The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Scaramucci is doing the w/h press conference right now. Slick dude.

It was very smooth. He reminded me of Obama in how smoothly he handled the gotcha question about his past criticisms of Trump. After that you could just feel that that question was not coming back. Sort of like Obama's hot mic, and tap, tap, "is this thing on?"

Agreed, he's a charmer. Easy to see why he's successful. We will see if can handle the job.

I think he can handle the job better than Spicer could. I liked Spicer. I thought he seemed like a mostly honest guy. Trump's press secretary is probably the worst role for a guy like that.

The thing that concerns me is the subservient language of Scaramucci. "I serve Trump?" Well, yeah, but I'd prefer an administration of independent subordinates, not an administration of sycophant subordinates. Sometimes the president needs to know his **** is hanging out. The ring-kissing **** is probably the thing I dislike most about the Trump admin.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Frankly like I said I find cartoons and such as being trivial, cartoonish, and belittling. The fact that they take up so much space it kind of takes attention away from everything else anyway. H*** there's those that don't respond with anything but. So frankly for me it appears that little thought was used when all you can respond with is a cartoon.

Well like I said idiot is my shorthand for other things I actually believe he is. Seems to me that list of under sir eagles are so long I can't imagine ever being able to get them all down let alone remembering all of them. But anyway to even imagine someone like him with the complete lack of everything I think makes a person a good person winnning was just unthinkable to me let alone all those things where I think he's just wrong headed. Whether or not it helps him or not, frankly I'm not going to stop calling it like I see it.

You might consider an alternative possibility, that someone has something to comment on that would seem to them to be unnecessarily harsh to come right out and say. Thus often something is posted (could be a song or a cartoon) that tangentially addresses the point with the hope that the intended target will see themselves reflected in said post

Feelings are spared and no comity is sacrificed. Consider it an exercise in introspection

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sorry, but I don't see it this way. It wasn't meant to be an insult but I do strongly believe Trump is an idiot and his effort whatever you call it is a Clusterf***.

You certainly don't seem to have that same problem with some of those who can be equally insulting from the other side. Ah well I also saw Trumps comment about POWs unacceptable but then again you did not. But that is the way things go sometimes.

Dddrees, I realize I'm late to this 'party', and I'm hardly a neutral party. But please, take a moment for introspection in this. Go to the upper right portion of your screen and click on 'My Profile', a complete reverse chronological listing of your posts will come up. Take a moment and reread the most recent 50 or 100

Now find a post in any thread by someone you think is equally insulting, as mentioned in your quoted post. Click on their name in the left corner of the post and then click on 'view profile' in the submenu. Do the same thing with their post history, paying attention to how they treat others in the forum and how broad the range of subjects are that they post upon. Your body of work is often what you are judged on, especially true with respect to the mods.

Be honest with yourself. You can do this with me and you will find that I am too argumentative and in the last year spent entirely too much time in GenPoli. If you only read my recent work you would be reasonable to wonder if I have any guns at all.

This forum is chock full of a broad, deep range of detailed knowledge about all things firearms. You will likely not find a better source of info on just about anything. Don't become focused on 'winning' (isn't that a Trump thing) the argument
    to the exclusion of all else

Just like you can't win an argument with your boss, you can't argue balls and strikes with a mod (at least not for long)

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    You might consider an alternative possibility, that someone has something to comment on that would seem to them to be unnecessarily harsh to come right out and say. Thus often something is posted (could be a song or a cartoon) that tangentially addresses the point with the hope that the intended target will see themselves reflected in said post

Feelings are spared and no comity is sacrificed. Consider it an exercise in introspection

No, sorry I don't agree. If it's not worth commenting and all you got is a silly little cartoon then why post anything at all.

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    This is still being considered.

I am really wanting to take some of my personal time and meet up for a cheese burger summit. On me of course at your favorite pub or burger joint.

I will either leave with a new friend (I hope) or I will better understand you. Either works for me.

You are invited. PM if interested.

-CM-

That's extremely gracious of you and I'll probably pm you at some point later. No victim status here, and I understand you and the other mods have to do what you see is best for this community.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    A picture is worth 1000 words. Have you not heard of the great meme wars?

I've heard it, but I just don't happen to agree. Heck even given my challenges to get my thoughts out with poor typing skills and extremely bad proofreading I'll do my best to try and take the time to try and type out my thoughts. I just see that whole cartoon stuff trivial, lazy, and sonetimes insulting.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Russia brainwashed Senator Sessions yeah that's it!
    I found that in an intelligent interception that was not "classified" and was available for realease to the media!

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Russia brainwashed Senator Sessions yeah that's it!
    I found that in an intelligent interception that was not "classified" and was available for realease to the media!

What, you don't find the Russians believeable?

Wasn't it Donny Jr's lawyer who said that even the Russian Laywer he met with said the meeting was about adoptions. Man I'm confused. On one hand the Trump people say we should trust the Russians and then on the other hand they say we should look away.

Don't worry though we're probably only a leak or two away from getting down to the truth.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The Russians are like Herman Munster hot strange women, weird cars. Russians like Herman Munster are always wondering around getting into trouble but get out of it in the end.

I think President Trump is using the media to great effect it's chasing it tail in a circle.
    What if!no Russia link exists?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom