The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, pretty soon, the collective will vote in "socialized medicine", or "single payer healthcare", and then we all can enjoy endless lines, paperwork, and lack of choices.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We did a tour of the Capitol today. While observing all the people scurrying to and fro it occurred to me: Of all the interns in DC, why Monica????

There are some absolute foxes out here.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    We did a tour of the Capitol today. While observing all the people scurrying to and fro it occurred to me: Of all the interns in DC, why Monica????

There are some absolute foxes out here.

It's hard to find a woman that can open her mouth and still keep a secret.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    So the GOP healthcare bill appears to be dying. So what's next when it comes to Healthcare? How does this one play out? Any idea who takes the blame when Obamacare dies? The Republicans who can't govern even though the are in charge of all three branches of government or the Democrats who gave away the entitlement to begin with?

More importantly will the Democrats and Republicans be forced to work together to come up with a plan. Could a feasible and workable plan actually be a result of all this crap?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just like the Democrats with the Patriot Act, I don't think the Republicans actually want to eliminate the ACA. Sure, they railed against it for years, but when the time came, what happened?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Well, do you really think the Republicans have enough b***s to repeal Obamacare seeing how they had no real good plan when it comes to replacing it initially.

In other words we can't get our s*** together enough to come up with a replacement so we're going to take it away anyway just too show you how screwed up we are.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well, do you really think the Republicans have enough b***s to repeal Obamacare seeing how they had no real good plan when it comes to replacing it initially.

In other words we can't get our s*** together enough to come up with a replacement so we're going to take it away anyway just too show you how screwed up we are.
    I don't want a replacement. Repeal it and then pass smaller bills that address issues. They need to stop trying to make one bill that does everything.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Moot point because I don't think they actually want to repeal it. Trump maybe does, but the party doesn't.

It screwed up my insurance, so I'll be happy to be wrong, but the cynical side of me says I'm not.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Moot point because I don't think they actually want to repeal it. Trump maybe does, but the party doesn't.

It screwed up my insurance, so I'll be happy to be wrong, but the cynical side of me says I'm not.

They really have lost their will since taking beatings over things like getting blamed for starving kids over school lunches and killing grandma when they "shut down" the government over budget issues over the years. They act as though they can't do what the voters put them in office for unless they have the support of the media, Sunday morning talk shows, and certain democrats. They don't have the chutzpah to just do it, like the democrats do time after time.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I don't want a replacement. Repeal it and then pass smaller bills that address issues. They need to stop trying to make one bill that does everything.

You really think the Republicans are even capable of agreeing on the smaller points? Seems to me the Republicans are to diverse at this point to agree on anything. By anything, I mean not only the principles of how they want to address healthcare but things like tax reform and our infrastructure as well.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm also of the opinion that they don't actually WANT to repeal anything. Makes a convenient windmill to tilt at. The GOP doesn't have to actually do anything of note, as long as they TRY. Besides, if the War on Health gets bad enough (like the wars on drugs, poverty, and women) they can propose another few billion $$$ in fixes to line their pockets.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom