The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Let's see:

Fox news....No. I would have to be paid to watch network news on any channel. Although, I do like Jim Cantore in hurricanes on the Weather Channel.

The Republicans are trying to deflect the news away from Trump. I don't know if Mr. President did anything wrong, but it certainly appears that there is a lot of smoke and heat being generated around his underlings. And where there is smoke, you might actually get an indictment.

I would suspect that Mr. Trump doesn't give specific orders on this type of thing, particularly in the period before he became president. He wouldn't have been that attuned to the dangerous political and legal consequences of the position and, if he said anything construed as an "order" it might have been him saying: "Good" or "Sounds good" or "Handle it".

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I would suspect that Mr. Trump doesn't give specific orders on this type of thing, particularly in the period before he became president. He wouldn't have been that attuned to the dangerous political and legal consequences of the position and, if he said anything construed as an "order" it might have been him saying: "Good" or "Sounds good" or "Handle it".

You think that's how obama handled targeting Teaparty groups with lois learner?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Let's see:

Fox news....No. I would have to be paid to watch network news on any channel. Although, I do like Jim Cantore in hurricanes on the Weather Channel.

The Republicans are trying to deflect the news away from Trump. I don't know if Mr. President did anything wrong, but it certainly appears that there is a lot of smoke and heat being generated around his underlings. And where there is smoke, you might actually get an indictment.

then never mind then.......i guess if NBC,CBS,ABC or CNN didn't report on it it is a lie......i get it....:rolleyes:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Get off it Print. Yesterday's alleged/insinuated events have no bearing on the culpability of anyone in the current administration re; their potentially illegal acts.

"Oh yeah? So's your old Man!" hasn't worked with me since 3rd grade.

Stay relevant.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Get off it Print. Yesterday's alleged/insinuated events have no bearing on the culpability of anyone in the current administration re; their potentially illegal acts.

"Oh yeah? So's your old Man!" hasn't worked with me since 3rd grade.

Stay relevant.

You never answered if you believed the pissing dossier was real or a conspiracy.

Also, targeting Teaparty was pushed as "conspiracy" until it wasn't. It's relevant when it is a frame of reference.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You never answered if you believed the pissing dossier was real or a conspiracy.

Also, targeting Teaparty was pushed as "conspiracy" until it wasn't. It's relevant when it is a frame of reference.

Almost everything that includes the word "Obama" in it is not relevant to whether Kushner et al, or possibly our current President, engaged in misconduct that could be determined to be actionable.

I understand that politics is a dirty business and that rather than get bogged down in the rumors, I await an indictment. If no indictment, then it's probably not worth discussing.

I don't have facts and it's pretty clear that you don't either...otherwise you wouldn't continue to jump sideways into topics that aren't relevant to the point.

As to the "dossier". I don't know what is in it. WaPo says that it contains a mixture of fact and supposition. Well, I'm not certain they have any better information than you or I, so "fact and supposition" is no reason to believe they know what is in it. The "golden shower" rumor isn't worth commenting on unless it turns out to be true.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Have you noticed all alpo has is personal attacks?
    giphy.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well since i’ll Be paying my property taxes again here soon neither do I. It’s never been pleasant but it’s always been much worse ever since the mortgage was paid off and I actually write the check directly. But here again some services have to be paid for by some means and some method so what do you recommend taking it’s place?

Not to put that burden on property owner is my preference. I'd rather have a sales tax increase, or perhaps local income tax increases to cover those services and eliminate all property taxes. I'm not about to call it feudalism, but I do agree with Woobie that it amounts to leasing your property from the government.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Income tax is in there. Come on now.

The property tax belongs in the description because the one-two property/income tax punch is remarkably similar to historical examples. But if you don't like it, just concentrate on the income tax portion of my post.

It was mentioned, but not explained.

Nazi's taxed property! Property tax is Nazism! It's not the income tax, or the method of taxation that made feudalism.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    LOL

Bull

When exactly did Obahama try to claim his crowd size was larger?

Look practically everyday the Whitehouse or that Twit comes up with a new whopper. Hell the whoppers aren’t even subtle sometimes.

Give me a break.

Oh. So it takes specific lies to be on the dark side?

If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan. If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.

Trump blathering on about crowd size hurt zero people. In fact, most of his lying is of little consequence, other than it chaps soft asses, and gives the media something to talk about for awhile. I'm not saying it's of no consequence, after all, our standing in the world does matter. But our standing wasn't all that grand for the previous 8 years of apology tours and unenforced red lines, and Obama pissing down his leg. His M.E. policy amounted to running out the clock.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well I didn't. A lot of Americans knew it was a lie when he said it. But because he had loyal followers, he got away with it. Just like Trump will get away with a lot of what he does because of loyal followers.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Woobie again.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Almost everything that includes the word "Obama" in it is not relevant to whether Kushner et al, or possibly our current President, engaged in misconduct that could be determined to be actionable.

I understand that politics is a dirty business and that rather than get bogged down in the rumors, I await an indictment. If no indictment, then it's probably not worth discussing.

I don't have facts and it's pretty clear that you don't either...otherwise you wouldn't continue to jump sideways into topics that aren't relevant to the point.

As to the "dossier". I don't know what is in it. WaPo says that it contains a mixture of fact and supposition. Well, I'm not certain they have any better information than you or I, so "fact and supposition" is no reason to believe they know what is in it. The "golden shower" rumor isn't worth commenting on unless it turns out to be true.

Trump is hitler if hitler liked golden showers ring a bell?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    All Pants on Fire! statements involving Barack Obama | PolitiFact

All Pants on Fire! statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact

Those cited pages reference politifacts "worst of the worst" comments by Obama and Trump. It doesn't monetize the lie, just that it is a lie. Obama repeatedly said...along with NUMEROUS people in his administration said, "if you like your health care plan (doctor), etc etc" That, clearly is a big frigging lie when he absolutely knew it to be untrue.

Lol, that comparison is either really funny, or really sad.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It was mentioned, but not explained.

Nazi's taxed property! Property tax is Nazism! It's not the income tax, or the method of taxation that made feudalism.

The Baron owned the land and the work done on it. Don't pay him for the work you did and you suffer the consequences. It's a pretty simple system, but it has a lot of permutations.

The main difference is one of detail, and not function. We are not an agrarian society. But the lord still gets the first fruits of all the work done on his land.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom