The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If he wasn't such a seriously flawed individual he might just be able to revel in his victory and try to bring people together and get about his business of trying to govern. He might just try to emphasize those things where he actually has accomplished victories and stop stomping on his message. That is if he wasn't' such a seriously flawed individual.

Let's quit giving exaggerated and illegitimate power over others to individuals then, shall we? Most, if not all, are seriously flawed and barely manage to tend to their own choices.

There haven't ever been any elected to any political positions that come without flaws, despite your preferences.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Let's quit giving exaggerated and illegitimate power over others to individuals then, shall we? Most, if not all, are seriously flawed and barely manage to tend to their own choices.

There haven't ever been any elected to any political positions that come without flaws, despite your preferences.

Please, Trump with regards to how he conducts himself and what he says is an aberration. Please stop trying to normalize him by trying to say he somehow reasonably compares to most other people who simply have some faults and make some mistakes,

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Please, Trump with regards to how he conducts himself and what he says is an aberration. Please stop trying to normalize him by trying to say he somehow reasonably compares to most other people who simply have some faults and make some mistakes,

I'm not trying to normalize Trump, I'm trying to normalize his place among flawed humans. Humans should not be given such power to rule over other humans.

This left/right political nonsense simply distracts from the obvious (exactly as designed).

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I'm not trying to normalize Trump, I'm trying to normalize his place among flawed humans. Humans should not be given such power to rule over other humans.

This left/right political nonsense simply distracts from the obvious (exactly as designed).

So he belongs in the seriously flawed group of individuals. If that's your point then I guess I can go with that. There are some seriously flawed individuals out there. But his behavior is unacceptable, so there's no way we should accept what he is doing.

Good luck with that power thing though. Have a hard time thinking your not going to find this to be the case almost anywhere you go. I'm not saying I'm not for limiting some power, but unless you rule your own island your always going to get some of that.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So he belongs in the seriously flawed group of individuals. If that's your point then I guess I can go with that. There are some seriously flawed individuals out there. But his behavior is unacceptable, so there's no way we should accept what he is doing.

Good luck with that power thing though. Have a hard time thinking your not going to find this to be the case almost anywhere you go. I'm not saying I'm not for limiting some power, but unless you rule your own island your always going to get some of that.

His behavior is only unacceptable in that he gets to make too many decisions for you. If he had no power over you, you wouldn't be even slightly obsessed with his every thought and action.

I'm not looking for anywhere or anyone to rule. I'd be awesome at it, but that's not the point. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And it's really too bad we just happen to have elected a guy who see's his Presidency as a reaffirmation that he's the most perfect brilliant man in the world.

Well, that's an opinion. I think the thing that's too bad is that this was the only choice we had. Hillary? Pfft. :rolleyes:

#****2party

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    His behavior is only unacceptable in that he gets to make too many decisions for you. If he had no power over you, you wouldn't be even slightly obsessed with his every thought and action.

I'm not looking for anywhere or anyone to rule. I'd be awesome at it, but that's not the point. :):

Like I said, I think you need to find an island that you can rule.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well, that's an opinion. I think the thing that's too bad is that this was the only choice we had. Hillary? Pfft. :rolleyes:

#****2party

ever-wonder-what-happened-to-the-two-creepy-girls-in-23125108.png

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    It does not appear you're keeping up with your own conversation. What do you think applies to what?

Come on.

Trump himself often claims how great he is. Oh, and what is that I'm president and your not cr**. Good thing if he's actually not saying it as you might wish to claim that he has a cabinet willing to humiliate themselves in front of the American people to do it for him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Like I said, I think you need to find an island that you can rule.

Yeah, that doesn't really work any more as a response to what I wrote.

Think of a creative reply. Challenge yourself.

ATM has a point, though I wouldn't carry it to the same conclusion he does. If you're just fine with giving the politicians you agree with all the power to enact all the things you agree with, has the thought not occurred to you that maybe someone might get into office who will use the same power you voted to give your guy, to enact all the things you don't agree with?

Limited government has the benefit of working best in a diverse society because a diverse society will not agree on what the government should do. If you're okay with your guy imposing your ideals on everyone else, you're a hypocrite to complain about the other side getting a turn with the big stick you voted for.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    ATM has a point, though I wouldn't carry it to the same conclusion he does. If you're just fine with giving the politicians you agree with all the power to enact all the things you agree with, has the thought not occurred to you that maybe someone might get into office who will use the same power you voted to give your guy, to enact all the things you don't agree with?

Limited government has the benefit of working best in a diverse society because a diverse society will not agree on what the government should do. If you're okay with your guy imposing your ideals on everyone else, you're a hypocrite to complain about the other side getting a turn with the big stick.

I think you forgot to quote the remark where I said something about limited government. So why don't you go back and include that and then we might be better to proceed from there.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I think you forgot to quote the remark where I said something about limited government. So why don't you go back and include that and then we might be better to proceed from there.

You don't sound even slightly interested in government, just Trump.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom