The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This reminds me of a Three Stooges bit (or maybe it was Abbott & Costello) re: drawing a line in the sand. Every time the guy stepped over the line, the fat guy would step back and draw another line to be crossed.

Fox News made a billion dollars on Benghazi...and there is nothing there (Master of the House libretto from Les Miserables). Now you'd like to go back to cigars. And then what?....Carter and Iran?

You brought 9-11 to the conversation, they HAD the intelligence to act on it prior and didn't.
    Bill Clinton DIRECTLY went against the intelligence and info and let bin laden go on about his business... we see how that worked out.
    NOW fast forward..... the state department (led by hitlary clinton) had intelligence and info PRIOR to those men getting killed and they could have gotten them out prior or increased their defenses and DIDN'T. If that's not a ****up of epic proportions I don't know what is.

I understand your hatred of the democratic party. Perhaps Churchmouse could have them design a special emoticon so you could express it with just one click.

Dude, again, I voted for 2 in the last local election because I know them and they are good people.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You brought 9-11 to the conversation, they HAD the intelligence to act on it prior and didn't.
    Bill Clinton DIRECTLY went against the intelligence and info and let bin laden go on about his business... we see how that worked out.
    NOW fast forward..... the state department (led by hitlary clinton) had intelligence and info PRIOR to those men getting killed and they could have gotten them out prior or increased their defenses and DIDN'T. If that's not a ****up of epic proportions I don't know what is.

Dude, again, I voted for 2 in the last local election because I know them and they are good people.

The ambassador knew the risk going into an unprotected area. Sure local security was arranged but that's what ambassadors do in friendly places like....Tahiti...not in the anarchic situation in Libya. The ambassador was the one who was ultimately responsible for his own security and paid the ultimate price. The CIA really had nothing to do with the objectives of the ambassador. It is fortunate they were there and could save as many personnel as they did.

Stevens made a strategic error. He should have known better. I don't hold the JCS, SoD, SOS or president responsible for that error. And, realistically, it wouldn't have made a bit of difference if there was a republican in the White House at the time.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I get that from Democrats too and I point out how many Democrats I vote for in our local elections and like you there are usually a couple of Blue Dogs I pull for and point that out...I then say, "So how many Republicans did you vote for last time?"

Crickets......

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You have to have considerable income and have a big, expensive house for state income tax and property tax deductions to exceed the standard deduction... doubly so since the Republican tax overhaul aims to double the standard deduction... in other words, they primarily benefit the well-to-do. So why is the mainstream media against putting the ax to these deductions? Oh, yeah, blue state tax welfare.

Senate plan to scrap income and property tax deductions would be a blow to Californians - LA Times

Yesssss! It is entertaining and enlightening to see the many folks on the left, who reflexively decry any tax cut accrueing to the wealthy (who pay most of the taxes) as "tax cuts for the rich", topologically contort themselves in support of these deductions which overwhelmingly benefit the pointy end of the wealth pyramid. Whose ox gets gored, indeed

I look forward to no longer being forced to subsidize the tax bill of people living in places like Basking Ridge, who I believe can afford to pay their taxes if they can afford the house there. That it means I may pay a bit more in tax because of where I live, c'est la guerre

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    See? There you go. No facts. 2 or 3 congressional committees tried to staple that to her and they couldn't. You are wrong on facts and claims, amigo.

Modern day Al[ice] Capone; many indictments, few convictions, in bed with those who should prosecute her crimes and a trail of bodies laid out behind

So you're saying Capone was only guilty of tax evasion?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You are the one seemingly asserting that investigation without indictment somehow equals lack of guilt (except where Trump is concerned)

I merely refer to a familiar counterexample, in which most facts are now known, to provide an alternative narrative

Isn't the term "straw man" inherently sexist, misogynist and heteronormative?
    :)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Au contraire, mon frere. I said I will await indictments before I say "I told you so" with the president. You seem dissatisfied that the millions spent by the GOP in the form of congressional investigation committees didn't yield and indictment of the SoS for Benghazi, despite all the truth you heard on Fox News.

Better luck with the next democratic administration.

But now, the shoe is on the other foot and there are miles to go before I sleep.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The ambassador knew the risk going into an unprotected area. Sure local security was arranged but that's what ambassadors do in friendly places like....Tahiti...not in the anarchic situation in Libya. The ambassador was the one who was ultimately responsible for his own security and paid the ultimate price. The CIA really had nothing to do with the objectives of the ambassador. It is fortunate they were there and could save as many personnel as they did.

Stevens made a strategic error. He should have known better. I don't hold the JCS, SoD, SOS or president responsible for that error. And, realistically, it wouldn't have made a bit of difference if there was a republican in the White House at the time.

Stevens made a strategic error alright. In January of 2009, he failed to say, "F**k you, I quit!"

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    He entered a war zone unprepared. Ultimately, the go/no-go tradeoffs are his to deal with. He had the best of intentions, of course. But the road to Hell is paved with them, aren't they?

It isn't much different than asking you to head out at 2 a.m. with your med kit and no police protection into the worst gang-infested section of a city to save a life. Would you do it? I certainly hope you would not without a high degree of tactical support.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My memory of the faacts is foggy, I admit that.

But wasn't the consulate overrun and burned? How does that have anything to do with him going out somewhere without support?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The residence was not defended by American marines. It wasn't really a good defensive redoubt in any case. His reliance upon local militia in an area where there were many different warlords with a number of competing interests and objectives was ill-conceived. Probably, it wasn't given much thought at all.

I think Stevens was optimistic about Libya's liberation and truly believed he could help. His outreach into Benghazi was way ahead of itself.

The Ahmed Khattala trial is underway and while I don't think it has been established that Ahmed is a member of Al Queda, it is clear he is a fundamentalist that hates Americans and sought an opportunity to inflict as much possible damage as was practicable to American assets in the area.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Looks like some of the “elder” members think that the Benghazi is current affairs.

Lets see if I can get then to hear me?

ITS 2017 DONALD TRUMP IS PRESIDENT!

I hope they heard me?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I get that from Democrats too and I point out how many Democrats I vote for in our local elections and like you there are usually a couple of Blue Dogs I pull for and point that out...I then say, "So how many Republicans did you vote for last time?"

Crickets......

Well. Define "Republican".

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Looks like some of the “elder” members think that the Benghazi is current affairs.

Lets see if I can get then to hear me?

ITS 2017 DONALD TRUMP IS PRESIDENT!

I hope they heard me?

You read the papers young man? There is a trial going on with REAL news and data.

PS> the space below this post is available for anything you'd like to talk about, including complaints about a previous post.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom