The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Your slip is showing.

Mistakes are made all the time. We've got line officers who put more men at risk and in harms way for much more dubious reasons than an ambassador getting fried in Libya. For example, I haven't heard much about the Nigeria situation. Is it because Obama/Clinton weren't involved? Hmmm?

Check you sources... Special Forces advisers have been on the ground in and around the region since Boko Haram abducted all those school girls. The mission started UNDER Obama. That is not a criticism, actually the opposite, it's a rare good move. I 100% support the mission.

IMO, the media criticisms are mostly in the wrong vein, "why didn't they have armored humvees? Or heavy weapons?" It shows ignorance of SF operations.

The VALID CRITICISM is why wasn't there air support, minimum an armed drone, nearby? That was a f**kup. Unlike Benghazi, heads will roll, at a minimum some officers' careers will end. They will be lucky if they are merely "invited" to retire. If they failed to follow SOPs, which appears likely, dereliction of duty charges are possible, i.e. military prison time.

No such accountability for Benghazi.

Get a grip on proportion, please. Your hatred of Obama and Clinton makes you believe that everyone on the other side hates Trump equally.

I don't really give a damn about him. I hope he gets out of office without doing anything to jeopardize my family, but otherwise he's about as interesting as a Kardashian, which isn't very interesting at all.

waramcas.gif

tl;dr: What Woobie said, just with a lot more words. :)

Those line officers wind up in Leavenworth.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Check you sources... Special Forces advisers have been on the ground in and around the region since Boko Haram abducted all those school girls. The mission started UNDER Obama. That is not a criticism, actually the opposite, it's a rare good move. I 100% support the mission.

IMO, the media criticisms are mostly in the wrong vein, "why didn't they have armored humvees? Or heavy weapons?" It shows ignorance of SF operations.

The VALID CRITICISM is why wasn't there air support, minimum an armed drone, nearby? That was a f**kup. Unlike Benghazi, heads will roll, at a minimum some officers' careers will end. They will be lucky if they are merely "invited" to retire. If they failed to follow SOPs, which appears likely, dereliction of duty charges are possible, i.e. military prison time.

No such accountability for Benghazi.

tl;dr: What Woobie said, just with a lot more words. :)

You didn't need to spend $27 million and 3 or 4 congressional committees to determine culpability. If the Benghazi investigations were about Stevens, then I might care. They weren't. They were about th 2016 election. That stinks.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    You didn't need to spend $27 million and 3 or 4 congressional committees to determine culpability. If the Benghazi investigations were about Stevens, then I might care. They weren't. They were about th 2016 election. That stinks.

I agree with you there, the congressional investigations were about political theater. They should have been about culpability and the dereliction of duty on the part of the Secretary of State to provide adequate security for diplomatic missions. By law, it is the SoS's duty. In fact, it is LISTED FIRST (1)(A) in the responsibilities of the office:

22 U.S. Code § 4802 - Responsibility of Secretary of State
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/22/4802

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Your slip is showing.

Mistakes are made all the time. We've got line officers who put more men at risk and in harms way for much more dubious reasons than an ambassador getting fried in Libya. For example, I haven't heard much about the Nigeria situation. Is it because Obama/Clinton weren't involved? Hmmm?

Get a grip on proportion, please. Your hatred of Obama and Clinton makes you believe that everyone on the other side hates Trump equally.

I don't really give a damn about him. I hope he gets out of office without doing anything to jeopardize my family, but otherwise he's about as interesting as a Kardashian, which isn't very interesting at all.

You're really putting a lot of effort into saying it doesn't matter. And the inclusion of Trump in the discussion is merely an observation of your and other people's behavior. You have not correctly discerned my thoughts on that. I'll likely have to remind you of your disinterest in future conversations.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I agree with you there, the congressional investigations were about political theater. They should have been about culpability and the dereliction of duty on the part of the Secretary of State to provide adequate security for diplomatic missions. By law, it is the SoS's duty. In fact, it is LISTED FIRST (1)(A) in the responsibilities of the office:

22 U.S. Code § 4802 - Responsibility of Secretary of State
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/22/4802
    Already performed by the Accountability Review Board. As you say, the rest was theatre and a few people on INGO continue to enjoy repubilcan theatre noir.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You're really putting a lot of effort into saying it doesn't matter. And the inclusion of Trump in the discussion is merely an observation of your and other people's behavior. You have not correctly discerned my thoughts on that. I'll likely have to remind you of your disinterest in future conversations.

Well, it is sometimes difficult to discern what you are saying when the censor *******'s many of your sentences. My first reaction is that any more than one **** is a rant.

In the grand scheme of things, one life sacrificed in the name of the ideals of this country must be viewed in the context of the others who have sacrificed their lives for the same ideals and may have had less control over whether they were to go into harms way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom