The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    But no thoughts on the actual content because as we've seen a good number of these leaks have actuall been shown to be true. In fact the White House has had to adjust their story multiple times once they have been proven to be accurate. It seems that you initially had some of the very thoughts with regards to the early reports on the Transgender Military Ban, but then later after enough proof agreed that they were accurate as well. As bad as leaks are they also can be a result of whistle blowing which as a society we have embraced because we have found value in what we learn from that.

My memory of that and yours are very different.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The crux of the issue is mismanagement not resources.

They have actually gone hand in hand based on the information I've read. You don't have enough resources from the get go but yet your given bonuses to schedule more appointments. Well if the doctors aren't there from the get go then how can you possibly schedule more appointments? Well that ain't keeping me from getting my bonus. Mismanagement ok, lack of resources definitely.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The misuse of funds is so rampant how can anyone get a clear understanding of what resources are necessary?

I'm sure there's all kinds of problems, but the ballooning of the demands on the system since the early 2000's just completely overwhelmed them. And all I remember reading time and time again is how we failed to allocate enough resources to meet the increasing demand.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    All I'm saying is to first get rid of the crooks and abusers and let's see where that leaves us. Then we can allocate resources as necessary.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    All I'm saying is to first get rid of the crooks and abusers and let's see where that leaves us. Then we can allocate resources as necessary.

Either way if Trump and his administration fix this I would be eternally grateful for it. I think he has employed some extremely capable people. Most of which I disagree with, however fixing this would be a very good thing.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Term limits would be a damned good start. No more Grahm/McCain/Collins...

And, do away with retirement benefits for congress-critters. It would save a little bit on money (not much versus the spending), but more importantly, to do away with the idea of "career politicians". You serve for awhile, then you live under the same laws as everyone else.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The skirt ruffling per say has everything to do with Trumps Policy by Tweet. Just one more example of how incompetent he trully is.

White House: Trump "Weighed In" on Son's Russia statement.

Funny I thought Trumps lawyer not too long ago said Trump had no part in this? How can this possibly be true?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-as-any-father-would/?utm_term=.fbf28d47f969

Nope. Trump's lawyer stated that Trump did not draft or dictate the response. He gave advice, very different. But spin it how you like, while bashing Trump for doing the same. From your link...
    “The president was not — did not — draft the response,” Trump's attorney Jay Sekulow said on “Meet the Press” in an interview July 16."

Please explain this one to me... if I understand correctly, Wheeler told people that he had an FBI source confirming that Rich had been in email contact with WikiLeaks and Wheeler confirmed this on air. He was the sole source for this allegation. Yet, somehow, other's made this up so now he's suing? Whaaaaatttt?

Don't forget #Racism. That is part of the lawsuit also.

Appears that Trump maybe lying again. Ah, who you going to believe? In this case unfortunately I've chosen to believe a foreign leader before I believe Trump.

President of Mexico claims he didn't call him after all.

Mexican president Enrique Pena*Nieto*denies calling Donald Trump to praise border policy

Actually both are quite possibly true. Or at least a close approximation of the truth. Do you really think that head's of state really call each other to give high fives? Most likely IMO the Pres of Mexico had an aide call an aide in the White house to make the statement. I'm going out on a limb here, but unless it's a matter of extreme emergency any call between heads of state are scheduled in advance.

If he wasn't such a seriously flawed individual he might just be able to revel in his victory and try to bring people together and get about his business of trying to govern. He might just try to emphasize those things where he actually has accomplished victories and stop stomping on his message. That is if he wasn't' such a seriously flawed individual.

How is he supposed to bring people together when a large amount are against him no matter what? And that includes yourself, IMO if he found a cure for cancer/aids/name it, you would bash him for it. I'm not a Trump fan, there were maybe 3 people that I would have ranked lower than him in the primaries.

Which reminds me, you never answered that I saw, who did you support in the primaries? D,R,I,whatever. Did you support any candidate in the primaries? If so, who?

Please, Trump with regards to how he conducts himself and what he says is an aberration. Please stop trying to normalize him by trying to say he somehow reasonably compares to most other people who simply have some faults and make some mistakes,

Not trying to normalize him, for his age and upbringing he is normal. At least reasonably so. While I'm not of that age, I've spent time around those that are. And how he conducts himself isn't an aberration. At least not in my experience.

So he belongs in the seriously flawed group of individuals. If that's your point then I guess I can go with that. There are some seriously flawed individuals out there. But his behavior is unacceptable, so there's no way we should accept what he is doing.

Why is his behavior unacceptable? Please give examples.

Come on.

Trump himself often claims how great he is. Oh, and what is that I'm president and your not cr**. Good thing if he's actually not saying it as you might wish to claim that he has a cabinet willing to humiliate themselves in front of the American people to do it for him.

Should I quote Obama for you? Specifically his statement to McCain.

Trump rolls out plan to curb legal Immigration.

Initially it sounds like it's more bluster than ever having a chance of going anywhere. Certainly going to fire up the base anyway. But then again this may just be a diversion cause he can't get that wall. LOL

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...oduces-immigration-reform-raise-act/23061539/

Why does it sound like it's more bluster than having a chance of going anywhere?

I'm actually ok with this. It rates as a positive for me.

I do too.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    So when you're asked a direct question, the best you can answer is to justify the answer you didn't give? I can infer from your justifications what I think the answer is. But why not just say it?

The sounds like language close to the fringe.

People can be obsessed with negatives as much as others are with positives.

So when I was asked a question I decided to ask a few of my own. Amazing how the questions I asked are too hard for any of you to answer. This is just another reason I have problems with Trump. It seems when you get down to brass tacks theres a large gaping hole when it comes to some of the more important details. That and the fact often the answer is completely ridiculous. Who's going to pay for the wall? Well I guess now that we have the leak we know what Trump actualy believes, now don't we.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom