not an IT security pro, but I have been a sysadmin for 20+ years and nothing is truly secure on the network. I have done some pentesting myself and even with my limited knowledge of network security and hacking, I can still gain access to some things I shouldn't be able to (kali linux and it's many pentesting abilities).

In person paper ballot is still the most secure and open method to vote. We need to scrap all this digital voting crap now.

Is it? Is it really, or is it just considered that because it's what we know?

And this brings back around to my other point - who in Indiana is actually uses a paper ballot?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It could just be that both sides are correct: The democrats didn't cheat and the republicans have found indications of manipulation.

The Russians have hacked into Treasury and Commerce....and likely into the intelligence community. Who's to say they didn't somehow hack into the election?

It is the same hacks that have been involved in Russia! Russia! Russia! and telling us the damning information on Punter Bidens laptop bore the hallmarks of Russian disinformation all without a shred of proof

Why should we believe them this time? Is anyone claiming Apt 29 broke into voting machines? I think not, Democrats don't want to allow any hint of scandal associated with Joe's miracle

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The problem is there is no trust or goodwill left for our institutions from anyone. We flat out do not trust our institutions.

Take Michigan, a lawyer working a small country gets permission to forensically analyze voting systems for the voters and the Secretary of State fights the information release and the AG opens an investigation into the lawyer. This is banana republic BS.

If a smoking gun were produced the left would just repeat the Alpo line until the time was up.

That is why those like Tombs and myself keep asking, repeatedly, exactly what evidence would look like that would convince many of you there was significant fraud?

They're not the ones we need to convince, we need to convince the guys in the black robes

You know and I know Alpo is never going to be convinced there was something dirty about Joe's miracle

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Why are we arguing about Hamilton County voter turnout?

About 260k people registered. About 75% of those people showed ID (because that's the law we have) and voted (although they didn't all necessarily vote in each race). Estimates and percentages of estimates don't really come into play.

ETA:
    I skimmed the precinct counts and I think the highest turnout precincts were ~80%. That's a really good turnout, but also in line with what happens in a hugely emotional cycle.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Is it? Is it really, or is it just considered that because it's what we know?

And this brings back around to my other point - who in Indiana is actually uses a paper ballot?

Yes, really. All you need to do is keep the filled out ballots on file and secure after they are scanned for whatever prescribed time the law says. My precinct uses the scantron "fill in the circle" sheet.

It is anonymous, not connected to any network nor able to be remotely modified by keyboard.

What do we have against simple paper ballot voting? It makes no sense.

You sound like someone who would install any app onto your phone without questioning if it's malicious or not. I am a techie at heart, but I absolutely hate that everything now requires some special "app" to do what can easily be done from a browser and I refuse install apps that don't come pre-installed on my phone because I cannot vet them. I use a browser for everything.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The infrastructure necessary to ensure 100% non-fraudulent/non-mistaken voting is expensive and lacks secrecy. Basically, it is a system that involves being able to trace back who voted for whom.

At least, I haven't heard of a system better than ours (Indiana's) that retains sufficient data validation controls and is still a secret vote. If one is out there, I'm certainly open to it.

But that is only true for in person voting, whether early or election day, is it not? Can the system perform that trace back on a mail in vote?

The answer seems to be in person voting for all except the most extraordinary circumstances

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yes, really. All you need to do is keep the filled out ballots on file and secure after they are scanned for whatever prescribed time the law says. My precinct uses the scantron "fill in the circle" sheet.

It is anonymous, not connected to any network nor able to be remotely modified by keyboard.

What do we have against simple paper ballot voting? It makes no sense.

Let me detail problems:
    1. Incredibly labor intensive and expensive.
    2. Error prone (hanging chads, anyone?)
    3. Not secure. I'm reading all sorts of accounts of mysterious boxes of ballots, incorrectly scanned ballots, repeatedly scanned, etc., etc.
    4. So 18th century. I've never seen a paper ballot in my life; I've been voting since the 80s (but those early years were mock elections on actual machines)
    5. Everything else can be online, but not voting? Sounds like a sacred cow to me.

You sound like someone who would install any app onto your phone without questioning if it's malicious or not. I am a techie at heart, but I absolutely hate that everything now requires some special "app" to do what can easily be done from a browser and I refuse install apps that don't come pre-installed on my phone because I cannot vet them. I use a browser for everything.
    You know what they say about assuming... ;)

You know nothing about me, my education, career path, or my (flip) phone.

I'm not looking for a fight or making it personal, just exploring the possibilities.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It is the same hacks that have been involved in Russia! Russia! Russia! and telling us the damning information on Punter Bidens laptop bore the hallmarks of Russian disinformation all without a shred of proof

Why should we believe them this time? Is anyone claiming Apt 29 broke into voting machines? I think not, Democrats don't want to allow any hint of scandal associated with Joe's miracle

I'm not worried about "joe's miracle". I just don't see the democrats organized enough to commit anything on a large scale. Russians or Chinese? Yep. Now DHS admits it was hacked.

Read the papers today Bug.

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan

I used an ink pen to fill in circles on a paper ballot. Just like every other year.

It even had some scannable code on it so it could theoretically be traced back to me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is what makes the problem so intractable - we can't even get one state to unify voting method, much less the whole country.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom