The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As long as Trump keeps winning and the dems continue being dems, we'll have a lock in 2018.

We need the dems to keep running left and oh...

...Russia, Russia, Russia...

Well, the russia,russia,russia stuff can take it's toll. Trump's low ratings have at least a little to do with that.

But they're running out of time. Interest was waning there for several days after the Veritas videos really started to cool it down. It was almost dead. Then the Trump Jr. thing came up and now it's kinda hot again. But still there's likely not a lot more actual content that can be reported on that story. Eventually that'll die out and if that happens too long before the elections, unless they have more stories queued up to keep the steady drip.

Dems would be smart to tell the social justices warrors to shut the **** up for the next year and a half. Oh. And Hollywood. I'd be surprised if the net opinions changed for every stupid infomercial they ran wasn't favoring Trump. The left is clearly clueless on what many center/right people think.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    He should and you got that right. But I also remember a 60 minutes piece where not only Reid but McConnel bragged out the tactics they both used to make sure neither got what they wanted. Basically they where bragging that either one of them did whatever it took to bring our Country to a screeching halt.

AND, if "d"win in 2018, we will come to a screeching halt, AGAIN .....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've always disliked the misrepresentation of Nancy Pelosi's words concerning that comment. The way I took it, was that she meant there were a lot of competing opinions about how the ACA would work, and that by passing it, the public would see it in action. The idea that her words were meant to be secretive concerning the provisions of ACA, if true, could only mean one thing.... that she was clueless as to the ACA, and shouldn't have been speaking on it in the first place because her comment made March of 2010, came well after the text of the bill was publicly available Oct 2009. This fact is often overlooked. So those who believed their was some secret plot going on, failed to do their due diligence.

And for the record, I opposed ACA.

That was the context of what she said. However, there was secrecy surrounding it. House members on both sides wanted a chance to read the bill for themselves, but the Democrat leadership had to pass it clean. That means straight up or down. So there was a lot of information being withheld from rank and file House members.

The way Republicans characterized what she said is indeed taking it out of the immediate context, but was apropos for the broader context, which was the secretive way the Democratic leadership was marshaling the bill through congress.

Democrats played several parliamentary tricks. The House passed the original version of the ACA and it went to the Senate. Then Ted Kennedy died and ruined their super-majority. Scott Brown won the special election, so now the ACA could not withstand a fillibuster.

To avoid that, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi concocted a scheme to take a budgetary bill involving veterans, which the House had passed unanimously, and replaced the entire contents with the Senate version of ACA. Because the bill that had passed the house was a budgetary bill, it wasn't subject to filibuster. So the Senate could pass it with a simple majority. The House would only have to approve it as is.

THAT's what Pelosi's speech was about, to convince House Democrats to pass that bill, as is, with no further scrutiny by the House. I think Pelosi's statement is fair to criticize in that way because it actually was a secretive. And then Democrats, including the left media, have the gall to criticize Mitch McConnell and Republicans for being secretive about the new Healthcare bill.

Don't get me wrong. The PEOPLE have every right to criticize McConnell for being secretive about it. But Democrats and the media are being absolute hypocrites for criticizing Republicans when they did worse to get that monstrosity passed, despite the will of the people at the time.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This is extremely sexist of you. You've imposed a cis-normative male perspective on an obviously gender fluid space thus preventing the amelioration of the myriad inequities that impact the societal acceptance of non-normative gender actions, and furthered the problematic environmental bullying of non-normative thought processes with regards to the wider acceptance of the social contract between different intersectional identity groups. For example your white male privilege makes you think only of the cis-normative perspective, that onlyl women would socialize at Bunco, when obviously many non-normative and those with gender fluidity would tend to do so.

However, you correctly accuse those who are part of the white male patriarchy who congregate to conspire against the unprivileged at these horribly oppressive places of ill repute you call "gun shops". No moral person interested in social justice would ever....

Wait....

<shudder/>

Sorry. I'm back to normal now. I just read a paper authored by some professor who teaches one of those "studies" classes. :n00b:

Mods!!!!!!! Jamil is posting with his Hippie/SJW Grammarly app PC language filter again!!!!!!

(Dude I seriously spit out Dr. Pepper....That was ******* brilliant...I can't rep you again..Alas it's too soon....)

The whole Bunco thing happened right after the election....The wife said I could stay home but I had to stay in the basement...They were right above me and I could hear them....I had a couple of bourbons and as their Bunco party was winding down I came upstairs, took a sip and looked at them seriously and said, "I better NEVER hear one of you say anything about Trump's "grab her by the *****" comment EVER!!!" They busted out laughing.......

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well, the russia,russia,russia stuff can take it's toll. Trump's low ratings have at least a little to do with that...

The same "low ratings" that somehow he won an election with?

So we're still falling for that eh? :dunno: Most aren't, although the media and NeverTrumpers would have you believe otherwise...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is extremely sexist of you. You've imposed a cis-normative male perspective on an obviously gender fluid space thus preventing the amelioration of the myriad inequities that impact the societal acceptance of non-normative gender actions, and furthered the problematic environmental bullying of non-normative thought processes with regards to the wider acceptance of the social contract between different intersectional identity groups. For example your white male privilege makes you think only of the cis-normative perspective, that onlyl women would socialize at Bunco, when obviously many non-normative and those with gender fluidity would tend to do so.

However, you correctly accuse those who are part of the white male patriarchy who congregate to conspire against the unprivileged at these horribly oppressive places of ill repute you call "gun shops". No moral person interested in social justice would ever....

Wait....

<shudder/>

Sorry. I'm back to normal now. I just read a paper authored by some professor who teaches one of those "studies" classes. :n00b:

Is that something you drink that changes you to its corresponding gender?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Mods!!!!!!! Jamil is posting with his Hippie/SJW Grammarly app PC language filter again!!!!!!

(Dude I seriously spit out Dr. Pepper....That was ******* brilliant...I can't rep you again..Alas it's too soon....)

The whole Bunco thing happened right after the election....The wife said I could stay home but I had to stay in the basement...They were right above me and I could hear them....I had a couple of bourbons and as their Bunco party was winding down I came upstairs, took a sip and looked at them seriously and said, "I better NEVER hear one of you say anything about Trump's "grab her by the *****" comment EVER!!!" They busted out laughing.......
    I was thinking he had been hacked, but seems he is only a bit schizophrenic.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The Today Show is positively breathless with consternation this morning. Seems Donald Trump came over and sat down next to his wife at the big G20 dinner. Merkel had seated Trump's wife next to Putin. So Trump had a secret chat with Putin (in front of what appeared on the TV to be a thousand people).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Today Show is positively breathless with consternation this morning. Seems Donald Trump came over and sat down next to his wife at the big G20 dinner. Merkel had seated Trump's wife next to Putin. So Trump had a secret chat with Putin (in front of what appeared on the TV to be a thousand people).

This was an hour-long conversation, without the use of an American translator, who would able to corroborate what was said if it ever became an issue for the president. The presence of another set of American eyes and ears could also diminish the possibility of a misunderstanding. Let's say that Putin, who has a history of stabbing people in the back, decides to leak an account (and you can be SURE there is a Russian official account) of this interaction indicating some wrongdoing by Trump. Who does Trump have to debunk the allegation, if false? Nobody. He's making some pretty rookie mistakes.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    This was an hour-long conversation, without the use of an American translator, who would able to corroborate what was said if it ever became an issue for the president. The presence of another set of American eyes and ears could also diminish the possibility of a misunderstanding. Let's say that Putin, who has a history of stabbing people in the back, decides to leak an account (and you can be SURE there is a Russian official account) of this interaction indicating some wrongdoing by Trump. Who does Trump have to debunk the allegation, if false? Nobody. He's making some pretty rookie mistakes.

That's just cray, Kut. It is only a "thing" within the narrative the media has created solely for this president as part of the #Resistance.

ETA: A more neutral read might be something along the lines of Merkel tried to diss Trump by putting him at a "B" table... he moved himself to an "A" table.

Or, even more "childish" on Merkel's part, that the BIG story of the G20 was Trump-Putin, so she tried to seat them apart to reclaim some of the spotlight of the G20 meeting in her own country.

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Maybe if Trump didn't always appear to be Putin's lapdog it wouldn't gain so much traction.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    What is with Putin and US Presidential dog references. First we had a female dog, now we have a lap dog. What's next?

Ok, if it weren't for all the connections his campaign had, all his praising of Putin, and his denials that Russia tried to meddle in the election just because it somehow hurts his ego then maybe this last meeting in a string of inappropriate Russian things wouldn't be such a big issue. Oh did I forget to mention that he bragged in a previous Russian meeting about his firing of Comey and the fact that would take the pressure off. Trump tends to cause his own problems over, and over, and over again.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok, if it weren't for all the connections his campaign had, all his praising of Putin, and his denials that Russia tried to meddle in the election just because it somehow hurts his ego then maybe this last meeting in a string of inappropriate Russian things wouldn't be such a big issue. Oh did I forget to mention that he bragged in a previous Russian meting about his firing of Coney and the fact that would take the pressure off. Trump tends to cause his own problems over, and over, and over again.

Yeah, the optics don't look good. And when you're polling in the mid-30s, you probably should pay attention to how stuff looks, even if there's really nothing going on. Well, pay attention if you want to move forward on your agenda. lol

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Trump asks the attending at a voter fraud meeting if you don't want to look into voter fraud what are you worried about when he continues to disregard all matters concerning Russian meddling in our election. You think he'll ever find those 5 million illegal martians they bussed in from Mars just special for our last presidential election?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    While some find his childish and self serving behavior while he continues to massage his own ego by making wild baseless claims so endearing others actually wish he would learn how to accept winning gracefully and begin to start the buiseness of governing.

No wonder he garners such widely popular support from everybody. Believe it or not you may see it as payback. Well fabulous, that thinking may have got him elected but it's not helping you get anything accomplished.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Trump asks the attending at a voter fraud meeting if you don't want to look into voter fraud what are you worried about when he continues to disregard all matters concerning Russian meddling in our election. You think he'll ever find those 5 million illegal martians they bussed in from Mars just special for our last presidential election?

What is everyone so afraid of? The media has repeated over and over again that election fraud is non-existent in the US... shouldn't you be welcoming this as something that will fall flat on it's face?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom