The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The Russians are like Herman Munster hot strange women, weird cars. Russians like Herman Munster are always wondering around getting into trouble but get out of it in the end.

I think President Trump is using the media to great effect it's chasing it tail in a circle.
    What if!no Russia link exists?

And what if the habitual liar (Trump) just happens to be telling yet another lie?

At some point with all these nothing burgers, you just gotta wonder if there isn't a something burger out there somewhere.Either way it appears they have been extremely incompetent and mostly do things that are terribly inappropriate. The administration really is a bunch of keystone cops with one big buffoon leading the way.

Last year when this thing came up I had a feeling this thing had legs. Well now it's going to have to run it's course. Trump seems to be able to afford all the lawyers he can possibly get to represent him, so let see this thing through and run it's course,

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A picture is worth 1000 words. Have you not heard of the great meme wars?

The great meme wars.
    There's a name....
    original-2.jpg

th

obi-wan-memes.jpg

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I've yet to see anything credible that states that this might be an issue for one thing. In your argument you might may good points but the current messenger is not only flawed but his methods are extremely questionable. He's yet to come up with anything more than what looks like that he's trying to massage his ego. He looks like and talks like a buffoon and he gets in the way of anything that ever could be substantive because of himself. So he not only gets in his way, he gets in your way as well.

But back to the point, I've yet to hear or see anything that tells me there's a need to go with what I currently see as being wild goose chase.

So, if there are small scale studies that say there could have been as many as 1 MILLION illegal votes cast in 2016, and 3 MILLION illegal registrants, you don't care because of what, exactly? #ButButTrumpTweetedSumpthin #Resist

Recently, a vote integrity organization discovered that Virginia took 7,500 voters off of their registration rolls because the voters SELF-IDENTIFIED themselves as non-citizens. Think about it, this was not an investigation to find all of the non-citizens illegally registered to vote in Virginia, it was only the ones who figuratively "raised their hands" and said "I'm not a citizen". A literal tip of the iceberg... and, IIRC, 1,900 of them voted in numerous elections casting about 8,000 votes.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    So, if there are small scale studies that say there could have been as many as 1 MILLION illegal votes cast in 2016, and 3 MILLION illegal registrants, you don't care because of what, exactly? #ButButTrumpTweetedSumpthin #Resist

Recently, a vote integrity organization discovered that Virginia took 7,500 voters off of their registration rolls because the voters SELF-IDENTIFIED themselves as non-citizens. Think about it, this was not an investigation to find all of the non-citizens illegally registered to vote in Virginia, it was only the ones who figuratively "raised their hands" and said "I'm not a citizen". A literal tip of the iceberg... and, IIRC, 1,900 of them voted in numerous elections casting about 8,000 votes.

No I never said if there was credible evidence I wouldn't support it. What I said was to this point I've not seen any. So if there is credible evidence other than what is currently coming from that individual who wants someone to massage his ego yet not protect our elections against foreign enemies than I am more than willing to listen.

When I say credible however I mean someone who is believeable in delivering the information as well. I say that because people like the President and his mouth pieces certainly have no credibility. Now as long as your reasonable you would have to agree with me on this.

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

Why is it that your required burden of proof for those illegal voter studies is so small, and yet your burden of proof for global warming is so big?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    No I never said if there was credible evidence I wouldn't support it. What I said was to this point I've not seen any. So if there is credible evidence other than what is currently coming from that individual who wants someone to massage his ego yet not protect our elections against foreign enemies than I am more than willing to listen.

When I say credible however I mean someone who is believeable in delivering the information as well. I say that because people like the President and his mouth pieces certainly have no credibility. Now as long as your reasonable you would have to agree with me on this.

This 2014 peer reviewed survey study, published in the Journal of Election Studies, found that more than 3% (620,000) of non-citizens voted and up to 15% (3 Million) were registered to vote for the 2008 election.

This link is to the lead author's submitted paper on the Old Domion website, the published journal article is available for a fee.

https://ww2.odu.edu/~jrichman/NonCitizenVote.pdf

ETA: Note that the 620,000 number comes from respondants who said they were non-citizens, said they were registered, said that they voted and the voter rolls verified that they voted. If you add the similar respondents (registered non-citizens) who CLAIMED they did not vote, but the voter rolls showed otherwise, that number closes in on 1 Million.

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    This 2014 peer reviewed survey study, published in the Journal of Election Studies, found that more than 3% (620,000) of non-citizens voted and up to 15% (3 Million) were registered to vote for the 2008 election.

This link is to the lead author's submitted paper on the Old Domion website, the published journal article is available for a fee.

https://ww2.odu.edu/~jrichman/NonCitizenVote.pdf

ETA: Note that the 620,000 number comes from respondants who said they were non-citizens, said they were registered, said that they voted and the voter rolls verified that they voted. If you add the similar respondents (registered non-citizens) who CLAIMED they did not vote, but the voter rolls showed otherwise, that number closes in on 1 Million.

So by quickly looking at this article by a source I have no reason to either believe or not believe the following thought comes to mind. This is after all only one source are there any others and how credible are these sources?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So by quickly looking at this article by a source I have no reason to either believe or not believe the following thought comes to mind. This is after all only one source are there any others and how credible are these sources?

Old Dominion University is a public research university. So they're less credible than, what?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Old Dominion University is a public research university. So they're less credible than, what?

I'm not familiar with them nor the people that wrote this. Ok, so let's say I agree they are credible and there's something to what they say. However let's also say I'm still waiting for more than just one entity before I am convinced there is enough there there.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Could it be that if this is true it would be more difficult for you to continue believing some things you want to be true?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Could it be that if this is true it would be more difficult for you to continue believing some things you want to be true?

No, it could be if there is a enough reason to believe there is something there then there is a good reason to look into this matter further. It could also mean I'm willing to listen when I'm presented with good data.

It could also mean that we currently have such a bad messenger in the White House that even when he has a point his ego gets in the way of delivering the message.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm not familiar with them nor the people that wrote this. Ok, so let's say I agree they are credible and there's something to what they say. However let's also say I'm still waiting for more than just one entity before I am convinced there is enough there there.

Since you don't see it as a problem... what if the illegal voting is not for your "side"?

How do you feel about your vote not counting because their fraudulent vote negated yours?

We know it happens to some extent. What is your magic number before it becomes a problem?

For reference my ideal number is 0. The problem starts for me at 1.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Since you don't see it as a problem... what if the illegal voting is not for your "side"?

How do you feel about your vote not counting because their fraudulent vote negated yours?

I said if presented with enough credible data I think it would be worth looking into. I think I said that more than once.

After all President Johnson lost his first political contest supposedly because of ballet box fraud of some kind. Can't remember exactly now. I would agree that it happens at this point I'm just not convinced that it's at a level that it affects the outcome.

Like i said it's your messenger that's so flawed that's seems to be getting in the way.

I'm not somebody who can't agree no matter what I show them that Trump doesn't lie. Show me more and you just might convince me.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Why, CNN of course.

See what you believe and nothing more even when others are on the verge of agreeing with you. Sounds a bit closed minded if you ask me.

Ah, I know I should have asked why did you chose to post just CNN of course when others are discussing the merits of whether or not there is voter fraud? Especially when all one party is asking for more credible evidence? Why?

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Well Jamil (not that I've seen you do it), but we both know what the complaint would be if one used a university research source to support a position that is considered "liberal."

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Well Jamil (not that I've seen you do it), but we both know what the complaint would be if one used a university research source to support a position that is considered "liberal."

No, it just has to be a credible source. It's no Trump University so it stands a chance. But frankly it would be even more so if they could provide more credible sources.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom