The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I’m not pushing for anything. Heck’s fire it’s already taking place. You do realize what different tax brackets mean, don’t you?

Yes, somebody's feeling got made into law. Unjustly. Elections and consequences and all of that. Coming soon to an anus near you.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

e1272725390107a1853af696cfdf2865--clarence-williams-iii-the-mod-squad.jpg

"Right here man..."

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Yes, somebody's feeling got made into law. Unjustly. Elections and consequences and all of that. Coming soon to an anus near you.

Yeah, long ago. By the way DTs plan still includes different tax brackets. Bet you different tax brackets don’t get totally eliminated. How much you want to bet?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Why can liberals never seperate needed spending and needless spending? Yes we need a military and infastructure. Government could stop taking so much in taxes of they'd stop wasting money on crap.

There is a difference.

Liberals? It seems to me the republicans are very good at adding to the deficit. Trump is advocating tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans and corporations and will add to the deficit. The Laffer Curves have NEVER worked.

deficittogdppctwoevents_001.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, long ago. By the way DTs plan still includes different tax brackets. Bet you different tax brackets don’t get totally eliminated. How much you want to bet?

Of course they won't get eliminated, too much emotion involved. Too many people relying on a bloated and overly oppressive government to get off the tit.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Liberals? It seems to me the republicans are very good at adding to the deficit. Trump is advocating tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans and corporations and will add to the deficit. The Laffer Curves have NEVER worked.

And I was beginning to think this thread was only for good for talking about Presidents and Ex-Presidents wives and who looked more manly. Seems as the level of conversation has the potential for more serious conversations after all.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

That isn't entirely true, as it is a gross oversimplification.

First, this assumes the tax cuts only had an effect into the first year of the next presidency. It also ignores the fact that Republicans like to spend money on war, which is really freakin expensive and blows the budget, no matter what else is done. Also Bush decided to bail some folks out, which really pushed us over the edge.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    It's always been that way. Initial income tax only applied to the very wealthy. Now look at it.

but why should the bottom half pay nothing???

I never said that and that’s not the case. Actually I forget where that point of not paying takes place actually. But usually it’s so low those people probably get more than they would ever put in anyway. At some point when you don’t make but so much taking away makes no sense because you would generally reimburse them more than you could ever tax them.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Ah well, you win some you lose some. Seems like my side wins this one. Make more, pay more.

Explain to me how a flat tax would not require those who make more to pay more? And the tax plan being debated doesn't even approach a flat tax. It is still disproportionate based upon income.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom