The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    It's not on par. Just classified such.

When every act that could be construed as sexual contact requires "explicit consent", then shouldn't most men be classified as sexual assaulters?

In my youth, I went for second base on more than one occasion, only to be shut down. I accepted this rejection, yet I had never obtained explicit consent before making my move. Was I guilty of sexual assault?

It's like racism these days. When suddenly everything from university names to the Dukes of Hazard is racist, then nothing is.

It diminishes the victims of actual REAL racism and actual REAL sexual assault when acts that are done with no malice and do no actual harm are "just classified as such".:rolleyes:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When every act that could be construed as sexual contact requires "explicit consent", then shouldn't most men be classified as sexual assaulters?

In my youth, I went for second base on more than one occasion, only to be shut down. I accepted this rejection, yet I had never obtained explicit consent before making my move. Was I guilty of sexual assault?

It's like racism these days. When suddenly everything from university names to the Dukes of Hazard is racist, then nothing is.

It diminishes the victims of actual REAL racism and actual REAL sexual assault when acts that are done with no malice and do no actual harm are "just classified as such".:rolleyes:

Well that's the thing. When you know you're going too far, you've probably gone too far. In this age it's like there has to be a signed contract between two individuals to even make out. That's insane. Going to second base, getting rejected, and continuing on to third? That's where the line is crossed.

I'm not advocating insane standards. I'm just saying, if she ain't all that into you, you know when you've gone too far. Also, I'd say there's different standards for teens than adults. Teens are experimenting and hormonal and just trying to figure things out. A teen's life shouldn't be ruined just because he (and it is a he we're really talking about here) misunderstood some queues. But clearly there should be consequences for going too far.

This isn't black and white. There are shades of grey. But still I think people know when they've gone too far. Franken knew what he was doing. he was just being an *******. And Roy Moore knew what he was doing too. He was being a ****ing creep. That dude had/has problems.

As far as classification as sexual assault goes, there is a severity for assault. A brutal rape isn't the same as molestation. Groping isn't as severe as the other forms of sexual assault. And you know very well that Franken forcing his tongue in her mouth wasn't the same as a teenage boy exploring the boundaries of how far he can get with his date. It's my understanding she was married, but even if she weren't, it was clear the encounter did not happen in the context of a dating relationship. There's a clear line that he crossed.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    If fondling without "explicit consent" is sexual assault, on par with intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, and attempted rape, we better get busy building juvenile detention centers cause there's a crapton of middle school aged boys who will need to be locked up.

And how many bazzilion petabytes of storage will we need to set aside for the sexual offender registry?

Sexual assault is a very broad category. No one is saying rape is the same thing as copping a feel.

As as far as the explicit consent, take it up with DOJ. They wrote the definition. As far as whether that is reasonable, I would say sure. The girl playing along means she is participating. Or to put it another way, complicity is explicity.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here is a little jewel from Al Franken's past...Now imagine if a Republican had said this????

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1976/4/16/live-from-new-york-its-al/

He recalled writing a skit called "Seamen on Broadway" that was rejected from the Hasty Pudding show "by some preppie so they could take some other preppie's skit." Franken started to smile again, but his tone was serious, too serious. "It's not preppies, cause I'm a preppie myself. I just don't like homosexuals. If you ask me, they're all homosexuals in the Pudding. Hey, I was glad when that Pudding homosexual got killed in Philadelphia." The smile became so broad it pushed his eyes shut. He couldn't stand it any longer. "Put that in, put that in," Franken laughed, leaning over the desk. "I'd love to see that in The Crimson."

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    GettyImages-2279702-682x1024.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    This is all well and good. Shame on Franken for acting like an eighth grader.

I'm interested in what form of punishment is deserved....and why we don't propose worse for Trump since he has a history of grabbing girls by the crotch.

Show your work.....

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

I'm interested in what form of punishment is deserved....and why we don't propose worse for Trump since he has a history of grabbing girls by the crotch.

Show your work.....

I thoroughly dislike Al Franken but being unfunny is something he's had to deal with his whole life. Not sure why anyone would really think differently. The man is a tool except tools are useful. Having said that I don't see anything he did that rises to the level of Weinerstein, Spacey, a certain former president, etc. Believe me I would love to dogpile on him but this wouldn't be right. Maybe when he assaulted the conservative at the Dem rally during one of the last election cycles, can't remember which. That might have been a good time to go after him but he was under Dem protection then. As for Trump, the only thing that's ever been proven is that he has a big mouth and talks trash way too much.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Show your work.....

History of grabbing girls by the crotch? Show your evidence. Bonus points for pictures/video and sleeping/unconscious women.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You want a tape of what he said?
    Please describe why your personal hero is not a sexual predator. (said in the same manner as your "You do know what evidence is, don't you?") remark.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-sexual-assault-accusers_us_5a0ee06be4b0dd63b1a9e27e

Trump's Sexual Assault Accusers Demand Justice in the #MeToo Era | PEOPLE.com

It's ok to not know the difference between allegations and evidence. Like when someone makes emotional comments accusing an anonymous person on the internet of having a "personal hero." You see, that would be an allegation. That's different than, say, a stained blue dress, a text to a teenage girl or a photo of someone groping a sleeping woman.

Nobody can know or understand everything. The point is to learn. I hope you come to understand the difference between talk and hard evidence someday.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    A typical ploy by the sex offender is to deny that the acts occurred and that the "allegations" have no basis in reality.

Sorry, this isn't the presidential debate, I'm not Bill Clinton and the women you bring up have no bearing on whether there are more than adequate "allegations" to accuse the president of sexual assault.

When does an allegation become evidence? How about when it is in the form of a written statement, submitted in a lawsuit? IANAL, so you might be putting too fine a point on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom