The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    New story with some additional detail about the Donald Trump, Jr meeting:

https://apnews.com/dceed1008d8f45afb314aca65797762a

The AP paints this as adding more intrigue to how "forthcoming" Trump and Company have been, which I am missing as this only adds detail to what has already been reported... but AP misses the leade...

The Russian lawyer presented documentation purporting to show that Russians were funneling illegal money into the Clinton campaign and the DNC. Trump, Jr asked if she had evidence that Clinton/DNC were actively involved in funneling the money and she replied that would be something the Trump campaign would have to investigate, which was when the Trump team lost interest.

Did the Clinton Campaign and the DNC actively, and illegally, funnel Russian money into ELECTION CAMPAIGNS? Or, did they passively accept it? Or was it all fake?

We really need to know if Russians attempted to BUY US ELECTIONS!

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Wait a minute here. We only need to know if it happens that the Russians are voting Republican this time. Otherwise there's nothing to see here. If you don't believe me, just ask the MSM, DNC, or Hillary.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    New story with some additional detail about the Donald Trump, Jr meeting:

https://apnews.com/dceed1008d8f45afb314aca65797762a

The AP paints this as adding more intrigue to how "forthcoming" Trump and Company have been, which I am missing as this only adds detail to what has already been reported... but AP misses the leade...

The Russian lawyer presented documentation purporting to show that Russians were funneling illegal money into the Clinton campaign and the DNC. Trump, Jr asked if she had evidence that Clinton/DNC were actively involved in funneling the money and she replied that would be something the Trump campaign would have to investigate, which was when the Trump team lost interest.

Did the Clinton Campaign and the DNC actively, and illegally, funnel Russian money into ELECTION CAMPAIGNS? Or, did they passively accept it? Or was it all fake?

Why would the Russians be funneling money to the Clinton Campaign? I would think that any person within the Russian govt caught helping Clinton, would end up with Putin Radiation Sickness. We truly live in a Bizzaro land, when it's the Democrats, not the Republicans, leading the charge against the Russians. Patton is spinning so fast, we need to hook a generator up to his coffin.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Why would the Russians be funneling money to the Clinton Campaign? I would think that any person within the Russian govt caught helping Clinton, would end up with Putin Radiation Sickness. We truly live in a Bizzaro land, when it's the Democrats, not the Republicans, leading the charge against the Russians. Patton is spinning so fast, we need to hook a generator up to his coffin.

Not "the Russians" as in the monolith under Putin, but Russians, as in some Russians. No idea if the Russian lawyer's ploy was even true, but just as an example, perhaps the group of Russians who gained a percentage of North American uranium in the United Uranium deal were looking to curry favor for an additional chunk? Heck, if it worked before, why not follow the same path until they have 100%. I can't see how Putin would find disfavor with that, and surely if the Russian company landed another deal, he would be in for a cut.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Skipping to the end.

I wish the rest of you would put hin on ignore.

Shoot! Can't do that the thread would die.

He will NEVER answer a question, he will Never change, I thought he was softening for a while then he started drinking hot sauce gunpowder and ****.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/...s-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal

Beyond mines in Kazakhstan that are among the most lucrative in the world, the sale gave the Russians control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the United States. Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton’s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

From the 7/16 ChicagoTrib. To have anything to do with the Clintons is the kiss of death

Peter W. Smith, GOP operative who sought Clinton's emails from Russian hackers, committed suicide, records show

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    19989243_10155449982859804_5278571025023018981_n.jpg

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Looks like Trump just keeps getting more popular all the time. Did I just say more? I think I actually meant less. Can someone say historic?

Donald Trump: President Has Record Low Approval Ratings | Time.com

I wonder how this kinda of thing impacts his agenda? You think eventually that low and even lower poll numbers even if they were fake poll numbers this kinda effects ones agenda? I thought Trump was known for being strong, kinda looks to me like he might even be getting weaker.

i guess if your a supporter you could keep blaming it on the media. But then again you could actually wake up and smell the rosses and blame some of Trumps problems on the man that caused them: Trump!!

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Looks like Trump just keeps getting more popular all the time. Did I just say more? I think I actually meant less. Can someone say historic?

Donald Trump: President Has Record Low Approval Ratings | Time.com

I wonder how this kinda of thing impacts his agenda. You think eventually that low and even lower even if they were fake poll numbers this kinda effects ones agenda? I thought Trump was known for being strong, kinda looks to me like he might even be getting weaker.

yep and Hitllary is up by 20 pionts.....:rolleyes:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    you do remember the poles during the election don't you?

You keep thinking that way. Just like the election time will tell. He may have won the election, but at some point Trump can't help himself. He just seems to repulse more people than the those he embraces or attracts. That or he's going to need some serious wins. Healthcare don't look like one of those wins right now.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    You keep thinking that way. Just like the election time will tell. He may have won the election, but at some point Trump can't help himself. He just seems to repulse more people than the those he embraces or attracts. That or he's going to need some serious wins. Healthcare don't look like one of those wins right now.

i will......poles are crap because they always pole more dems than reps.....

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    i will......poles are crap because they always pole more dems than reps.....

Yes, yes, the whole world is liberal and they're all out to get you. LOL

Good thing in this case however, because I have to think that unless he somehow comes up with a win to create momentum if he keeps sliding this way he just becomes a lame duck. Just too bad he keeps his ability to affect foreign relations and his ability to Tweet.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, yes, the whole world is liberal and they're all out to get you. LOL

Good thing in this case however, because I have to think that unless he somehow comes up with a win to create momentum if he keeps sliding this way he just becomes a lame duck. Just too bad he keeps his ability to affect foreign relations and his ability to Tweet.

A couple of points. If you're intellectually honest you'll admit that no Democratic president since Johnson faced this kind of opposition from big media like Trump has. It's hard to trust polls from news outlets that effectively fly the #resist flag through every broadcast. I can see more than half of news stories regarding trump being negative, because he's controversial, rude, unconventional, etc. They tend to create narratives and push them without proving the case. For example, the now commonly held belief that Trump and all his supporters are racist is utterly fabricated. I'm not sure what the realistic ratio of negative to positive reports should be, but certainly >90% does not reflect reality.

I've said this to you many times. If you want people to take you credibly, you have to have earned it by saying credible things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom