The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As for the fraud, you aren't going to get me to even consider that it isn't a problem. When I have had friends approached to participate by practitioner of large enough scale fraud to need buses, you aren't going to tell me it isn't so.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Fourth time and still running. BTW, I think you need to adjust your tin foil hat if those are the things that you think are important.

Yeah, don't expect the commission to unearth the scams BOTH PARTIES use... some, however, that heavily favor one party over the other, will get outed.

So get you tin hat ready because all we need is for Hannity to say it and Trump to Re-Tweet it to make t so. For being so anti Fake Media Trump certainty seems to be leading the way.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oh my gosh! Without Obamacare we would be thrown into the dark ages of 2009 when I paid under $1,000/month for only the coverage I wanted instead of $1,400+ for less of what I want and a bunch of coverage I don't need.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Oh my gosh! Without Obamacare we would be thrown into the dark ages of 2009 when I paid under $1,000/month for only the coverage I wanted instead of $1,400+ for less of what I want and a bunch of coverage I don't need.

What? You mean you don't need coverage for abortion?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

Do you really think your rates would go back down, though?

I expect any money the insurance industry "saves" due to a new regulatory scheme will be paid out to executives as bonuses, with a paltry sliver to shareholders as a &0.005/share dividend.

Insurance premiums go up...but I have never seen them come down, for any reason.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It's detroit, man. Generally speaking, they are a case-study for bad government. I don't doubt the rolls are incorrect, but I don't automatically assume fraud...incompetence and fraud are oftentimes indistinguishable.

60% bad? by accident? How are they breathing?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    60% bad? by accident? How are they breathing?

60% seems unlikely, if true. I am skeptical of that number.

But, honestly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that the voter rolls were not properly maintained, for decades even. Bureaucratic largess allows for all sorts of incompetence. If the dead weren't being regularly purged, or updated info added to the database instead of updating existing records there could be thousands of erroneous (though not fraudulent) "active" records. As a former database administrator I can see 60% of total records being garbage...I have seen close to that in a production database myself.

I don't have a problem with finding and eliminating fraud, but there needs to be an eye kept on cost/benefit analysis. I would like to see a strict process developed and followed to, first, ascertain whether or no there is sufficient cause to investigate.

On a a more personal level, I'm not sure why republicans are so eager to open this can of worms...their guy won. Whatever fraud exists didn't ultimately benefit the democrats. Do they expect there are a bunch of republican votes being negated in Chicago or Baltimore?

I guess just I have pretty low expectations from a goverment investigation anymore.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So get you tin hat ready because all we need is for Hannity to say it and Trump to Re-Tweet it to make t so. For being so anti Fake Media Trump certainty seems to be leading the way.

Still avoid a discussion of voter registration fraud... 5th straight post.

60% seems unlikely, if true. I am skeptical of that number.

But, honestly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that the voter rolls were not properly maintained, for decades even. Bureaucratic largess allows for all sorts of incompetence. If the dead weren't being regularly purged, or updated info added to the database instead of updating existing records there could be thousands of erroneous (though not fraudulent) "active" records. As a former database administrator I can see 60% of total records being garbage...I have seen close to that in a production database myself.

I don't have a problem with finding and eliminating fraud, but there needs to be an eye kept on cost/benefit analysis. I would like to see a strict process developed and followed to, first, ascertain whether or no there is sufficient cause to investigate.

On a a more personal level, I'm not sure why republicans are so eager to open this can of worms...their guy won. Whatever fraud exists didn't ultimately benefit the democrats. Do they expect there are a bunch of republican votes being negated in Chicago or Baltimore?

I guess just I have pretty low expectations from a goverment investigation anymore.

"Whatever fraud exists didn't ultimately benefit the democrats"... well, it didn't benefit them enough, this time, lol!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    According to the video accompanying the article, the bags containing the ballots were torn, with an opening big enough to add or remove ballots, or the seals on the ballot bags had been tampered with.

Quoted from the article:
    In other words, if you don't cheat enough to win outright on election night, you don't get a second chance to cheat more during the recount. Lol!

Or, if you want to disqualify an entire precinct, just tear the ballot bag.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You might want to read your articles more thoroughly in the future....

The cards will be marked "not valid for identification" and cannot be used for things like boarding airplanes, voting or purchasing a gun. The licenses will only be valid for three years instead of four years, like traditional licenses. After three years, the individual would have to go through the process again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom