The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is a very educational thread. Kind of exposes a sort of mentality, eh?

harvey-weinstein-3.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    For instance, that picture. I don't know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesn't matter. There's no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isn't funny. It's completely inappropriate. It's obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, what's more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by it—women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    “And the truth is, what people think of me in light of this is far less important than what people think of women who continue to come forward to tell their stories. They deserve to be heard, and believed. And they deserve to know that I am their ally and supporter. I have let them down and am committed to making it up to them.”

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    And she is no victim, amigo. That woman knows exactly what she's doing. I just think she has a lot of stones pulling the victim card after those fotos. But, she is a professional poker player......

And yes, I do see a difference between Franken's actions and that of a 30+ year old man assaulting 15 year olds. Big difference.

So if a woman is groped without her consent, she is a ________.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Uhhhh well, yeah?

What if she's wearing a sweatshirt? Or does the weight of the fabric determine whether or not it is a touch. Or maybe if I grab away at our secretary at work it's ok, as long as she is wearing some type of covering.

Besides, I'm pretty sure her husband has seen her naked. So yeah, totally has it coming.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And she is no victim, amigo. That woman knows exactly what she's doing. I just think she has a lot of stones pulling the victim card after those fotos. But, she is a professional poker player......

And yes, I do see a difference between Franken's actions and that of a 30+ year old man assaulting 15 year olds. Big difference.

So every woman who has ever posed nekked for a magazine is just fair game. So if you're a celebrity, and she's out of your league. WTF. Just grab her by the ***** anyway, eh? I mean. What she gonna do. She's obviously a slut and deserves it, right?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The lengths people go to to protect their tribe. Sheesh.

No....maybe I see a need to maybe find a point where things aren't cool, but still understand that boys will be boys without attempting to turn them into man-bunned metrosexuals?

A 30+ year old guy having sex with a 15 year old is clearly wrong. A 40+ year old guy aping a lech in a foto with a Playboy playmate-type girl doesn't bother me all that much. She sells sex for a living.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Todd Young and Joe Donnelly have asked for Roy Moore to pull out of the senate race on the "say so" of women from 4 decades ago.

Al Franken has a substantiated photograph of him touching a woman sexually without her consent.

It's important to know Young and Donnelly's official stance on this.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    What if she's wearing a sweatshirt? Or does the weight of the fabric determine whether or not it is a touch. Or maybe if I grab away at our secretary at work it's ok, as long as she is wearing some type of covering.

Besides, I'm pretty sure her husband has seen her naked. So yeah, totally has it coming.

She's not. .

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Because you want to broaden the conversation without making points. Asking questions without stating an opinion might work for ATM. It doesn't fit anyone else very well.

I'm just trying to figure out on what basis you think she is not a victim. I see no reason to apply a different standard to her than I would anyone else. But maybe she is different. Maybe just anybody has the right to walk up to her and grab her breasts. Enlighten me.

By the way, I don't know what your fascination is with ATM. But unless his real name is Socrates, he isn't the first person in the last 2,500 years to use questions to shred an opponents argument. I'll grant I'm not the best at it, but you do make it easy.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    How about the testimony of the girls he raped? Or is their word not good enough for you?

And would you really want pics?

My understanding is there are no accusations of rape....I think one 23 year old said he grabbed her butt and one girl who was underage that he ran his hands over her body....

My grandfather was in his 20's when he married my grandmother. She was 16 years old...They had been dating for a bit before then.....Loretta Lynn began dating Doolittle Lynn when she was 14 years old....Bob Weir began dating his wife when she was 15 years old...Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin.....Elvis began dating Priscilla when she was 14 years old....

I am not saying this is something I would do but men that I admire and have respect for have dated women much younger than themselves and at an early age...I remember reading Roots and in the tribe Kunta Kinte came from the men were 30 years old before they could marry and the girls were 15 years old....I always figure it's because it takes men to get to 30 to have the common sense a woman has at 15 years old....Alex Haley kind of hinted at that as well...By 30 the man would be better equipped to take care of a family....

Now a happily married father of two daughters, Weir says he spent 30 years "shopping around" before settling down. He met his wife Natascha after a show when she was 15 years old and she sneaked backstage.Apr 25, 2014

img_2529.jpg

Tom T Hall once sang of it....

[video=youtube;vnvMcX95G20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnvMcX95G20[/video]

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom