The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The point, I'm making, is that most guys have probably been denied a first kiss with a girl. They may have gotten the wrong impression but, it happens. Most people don't bend at the hip and kiss lip to lip like those cute kid pictures. They typically grab a gal by the hips, pull her close and try to plant on her. If she denies the kiss, it used to not be a big deal, other than bruised pride. NOW, though, it's arguable that such an instance may be construed as sexual assault. If a chick pops up years later, and says, you grabbed her, and tried to give her a unwanted kiss, she's telling the truth, though the dynamic of the time might be a mitigating circumstance, if she's out to burn your house down, she potentially can.

I think that's a stretch. Reasonable Man steps in and says he thought she was into him, and he obviously misunderstood it. What are the circumstances? Were they on a date or in the office? Had she previously appeared receptive, or tried to resist his advances. Most guys have done what you are talking about, and I don't think a jury awards any money for that one. But Reasonable Man also respectfully backs away when it is clear she doesn't want it. Reasonable Man also doesn't try to grab Sleeping Beauty's boobs.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Big media can spin this however they want, but I think most any man has the ability to read the body language of NO.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .....I guess we are figuring out how to shrink government. Get rid of all the pervs!

Hey now, it's SHRINK government, NOT totally eliminate it. What are you some kind of anarchist?

Big media can spin this however they want, but I think most any man has the ability to read the body language of NO.

Unless you are a sexual degenerate then it's fair game. Like 13 years olds. (I recently learned this on INGO)

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    The point, I'm making, is that most guys have probably been denied a first kiss with a girl. They may have gotten the wrong impression but, it happens. Most people don't bend at the hip and kiss lip to lip like those cute kid pictures. They typically grab a gal by the hips, pull her close and try to plant on her. If she denies the kiss, it used to not be a big deal, other than bruised pride. NOW, though, it's arguable that such an instance may be construed as sexual assault. If a chick pops up years later, and says, you grabbed her, and tried to give her a unwanted kiss, she's telling the truth, though the dynamic of the time might be a mitigating circumstance, if she's out to burn your house down, she potentially can.

I've kissed... ummm... "several" women and did have one last moment face turn that meant it landed on the cheek. Luckily that was very early on. Lol!

I get what you're saying...

But, all of the above are different from Franken... she told him no several times, and according the her interview, said they agreed to "turn their heads" so it would look like a kiss without there being any kissing. He then suddenly grabbed her head and forced his tongue into her mouth so it was a "forced kiss", not a miscommunication, again, by her account.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

The definition of "sexual assault" has passed global warming as the biggest threat to the continuation of our species.:rolleyes:

I told my son when he left for college 2 years ago to always check a girl's ID, and to maybe think about getting some permission slips printed up with a baseball diamond on them. The girl could check off the bases indicating the degree of allowable contact, sign, date, and get the agreement notarized.

He shot down my idea. He said the only girls that would turn on are the ones in pre-law.;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Roy Moore should bow out. And he should also apologize to those women. About Al Franken. I think whatever Democrats would demand of a Republican accused of doing the same thing, that's the thing that should happen to Franken.

Sexual assault.

Did he touch her, or are you considering the kiss to be actionable?

He shoved his tongue down her throat after she had indicated she didn't want it. When she was sleeping he touched her private parts. And had the photographer take his photo with the **** eating grin.

It's interesting what you choose to defend.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Good one. I'm a prude because I think a woman shouldn't be groped in her sleep by someone she has already turned away.

Nah. Since she posed nude, she's fair game for anyone who wants to grope her. You want a piece? Just grab her by the *****. No moral issue there. She sells her body anyway. Of course it doesn't matter if she didn't sell it to you. You're entitled.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Roy Moore should bow out. And he should also apologize to those women. About Al Franken. I think whatever Democrats would demand of a Republican accused of doing the same thing, that's the thing that should happen to Franken.

He shoved his tongue down her throat after she had indicated she didn't want it. When she was sleeping he touched her private parts. And had the photographer take his photo with the **** eating grin.

It's interesting what you choose to defend.

Just so I'm clear, are we calling the Franken instance sexual assault?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just so I'm clear, are we calling the Franken instance sexual assault?

DoJ has a definition for sexual assault. She said he grabbed her by the back of her head and shoved her face against his, and stuck his tongue in her mouth. He also grabbed her boobs while she was sleeping and had a photographer photograph him doing it. In 2006, would he have been arrested for that? No.

But just so we're clear, you good with that?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    DoJ has a definition for sexual assault. She said he grabbed her by the back of her head and shoved her face against his, and stuck his tongue in her mouth. He also grabbed her boobs while she was sleeping and had a photographer photograph him doing it. In 2006, would he have been arrested for that? No.

But just so we're clear, you good with that?

He has apologized both to the victim and the public in general. The victim has reportedly accepted his apology. Does there really need to be any more to it?

People do childish, stupid things. Franken, at least, appears to be trying to deal with his previous childishness in an adult manner.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    When you criticize others for what you do like Senator Al has you can’t just walk away.

Senator Al was 55 years old when he acted childish and stupid.

• Franken: "'I Give The Pills To Lesley Stahl. Then When Lesley's Passed Out, I Take Her To The Closet And Rape Her." (Amanda Hess, "Five Rape Jokes Not To Tell (If You Want A Future)," Washington City Paper , 6/3/09)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Comedy writing as it stood 22 years ago. Do you think it got better?

Remember that in 1957 "Wake up Little Susie" was banned in Boston.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When you criticize others for what you do like Senator Al has you can’t just walk away.

Senator Al was 55 years old when he acted childish and stupid.

• Franken: "'I Give The Pills To Lesley Stahl. Then When Lesley's Passed Out, I Take Her To The Closet And Rape Her." (Amanda Hess, "Five Rape Jokes Not To Tell (If You Want A Future)," Washington City Paper , 6/3/09)

I suppose. Sure. If you look for hypocrisy you'll certainly find in aplenty in DC. I'm no fan of Al Frankin. I wouldn't vote for him if I could, and this whole thing really has no bearing about how I view him...it was already generally negative. I just see this whole thing as a minor issue involving two adults, and they seem to be willing to put it behind them.

Does there need to be anything more to it? Why?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Nothing will be done in the legal realm about any of the sexual assault/abuse frenzy.
    It did knock Senator AL right out of the 2020 race.
    Senator AL will get a stern talking to and letter from the other Senators along with “sensitivity training”

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom