The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So when I was asked a question I decided to ask a few of my own. Amazing how the questions I asked are too hard for any of you to answer. This is just another reason I have problems with Trump. It seems when you get down to brass tacks theres a large gaping hole when it comes to some of the more important details. That and the fact often the answer is completely ridiculous. Who's going to pay for the wall? Well I guess now that we have the leak we know what Trump actualy believes, now don't we.

So here's how this question/answer thing works. You're asked a question. You answer the question that was asked.

If you just answer the question with a non-answer, or with a question that doesn't answer what you were asked, people most naturally think you're dodging the question you were asked. So questions you ask while dodging, don't tend to get answered. Also, some people don't answer your questions because they don't think it applies to them, or that they've already answered the question. Or perhaps because it was a silly question. Or. Maybe the people who that question would most apply to have put you on ignore.

The "who's going to pay for the wall question" isn't an answer to the question you were asked: how much wall do you want? So why not just put that out there in good faith. I can't imagine why that would be such an intimidating question that anyone would dodge that. I mean. It's not like someone asked you what was the weirdest thing you've ever done in front of the mirror. I could see dodging that one.

So here's your chance. How much wall do you want? I'll make it easy. Pick one of the three: Less, same, more? That makes it easy, because any less is less. Any more is more. And same is to do nothing.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    So here's how this question/answer thing works. You're asked a question. You answer the question that was asked.

If you just answer the question with a non-answer, or with a question that doesn't answer what you were asked, people most naturally think you're dodging the question you were asked. So questions you ask while dodging, don't tend to get answered. Also, some people don't answer your questions because they don't think it applies to them, or that they've already answered the question. Or perhaps because it was a silly question. Or. Maybe the people who that question would most apply to have put you on ignore.

The "who's going to pay for the wall question" isn't an answer to the question you were asked: how much wall do you want? So why not just put that out there in good faith. I can't imagine why that would be such an intimidating question that anyone would dodge that. I mean. It's not like someone asked you what was the weirdest thing you've ever done in front of the mirror. I could see dodging that one.

So here's your chance. How much wall do you want? I'll make it easy. Pick one of the three: Less, same, more? That makes it easy, because any less is less. Any more is more. And same is to do nothing.

Ok, then let's try it this way. If the proposal to do so can't possibly be justified because factors such as whether the money is there, or it's not really going to produce any valid results, then no I don't want to see them move forward when any silly a** wall. I know that a shocking stance to some of the Trump supporters and possibly even more to those who still believe that Mexico is going to somehow pay for the wall, but in order to get me to support something I want a little bit more detail then just wild stupid a** claims that just make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Mueller exploring potential financial ties to Russia of Trump and Trumps Family and Trump Organization.

One year into the FBI's Russia investigation, Mueller is on the Trump money trail - CNNPolitics.com

Senators push bill to protect Mueller

Senators push bill to protect Mueller - CNNPolitics.com

Mueller issues Grand Jury Subpeonas related to Donald Trump Jrs meeting.

Mueller issues grand jury subpoenas - CNNPolitics.com

more of CNN having a seizure over "unnamed sources" .....

Ty Cobb, special counsel to the President, said he wasn't aware that Mueller had started using a new grand jury.
    "Grand jury matters are typically secret," Mr. Cobb said. "The White House favors anything that accelerates the conclusion of his work fairly... The White House is committed to fully cooperating with Mr. Mueller."

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    more of CNN having a seizure over "unnamed sources" .....

Ty Cobb, special counsel to the President, said he wasn't aware that Mueller had started using a new grand jury.
    "Grand jury matters are typically secret," Mr. Cobb said. "The White House favors anything that accelerates the conclusion of his work fairly... The White House is committed to fully cooperating with Mr. Mueller."

Well if your only proof that anyone is lying is coming from somebody in the White House you might want to think twice. LOL

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So when I was asked a question I decided to ask a few of my own. Amazing how the questions I asked are too hard for any of you to answer. This is just another reason I have problems with Trump. It seems when you get down to brass tacks theres a large gaping hole when it comes to some of the more important details. That and the fact often the answer is completely ridiculous. Who's going to pay for the wall? Well I guess now that we have the leak we know what Trump actualy believes, now don't we.

It wasn't just a single question... multiple people, multiple times have asked you what you are FOR. What policies are you FOR, what politicians/candidates were you FOR...

Apparently, judging from your lack of answers, you are FOR nothing, just 100% negative, that Trump is the absolute worst... worst compared to what? There were only two choices last November.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok, then let's try it this way. If the proposal to do so can't possibly be justified because factors such as whether the money is there, or it's not really going to produce any valid results, then no I don't want to see them move forward when any silly a** wall. I know that a shocking stance to some of the Trump supporters and possibly even more to those who still believe that Mexico is going to somehow pay for the wall, but in order to get me to support something I want a little bit more detail then just wild stupid a** claims that just make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Okay. Good. We've narrowed it down some. You're clearly not in the "more wall" camp. Alright. So doe this mean leave it alone? Or are you an "open borders" kinda person?

Well, actually, you could just answer the poll question in the poll I posted: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-political-discussion/440700-wall-poll.html

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Okay. Good. We've narrowed it down some. You're clearly not in the "more wall" camp. Alright. So doe this mean leave it alone? Or are you an "open borders" kinda person?

Well, actually, you could just answer the poll question in the poll I posted: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-political-discussion/440700-wall-poll.html

You still can't get it. Open your mind just a bit. Show me something, just anything that might make sense with regards to building this wall besides it gives you a warm and fuzzy. Details, you know details. Who's going to pay for it. How much it's going to cost. What can we reasonably expect it to do for us once it constructed. Why exactly do we need it since a large part of the immigration problem is people overstaying visas. You know does it make sense? Why exactly do we need that silly a** moat anyway?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I thought Paul made a thread for this endless Trump bashing. I even looked in to see if DD found it and he did. I had to unsubscribe because it seemed worse than this one.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    It wasn't just a single question... multiple people, multiple times have asked you what you are FOR. What policies are you FOR, what politicians/candidates were you FOR...

Apparently, judging from your lack of answers, you are FOR nothing, just 100% negative, that Trump is the absolute worst... worst compared to what? There were only two choices last November.

I guess by now it's fairly obvious that I didn't vote for Trump.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    A significant part of the problem seems to be your willingness to believe anything the liberal media trots out in front of you.

And who you going to believe? Please tell me you don't believe Trump and his Administration? Because if that's the case I got this bridge in Brooklyn I'm just dying to sell you. LOL

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    But you were not asked who you didn't vote for. You were asked who you did vote for. Your lack of confidence in uour position shows in your non responsiveness. We are for discussion and you are here for accusation and argument. Thus the reason I only see your posts that other members deem important to repost. I have seen absolutely nothing positive in these posts, had there been, I would reevaluate my ignore list.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    You still can't get it. Open your mind just a bit. Show me something, just anything that might make sense with regards to building this wall besides it gives you a warm and fuzzy. Details, you know details. Who's going to pay for it. How much it's going to cost. What can we reasonably expect it to do for us once it constructed. Why exactly do we need it since a large part of the immigration problem is people overstaying visas. You know does it make sense? Why exactly do we need that silly a** moat anyway?

Have you even looked at illegal border crossings versus the current "wall"?

From about 2006-2010 we built 700 miles of "wall" (much of it is only cattle fence or vehicle blockades, but a portion of it, about half, is "real wall") and illegal border crossings fell from about 1.2 Million per year to about 400,000 per year. While some of those 400k go under or over the "wall", the vast majority go around the wall or through the large gaps. Coyote trails are littered with trash where these crossings occur. It's pretty compelling that incrementally increasing the "wall" would incrementally reduce illegal Southern border crossings, especially by plugging the currently popular "gaps".

Interior enforcement also affects illegal immigration... since Trump's election, it is obvious that enforcing the laws by finding and deporting illegals reduces the number who come in the first place. If the odds of getting here AND STAYING are reduced, fewer are willing to try to begin with.

Visa overstays are another, but separate problem. The biggest issue is that no one can say how many people, and who, have entered on Visas and remained after their Visa expired. (thanks Obama) This needs to be rectified. But, one positive about Visas is that if you violate immigration laws, you will not be allowed entry on Visa. Border crossers, on the other hand, try again and again and again.

To argue that you must have a plan for an impenetrable "moat" before building or enhancing a single mile of the wall is an intellectually false argument. It indicates that one is just fine with 400,000/year illegal border crossings (or, to the extreme, advocate open borders).

I disagree.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

LOL. C'mon, man. Do you even read my posts?

INGO, as you know, I've often talked negatively about binary thinking. Being INGO and being comprised mostly of right leaning members, the context was usually in terms of the more fringe conservative/libertarian views. This proves that binary thinking is an issue of extreme views altogether regardless of vector. Can be on the right, left, authoritarian, libertarian. The more extreme your views, the more binary you seem to think.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    And who you going to believe? Please tell me you don't believe Trump and his Administration? Because if that's the case I got this bridge in Brooklyn I'm just dying to sell you. LOL

It isn't an either/or. I don't believe 100% of what I get from any source nor do I disbelieve 100% from any one source. Although, WaPo, NYT and CNN are pushing me in that direction.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    But you were not asked who you didn't vote for. You were asked who you did vote for. Your lack of confidence in uour position shows in your non responsiveness. We are for discussion and you are here for accusation and argument. Thus the reason I only see your posts that other members deem important to repost. I have seen absolutely nothing positive in these posts, had there been, I would reevaluate my ignore list.

Sorry about that... to me, an ignore is an extreme... the "nuclear option"... but I am seriously considering christening my own.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom