The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Start with Manafort.

Either you or Kut and going to look foolish in a few months on this issue. I'm gonna ride with Billy Dee. Bye.

MpyaP5h.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes. That’ll work. List them.

I see no reason, because people have been charged with crimes, unless you are disputing that they have. And if that's the case, I see no reason why we are having this conversation, because you haven't informed yourself reasonably.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Are you referring to Fitzgerald's prosecution attempt to kick Bush out? Where he knew who leaked Valerie Plame's name before starting his investigation of who leaked her name? You know, the one they tried to nail Bush and Cheney on and at the end only got Scooter Libby for changing a story when being interviewed by the FBI repeatedly?

what you do is setup a false pretense to get an investigation started, then look for process crimes to charge someone with and then off them immunity for the REAL dirt you have zero evidence of.

it's a pathetic partisan coup attempt. They know there is no Russian collusion, and never was. Wait until we find the trump dossier paid for by Hillary was used to get the FISA warrant that started all of this.

HUGE scandal

You all are sayin: that is not how our justice system works.

I would largely agree, except special prosecutors have been used in the past. I think it smacks of the Inquisition and should not be used. But I also don't like FISA courts with the latitude they have, most of the Patriot Act, secretly impaneled grand juries and probably one or two vagaries of the law that I don't know about or have forgotten to mention.

But, Mueller is there. He's "found" something. It now has to run its course. I seriously doubt whether the Russians affected our election to any great degree other than through utilization of internet shills. And, based on all of the bad acts on our side over the years, why would we expect anything less from our "non-friends"?

"Whataboutism". The new buzz word. The fact of the matter is, when you have to compare two variables, and one of them is historic, you are going to get a comparison. Duh. And, please give it a rest. BENGHAZI!!!!! was your war cry for years. Still is.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Richard Armitage admits to leaking Valerie Plame's name to Novak. Karl Rove confirmed the information and was Novak's second source for the story. Is there any doubt in your mind about that? Is there any mitigating circumstances that you see in leaking the name of an active CIA operative?

But, that is not the point. Special prosecutors go back to the 19th Century. I could find 5 references to presidents who utilized them pre-Watergate: Grant, Garfield, Roosevelt, Coolidge and Truman. I assume you are sufficiently familiar with Watergate and post-Watergate not to list them all, but you may remember that there were 2 dozen or so both during and after the Ethics in Government Act.

Your "false premise" theory carries no weight and contravenes facts. It is not a matter of debate, it seems.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My point is Fitzgerald knew who leaked it before he started investigating who leaked it

same with this fake Russia crap. You make a false pretense, start an investigation, and bring down anyone you can

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So looked a few hours of CNN
    1. President Trump did “it” no matter what.
    2. President DJT is a racist on the order of Genghis Khan.
    3. The 4.1 % unemployment rate is in spite of President DJT.
    4. The snowstorm in the south and the wildfires in CA are the result of President DJT’s pulling out of the Paris accord.
    5. People who voted for President DJT are not very smart cause it looks like the Moore guy in AL is going to win so all Trump voters are dumb.

CNN is out of control really it makes MSNBC look right wing.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Start with Manafort.

Either you or Kut and going to look foolish in a few months on this issue. I'm gonna ride with Billy Dee. Bye.

I have little doubt that Manafort will be convicted of money laundering... but colluding with the Russians to influence the election? Nada... If you're looking for someone who colluded to "mainstream" dirt on their opponents to influence the eletion, in fact PAID RUSSIANS WITH CONNECTIONS TO THE GOVERNMENT for the crap... well that would be Hillary and the DNC in conspiracy with Fusion GPS.

Interesting that you can in one breathe use Manafort to justify Mueller, but in the next characterize Whitewater as nothing but a political witch hunt... FIFTEEN people went to prison over the Whitewater development scam, EVERYONE around the Clintons, EVERYONE they did business with... ALL of them. And the bank they milked dry for their own benefit, $4 million. Oh, and that investigation started with a bank examiner coming forward with EVIDENCE OF BANK CRIME, which is what all of Bill and Hillary's cronies were convicted of... embezzlement, bank loan fraud, etc. All of this occurred over a period of almost a decade.

Or, are you betting your money that Trump was in cahoots with Manafort in money laundering since 2006?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Mueller was told about Manafort back in 2012 when he was FBI director. He then used that knowledge he did not prosecute then to go after him now.

this whole thing is pathetic

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Fake News of the day- Washington Post edition:

The Washington Post reporter David Weigel tweeted pictures of a largely empty arena from Pres. Trump's rally in Pensacola, FL. As is his style, when he found out about it, Trump called out the lie:

@DaveWeigel @WashingtonPost put out a phony photo of an empty arena hours before I arrived @ the venue, w/ thousands of people outside, on their way in. Real photos now shown as I spoke. Packed house, many people unable to get in. Demand apology & retraction from FAKE NEWS WaPo!
    DQov0hCWkAATjA8.jpg

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 9, 2017

Apparently, the pictures were actually from before the rally started and the building was not yet full. To his credit, Weigel apologized and pulled the tweet. Too bad the journalist didn't check his info first.

Oddly, CNN refuses to apologize for yesterday's Fake News of the day. They also refuse to identify the source of their erroneous info or answer if they've relied on other tips from these same source(s) in the past.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Fake news.
    I know the phrase is catchy and all, but I really long for the days when people would just say "X is not true and here is why".

I really find the phrase to be devoid of any actual definition other than "don't feel like making an actual argument" so I generally don't really pay attention anyone using it to justify their position.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I have little doubt that Manafort will be convicted of money laundering... but colluding with the Russians to influence the election? Nada... If you're looking for someone who colluded to "mainstream" dirt on their opponents to influence the eletion, in fact PAID RUSSIANS WITH CONNECTIONS TO THE GOVERNMENT for the crap... well that would be Hillary and the DNC in conspiracy with Fusion GPS.

Interesting that you can in one breathe use Manafort to justify Mueller, but in the next characterize Whitewater as nothing but a political witch hunt... FIFTEEN people went to prison over the Whitewater development scam, EVERYONE around the Clintons, EVERYONE they did business with... ALL of them. And the bank they milked dry for their own benefit, $4 million. Oh, and that investigation started with a bank examiner coming forward with EVIDENCE OF BANK CRIME, which is what all of Bill and Hillary's cronies were convicted of... embezzlement, bank loan fraud, etc. All of this occurred over a period of almost a decade.

Or, are you betting your money that Trump was in cahoots with Manafort in money laundering since 2006?

I don't remember a time I mentioned Whitewater on this site. I may be wrong, but I doubt it. So, why do you cast those aspersions my way?

Or is this a typical shotgun response where, buried somewhere within, is the real thrust of your idea.

Come out of hiding then.

I do not know which pellet to pick at.

One thing I know I have said before and a lawyer or two agreed with me: You cannot excuse a crime because someone else did a different crime. That went out the window in second grade when you're dad "unfairly" beat the bejaysus out of you for some offense, but your brother got off scott free when he broke the basement window with a bowling ball.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know the phrase is catchy and all, but I really long for the days when people would just say "X is not true and here is why".

I really find the phrase to be devoid of any actual definition other than "don't feel like making an actual argument" so I generally don't really pay attention anyone using it to justify their position.

It would have been nice to have heard this said prior than today, no?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Fake news.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nati...osecutor-who-almost-lost-iraq-arthur-l-herman

and a WaPo article if you need other refefences

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...oter-libby-conviction/?utm_term=.4f367c951d9b

here's my proof, where is yours?

Lies about lies, whole thing was bogus

yep.

kut still won't acknowledge you don't investigate a person looking for a crime. At least not in Amerika

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom